Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   still working on dat tohoes theme (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=142502)

Jousway 08-4-2015 09:33 AM

still working on dat tohoes theme

aw yis got options screen done

.Rarity 08-4-2015 12:02 PM

Re: still working on dat tohoes theme

When's the last time you've posted about this? Dang.

Looks really nice so far, I'd bet this would definitely get some friends I know into downloading SM5. Hope for SMO support on release o:

Jousway 08-5-2015 02:25 PM

:3

Jousway 08-6-2015 06:08 AM

http://zettbou.co.uk/Unlimited_Stepm...soku%20WIP.rar have a test version :3, tell me what you guys like and dislike

FF_rules 08-6-2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jousway (Post 4347039)
tell me what you guys like and dislike

The only thing I can think of nit picking-

-The possibility to modify the entrance "moon speak" to something more stepmania esque so it isn't just a cut and paste of 12.3

-The ability to change the opening music (I actually enjoy the opening of 12.3; but options are nice)

.Rarity 08-6-2015 08:37 AM

Trying it right now, as I type this out even. So far, it's looking pretty good. Here's just a small list of what I personally think/encountered so far:

- As of now speed options doesn't highlight correctly on 5.0.9.

- Music wheel text is way to big. The setup is nice but you could at least make it twice as small so I can properly see more charts instead of only 4 a time.

- English text/Graphics would be nice. I don't mind adding a bit of Stepman flavor to something like the title screen just to give it some identity or something

- please please pleaaaaase add a proper letter grading system to the results screen. It's a great indicator to know whether or not we've AA'd a hard file without going through the trouble of calculating our own DP with the individual judgements.

- Speaking of results screen can you add somewhere in the results on what Rate Mod you played the song in? That would be great for score keeping purposes

- Entering Song Options plays the main theme over the song preview, not sure if that's intended.

- Receptors are a tad to low I feel. Possible to resize the Lifebar a good amount skinnier to move the Receptors a tad upwards? (I go from normally reading ~C780 on most other themes, I had to drop down to almost C690 just to read stuff properly.)

Overall though I can definitely appreciate the Touhou touch to SM5, may even impress my friend who still insists on using 3.9 mainly because of a Touhou-fied IIDX-looking theme.

Jousway 08-6-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_rules (Post 4347041)
The only thing I can think of nit picking-

-The possibility to modify the entrance "moon speak" to something more stepmania esque so it isn't just a cut and paste of 12.3

dunno what you mean here rip

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_rules (Post 4347041)
-The ability to change the opening music (I actually enjoy the opening of 12.3; but options are nice)

I could add it but its going to be way way low on my list

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Rarity (Post 4347100)
Trying it right now, as I type this out even. So far, it's looking pretty good. Here's just a small list of what I personally think/encountered so far:
- As of now speed options doesn't highlight correctly on 5.0.9.

oops ~fixed

Quote:

- Music wheel text is way to big. The setup is nice but you could at least make it twice as small so I can properly see more charts instead of only 4 a time.

I made it big so it would fit the original 12.3 character/senario selector but I guess it is too big yeah haha, has also been bothering me

Quote:

- English text/Graphics would be nice. I don't mind adding a bit of Stepman flavor to something like the title screen just to give it some identity or something

most of it is english aside from the options info at the bottom of the screen, I could change that and let sm handel it to make it more acurate than just using the jap image

Quote:

- please please pleaaaaase add a proper letter grading system to the results screen. It's a great indicator to know whether or not we've AA'd a hard file without going through the trouble of calculating our own DP with the individual judgements.

I dont know what the % score is for AA and stuff to apear oops rip

Quote:

- Speaking of results screen can you add somewhere in the results on what Rate Mod you played the song in? That would be great for score keeping purposes

sure~

Quote:

- Entering Song Options plays the main theme over the song preview, not sure if that's intended.

I tought I fixed this...

Quote:

- Receptors are a tad to low I feel. Possible to resize the Lifebar a good amount skinnier to move the Receptors a tad upwards? (I go from normally reading ~C780 on most other themes, I had to drop down to almost C690 just to read stuff properly.)

I moved them lower because on center mode it puts the arrows under that huge blob, guess I'ma move that one more up rip

Quote:

Overall though I can definitely appreciate the Touhou touch to SM5, may even impress my friend who still insists on using 3.9 mainly because of a Touhou-fied IIDX-looking theme.

awesome

Jousway 08-6-2015 06:24 PM

is this better?

.Rarity 08-6-2015 07:04 PM

I think that looks a lot better :)