Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Final Fantasy 7 Remake (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151844)

Arntonach 04-13-2020 02:45 AM

Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Aside from the massive gap in difficulty from easy to normal, the game's really solid. Anyone else playing this?

psychoangel691 04-13-2020 04:04 AM

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake

I ordered it not sure when it's gonna get here. So I will be soon :P

mellonxcollie 04-13-2020 09:15 AM

I hope to play it on roundbox's PS4 when I am able to. I never played the original and it looks soooooooooo pretty

emulord 04-13-2020 10:13 AM

Tifa best girl

Charu 04-13-2020 10:22 AM

I'll never be able to play it since I don't have a PS4. If they port it in the future, then maybe, but for now I've just been watching Vinny from Vinesauce play it.

So far, from what I've seen. I like how the story is giving the folks you start off with (Avalanche) a lot more characterization. What I don't like are the... new things that seem to be added in to the main plot?

I'll continue to watch, but it looks like they're changing how the main plot even plays out. Feels like anyways.

fatfuck42 04-13-2020 11:16 AM

Some of the game is perfect. Combat's fun, towns feel alive, expanded characterization is cool, and seeing the locations you know and love remade is super sick (Aerith's house in particular was really well-done).

However,
I caved and looked up what the deal with the ghosts is. Massive disappointment! It's not a remake! It's like FF7-2 or FF7 Re:Make instead. I'm at Don Corneo's mansion right now so I don't know how the rest of the game plays out, but I'm worried the next releases are gonna stray from the remake and be their own thing, meaning a lot of the parts I was looking forward to seeing (like the attack on Junon) aren't gonna happen.

XelNya 04-13-2020 12:26 PM

I never played the original, and my experience with this is limited to the advent children movie exclusively.

The game's fun. Looks fucking amazing, and I've been hearing about the changes and tbh none of them feel awful when I get there (been watching Duncancantdie play it while playing it myself.) I do wish they'd let me just run around as Tifa though because Cloud's cool and all, but Tifa just plays so much better rofl

They did however make one huge mistake: and that's as far as I know some of the music you buy from the little stations can be missed permanently as far as I know right now, and that's a huge oversight if it stays the case.

fatfuck42 04-13-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4725570)
I do wish they'd let me just run around as Tifa though because Cloud's cool and all, but Tifa just plays so much better rofl

You can change the team leader in the start menu.

the sun fan 04-13-2020 01:39 PM

i might give it a shot sometime
never played the original

XelNya 04-13-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4725571)
You can change the team leader in the start menu.

you are now my unofficial hero