Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Ask Me Anything (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Tass AMA (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128442)

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 06:57 PM

Tass AMA

Anything you guys ever wanted to know about FFR before it went offline for a year? Chances are I can tell you.

j-rodd123 01-11-2013 06:59 PM

Re: Tass AMA

whoa, what have you been up to? what was ur fav and least fav things about ffr before it went down?

DossarLX ODI 01-11-2013 06:59 PM

Do you remember anything about Blader Jayne (the person who drew the ingame characters in FFR's character select screen)? JasonKey couldn't remember anything about that person and there isn't an account here by that name.

rparty89 01-11-2013 07:00 PM

so

did shi- happen before 2009

qqwref 01-11-2013 07:01 PM

How are you enjoying all the flash-game businessy stuff you've been up to?

Why did you end up leaving ThirdStyle?

Would you like to see the Widget idea, or the Kongregate version of FFR, brought back up?

andy-o24 01-11-2013 07:09 PM

Pretty simple question: Do have plans of sticking around FFR?

-o24

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3834432)
whoa, what have you been up to? what was ur fav and least fav things about ffr before it went down?

Since I left FFR, I worked full time making videos on YouTube. I made over 500 walkthroughs of flash games with over 200 million total views (between YT and other sites). For the past 6+ months, I've worked for ArmorGames as their resident game expert.... I design, test, and license games as well as other game-related stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3834435)
Do you remember anything about Blader Jayne (the person who drew the ingame characters in FFR's character select screen)? JasonKey couldn't remember anything about that person and there isn't an account here by that name.

No idea... that was before even my time. Like, early 2003 right? I didn't start being active until early 2004.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3834441)
How are you enjoying all the flash-game businessy stuff you've been up to?

Why did you end up leaving ThirdStyle?

Would you like to see the Widget idea, or the Kongregate version of FFR, brought back up?

I love the indie game scene. I loved it when I worked on FFR and I loved it when I did work for the entire industry. And I love working for Armor. It's great to be so connected into a niche market.

I left ThirdStyle because nothing was getting done. Jason and Ricky are two of my buds, but after Troy left... Isak just wasn't really doing anything. Tiza came in and was helping, but it wasn't that much. So I left because I felt like nothing was going to come of it... or if something was to come of it, it was going to take forever.

I'd love to see band-specific games made again. Those things had the potential to be gold mines. I'm working on a social music game in my spare time... if that pans out, doing something like FFR Widgets would be my next project. So stay tuned!

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 3834474)
Pretty simple question: Do have plans of sticking around FFR?

-o24

Not even a little. I'm just bored right now... and it's fun to reminisce every once in a while. Plus, I have knowledge that you guys might find fascinating.

rparty89 01-11-2013 07:16 PM

will ya be staying on the site?

DossarLX ODI 01-11-2013 07:23 PM

Do you know when FFR was at its peak in activity? I remember Synthlight talking about how Konami offered several million to have parts of this site from how much activity it had.

Reincarnate 01-11-2013 07:28 PM

Tell me something juicy about the FFR debacle that I don't already know

Choofers 01-11-2013 07:30 PM

woah woah what ffr debacle

cen i get on dis

Razor 01-11-2013 07:33 PM

remember that time you hated me? good times.

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3834582)
Do you know when FFR was at its peak in activity? I remember Synthlight talking about how Konami offered several million to have parts of this site from how much activity it had.

Chances are it was my talking about Konami wanting to buy FFR, not Synth... but whatever. FFR was at its peak in early 2008; that's when we were doing the widgets big time and when Vagrant paid to have us create the MegaWidget (I forget what we were calling it) out of the AdminCave in LA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3834588)
Tell me something juicy about the FFR debacle that I don't already know

I doubt there is something I haven't told you. All that private time we spent together in Boston ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 3834598)
remember that time you hated me? good times.

Who are you?

Nullifidian 01-11-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 3834615)
All that private time we spent together in Boston ;)

oooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooo

j-rodd123 01-11-2013 08:18 PM

will you sign up for twg thats going now? there's like one spot left and it's the revival. you gotta do it!!!

NeoMasterPie 01-11-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3834623)
^^

what is that an actual thing that happened or are you just shitting me you sly dog plopadop

Charu 01-11-2013 08:18 PM

When you were active around the FFR community and game, what were your highest achievements and what were your disappointing moments?

Even if the disappointing moment was the unfortunate demise of the website for a good while?

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3834637)
will you sign up for twg thats going now? there's like one spot left and it's the revival. you gotta do it!!!

Tempting, but I'll pass. TWG was my bitch for about 2 years... I'll stay retired as Babe Ruth, instead of possibly coming back and being Michael Jordan or Brett Farve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 3834639)
When you were active around the FFR community and game, what were your highest achievements and what were your disappointing moments?

Even if the disappointing moment was the unfortunate demise of the website for a good while?

I'm not sure about a singular highest achievement... maybe just being able to get paid to be part of FFR for a few years. Or having the rest of the staff out in LA with me. I never did AAA an FMO :(. The disappointments are pretty easy... everything from the middle of 2008 onward. Most of that is highlighted in my "The FFR Lo-Down" blog post though, if you aren't familiar with what happened.

DossarLX ODI 01-11-2013 08:44 PM

Do you remember the reasons why the widgets were removed? Was DrugStoreCowboy the only one with record label contacts?