Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   This is absolutely ridiculous... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=107878)

StepmaniaGod6969 04-12-2009 10:58 AM

This is absolutely ridiculous...

Ok, this is really ridiculous. I don't know who would make a video like this but this is the city I live in. All I have to say is **** you canada!! I mean jesus dude do you damn canadiens really gotta make yourselves feel better by ripping on U.S. cities?? I'm not sayin all Canadiens are bad but come on i'm sure if someone made this video about your city you would be upset to. Just watch.

http://www.thisaintflint.ca/

Tell me how you would feel if they(Canadiens) made this about your city. I mean yes this is how it is in Flint, but I don't know why anyone would make fun of us like this it's bad enough that my city sucks but we are trying to make it better.

ZC_Wolfy 04-12-2009 11:15 AM

Re: This is absolutely ridiculous...

was you offended
was you make feel bad

but srsly why overreact over one satirical site, there's no reason to get offended over it

EDIT: Ok so they try to make canada look better than the US, but still, there's no reason to overreact/be offended

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:16 AM

wow thats really f****d up man ... i just watched that ... im sorry but canada needs to be a little more ... non dramatic? they brought footage of 1989 compared to 2009 wth is that? they really are stupid sometimes, and no offense to canadiens, but if you wanted to compare ottawa to a town, compare it to morris or somerset county in new jersey, or even loudoun or fairfax county in virginia, both with almost over 100,000 dollar income by families ... town wise? come on thats ridiculous. that **** pisses me off

edit: yeah it would piss me off too, thats unethical and not fair to the us for canadas misbehavior on there stupidity issue. again not all of canada but on those that made that site.

Quigly 04-12-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3043376)
but if you wanted to compare ottawa to a town, compare it to morris or somerset county in new jersey,with almost over 100,000 dollar income by families ... town wise? come on thats ridiculous. that **** pisses me off

Hehe that's where I live. :>

rzr 04-12-2009 11:22 AM

Your ****ty ass grammar shames the rest of us Americans. Plus, you don't know how to spell Canadians. Piss off.

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:25 AM

for one there damn words man, get over yourself, shames us americans? dude there are ppl that talk even worse than i do, im not professional, and i dont need to be outside of my business or my college, who the hell are you to contradict me on how i speak dick! get over yourself and seriously get a life:D

mellonxcollie 04-12-2009 11:28 AM

They are comparing the quite real devastation of Flint, Michigan in the 1980s to the supposed devastation of Ottawa in 2009. The purpose of this short film was to show Ottawa's citizens that although the media is playing the recession out to be a huge deal, they are living in quite better conditions than were citizens in Flint during a different recession.

I'm not sure why you would get offended over something like that. They were stating facts. Those things really happened in Flint in 1989. So why is that offensive? It is a part of the town's history. Not even touching on the fact that they "borrowed" those facts almost exclusively from a Michael Moore film. But it's the Canadians right BURN THEM TO THE GROUND.

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:30 AM

I agree. However, why would you want to compare something in 2009, to something that happened back in 1989? It does not even compare to a suitable comparison. In the late 80s early 90s, the economy was much different than it is today. For one, the value of the US dollar was different. Household buildings, businesses, living conditions were all different. How could you even remotely compare 2009 Ottawa to 1989 Flint?

richyrich55 04-12-2009 11:33 AM

Firstly, wow.

Secondly, you f**kers want to know what's really ****ed up? You think all of Canada is ****ed up just because one f**king person made a video about some **** hole city. How would you feel if someone said, "F**k America! Everyone in America is a f**king douche!"? You would feel almost exactly like I feel right now. Maybe a little less. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE SAYING ALL OF CANADA IS STUPID. CANADA IS NOT YOUR LATRINE TO PISS IN! WE ARE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU! GET USED TO IT!

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:35 AM

First of all, I clearly stated that all of Canada is to not blame for that ****ed up video. Secondly reread what we all wrote :D. Before making falsifying accusations, read the entire thread first. Thank you.

ZC_Wolfy 04-12-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepmaniaGod6969 (Post 3043365)
I'm not sayin all Canadiens are bad but come on i'm sure if someone made this video about your city you would be upset to. Just watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richyrich55 (Post 3043403)
Secondly, you f**kers want to know what's really ****ed up? You think all of Canada is ****ed up just because one f**king person made a video about some **** hole city

ya

**** ninja'd

richyrich55 04-12-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3043412)
First of all, I clearly stated that all of Canada is to not blame for that ****ed up video. Secondly reread what we all wrote :D. Before making falsifying accusations, read the entire thread first. Thank you.

I was saying that to all of America. Not just you and everyone else in the thread. American's seem to have the general consensus that Canadians are stupid, we live in igloo's, and we talk funny. WE DON'T! All I want is for you American's to know that Canadians are not stupid. We don't live in igloo's. And we don't all talk with an accent.

Example: The ISS would be f**ked if it wasn't for the CANADArm's 1 & 2.

Example: We live in fine dwellings in good cities.

Example: Most of Canada does not have an accent. That's the frenchy's in Quebec.

Oni-Paranoia 04-12-2009 11:50 AM

hey americans, lets get mad and stereotype canadians..

o wait, im Puerto Rican nor do i giv a sh!t.. America is the world leader regardless of what any vid says LOLOL

Pay attention in history class kitties

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 11:50 AM

Dude. I know for a fact that Canadians are not stupid. I have a lot of friends who are part Canadian. I agree with you on that. However, blowing up about that in this thread about the video that either ONE person or Group of people posted isn't right. We don't have a problem with Canadians. Clearly put.

Edit: Oni, thank you for teaching us something we already knew. :D

Nyokou 04-12-2009 11:54 AM

Somewhat relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyGiHE0yU4o

fido123 04-12-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia (Post 3043445)
hey americans, lets get mad and stereotype canadians..

o wait, im Puerto Rican nor do i giv a sh!t.. America is the world leader regardless of what any vid says LOLOL

Pay attention in history class kitties

Are all Puerto Ricans dumb as ****? Yeah you're the military super power, I'll just enjoy my free health care and better living conditions.

The video was satirical and was to prove a point. If you're offended you're dumb. How about all those times Fox News in a non-satirical manner, out of ignorance insults Canada saying such things as "HOW DARE WE LET THEM ON THE SAME CONTINENT AS US".

EDIT: Thank you Nyoku

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 12:00 PM

Ok see, Tom Green is just pissed off all the time :D

But still canada is not a stupid country for real, ive been there, and i like it :D

StepmaniaGod6969 04-12-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 3043383)
They are comparing the quite real devastation of Flint, Michigan in the 1980s to the supposed devastation of Ottawa in 2009. The purpose of this short film was to show Ottawa's citizens that although the media is playing the recession out to be a huge deal, they are living in quite better conditions than were citizens in Flint during a different recession.

I'm not sure why you would get offended over something like that. They were stating facts. Those things really happened in Flint in 1989. So why is that offensive? It is a part of the town's history. Not even touching on the fact that they "borrowed" those facts almost exclusively from a Michael Moore film. But it's the Canadians right BURN THEM TO THE GROUND.

Because the same **** is still happening not much has changed here. I'm just pissed that someone would make a vid like that makin fun of my city.

fido123 04-12-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StepmaniaGod6969 (Post 3043454)
Because the same **** is still happening not much has changed here. I'm just pissed that someone would make a vid like that makin fun of my city.

Cry me a river. If you live in a ****ty place expect people to call it ****ty. If you need to compare something to something ****ty, might as well compare it to a ****ty place.

krunkykai22 04-12-2009 12:09 PM

notice that most of the people posting in here are Canadian. seriously guys, no offense to canada but stop. stepmaniagod had a right to be offended. end of story