Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122379)

FrozenAngel91 03-14-2012 11:40 PM

Re: hi19hi19's Delicious Custom Theme Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by DissonantMuse (Post 3657738)
I knew I would do better the next time I played this lol. Also huge thanks to EzExZeRo7497 for suggesting to use the classic windows theme on windows 7 to reduce lag, worked wonders for me when I switched.

EDIT: shit, guess this was late, oh well. Didn't have hardly any time this week, anyway 'twas a great tourney.

Hah! You tried to kill me at the last second in yet another tournament but you were too late! I win! Muahahahahahahahaha!

But seriously really nice score, how come you always beat me on the really hard ones but can't beat me at stuff like starlight reverie lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofurox (Post 3657748)
Tournament was fun, even if the last round screwed me over the most.

Oh and have fun with FREEDOM DiVE Frozen :) Haha I could have AAA'd the first round easily, but never really bothered since initially I thought I might be a bit too good for D3A if I had AAA'd so fast haha.

Thanks tofu, and lucky me for that I guess I will be having fun with it (least I think). You know you could of blocked me from getting it at the last second by beating muse's old score too, guess I just ended up getting really lucky.

sanzath 03-15-2012 12:28 AM

Well I'll just say this was a very fun tournament, much more so than the 6th Official we had recently. I'll hand it to a few factors: nobody calling s& every 2 pages, non-elimination, credits for everybody, no ****ing AAA/SDG/teen fests every single round. Also me winning.
though I'll say my win was based off mostly the last few rounds being pure intense JS, which is, needless to say, my forte. Also Poison- stopped posting for the last two rounds, which disappoints me :< Still, the rest of you D4A guys were pretty good competition (noT u cArlos, gb2 sm!1!!1), and preggers you should get a new keyboard right now wtf
Also to the rest of everybody in every single other division, you all did great jobs and it was fun to watch the competition between you guys :>

And as a final note, @hi19 thanks for this and make another tasty custom theme tourney sometime soon!

qqwref 03-15-2012 12:29 AM

~final update~ done.

Cumulative score winners (not counting late penalties! this could change the results!):
D5A: DossarLX ODI
D5B: EzExZeRo7497
D5C: Plan_Bsk81127
D5D: Tidus810
D4A: sanzath
D4B: Breakdown16
D3A: FrozenAngel91
D3B: noname219
D2A: RadiantVibe
D2B: dvaskate
D1: Khenra (since slipknot isn't playing for realz)

aaaaand the Quasar results..... not counting stuff PM'd to hi19
D5A: Dossar was the only one, with 57005
D5B: EzExZeRo7947 was the only one, with 55740
D5C: icontrolyourworld was the only one, with 55155
D4A:
1) qqwref with 55340 :monkey:
2) sanzath with 54895
3) megamon88 with 54830
D4B: Breakdown16 was the only one, with 54060
D1:
1) Khenra with 50165
2) Jake Ferguson with 42125

hi19hi19 03-15-2012 12:31 AM

So expect to wait until at least this weekend before I can finish everything and hand out the credits. I'm super busy this week so you'll have to give me a few days here.

/advance notice

Elite Ninja 03-15-2012 12:33 AM

3rd place. Not bad. Thanks for the tourney hi19.

icontrolyourworld 03-15-2012 01:06 AM

of the 6 people that went all the way through in my division, i came in 5th :3 (would have won if i were in d5d, so i guess i just have to get better still lol)
gg's everyone!

edit:
IcyWorld says (12:12 AM):
wish i could have been in d5a
would have come in 2nd
Eze says (12:12 AM):
hahahah

hi19hi19 03-15-2012 02:27 AM

A policy of wholesale dismissal of criticism is a foolish policy. Even the most superficial criticism can oftentimes be indicative of a larger problem one must address in order to live in relative harmony in a sophisticated, complex society. Failure to at least acknowledge superficial criticism can result in a slippery slope to complete sociopathy.

justin_ator 03-15-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3657807)
A policy of wholesale dismissal of criticism is a foolish policy. Even the most superficial criticism can oftentimes be indicative of a larger problem one must address in order to live in relative harmony in a sophisticated, complex society. Failure to at least acknowledge superficial criticism can result in a slippery slope to complete sociopathy.

?______?

Elite Ninja 03-15-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3657808)
?______?

^ lol

bmah 03-15-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

that's either pretty deep advice

or

your own slippery slope to further sleep deprivation :]

icontrolyourworld 03-15-2012 02:36 AM

i think he posted in the wrong thread o.o

EzExZeRo7497 03-15-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

You know what I have witnessed, now it's your turn. Prepare yourself for a journey into a world, where each new step may give you a better understanding of your own reality.

popsicle_3000 03-15-2012 04:28 AM

woohoo! glad at least that i won the final round :D
too bad i was up against D2 greats like thong and dva. freedom dive will have to come another time. But it was good competing against you guys. that lacrimosa song just tanked for me!
Hi19, fun tournament!

mrpreggers 03-15-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanzath (Post 3657776)
Well I'll just say this was a very fun tournament, much more so than the 6th Official we had recently. I'll hand it to a few factors: nobody calling s& every 2 pages, non-elimination, credits for everybody, no ****ing AAA/SDG/teen fests every single round. Also me winning.
though I'll say my win was based off mostly the last few rounds being pure intense JS, which is, needless to say, my forte. Also Poison- stopped posting for the last two rounds, which disappoints me :< Still, the rest of you D4A guys were pretty good competition (noT u cArlos, gb2 sm!1!!1), and preggers you should get a new keyboard right now wtf
Also to the rest of everybody in every single other division, you all did great jobs and it was fun to watch the competition between you guys :>

And as a final note, @hi19 thanks for this and make another tasty custom theme tourney sometime soon!

I will be soon :) I agree with everything you said.. favorite tournament I've been in ever.

Magicturbo 03-15-2012 08:23 AM

I have to admit, this 'was' actually pretty fun, in comparison to other tournaments. Regardless of the playing styles in the new songs that didn't fit my abilities, I rather enjoyed all the charts I had to play, and I looked forward to the next round.

Well put together and pretty well run, what with making a hoard of files each week.

Zekramcross 03-15-2012 10:50 AM

Heh. Just like that I receive third place. It was my own fault for not trying more since I only posted the sightread, which was the only time I played it, and had a tight schedule. Good game Kana! You're getting better at jumpstream from what I can see.

Great tournament Hi19! This was fun as it kept me on my toes during most of the rounds. Thanks for the files too! ^_^ You did a great job on them.

bmah 03-15-2012 10:54 AM

I remember hi19 telling me about this tournament for the longest of times; he spent a logn time planning for it. So I'm glad it turned out well.

Zekramcross 03-15-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

So...in plain English this means that people don't know what they're talking about?

This is what I perceive to be the message. Correct me if I'm wrong.

hi19hi19 03-15-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekramcross (Post 3657926)
So...in plain English this means that people don't know what they're talking about?

This is what I perceive to be the message. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In plain English it means that a policy of wholesale dismissal of criticism is a foolish policy. Even the most superficial criticism can oftentimes be indicative of a larger problem one must address in order to live in relative harmony in a sophisticated, complex society. Failure to at least acknowledge superficial criticism can result in a slippery slope to complete sociopathy.

Duh.

EzExZeRo7497 03-15-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3657938)
In plain English it means that a policy of wholesale dismissal of criticism is a foolish policy. Even the most superficial criticism can oftentimes be indicative of a larger problem one must address in order to live in relative harmony in a sophisticated, complex society. Failure to at least acknowledge superficial criticism can result in a slippery slope to complete sociopathy.

Duh.

Oh god lmfaooooooooooooooo