Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   EMG Rivalry [D4/D5/D6] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140286)

Deidara837 12-29-2014 12:03 AM

EMG Rivalry [D4/D5/D6]

Welcome to the EMG Rivalry

Also known as the D4/D5/D6 (Expert/Master/Guru) Rivalry, of which this is hopefully the stable reincarnation. Ideally the Official Tournament will revitalize the activity here when it comes around!

Rivalry Goals

Promote a friendly and social environment where people can skillboost while smashing some arrows.
Want to get better? Need people to compete with? We're trying to create group we can do this with.

Format

The basic overview is that each week, divisions are given 3 songs to play spanning their skill range both above and below. Everyone is encouraged to play each of the songs to the best of their ability and submit scores here to see how you're doing! You'll have others right there with you so you have a bit of friendly competition. I'd love to see participants keep at it and participate every week, persistence definitely pays off!

The ultimate goal of this rivalry is self-improvement, so never get discouraged when you're not doing as well as you want to! In addition, completing all of the songs for the week will make you eligible to earn credit rewards from the weekly credit pot, which grows as more people participate.
(One and done playthroughs of the songs are discouraged, you won't be getting better that way)

Track your progress on the spreadsheet to check your rankings and improvements as the weeks pass!

(Note: this section pertains to the old system we used to use)
On the spreadsheet, member names & songs for the Expert Division (D4) will be in green, and member names & songs for the Master Division (D5) will be in yellow. The Guru Division (D6) is colored with red. The maximum raw score for each song will be below its name. The dates for the current week will be at the top along with the most recently updated post number.

Next to the raw scores for the submissions will be a number for ranking points for that song among the division, the lowest of which is 1, and the highest of which is the amount of players that have submitted scores for all songs. The order is determined by the best raw score earning the highest amount of points. Ranking points are only given to players who have completed all of the weekly songs and are used to help determine the amount of credits awarded to each participant for that week.

Credit formula is as follows:

n = number of active players for the week, per division
iRP = ranking points per individual player
tRP = total ranking points for the division
tRP = Σ[i=1:n](3*i) , (3, 9, 18, 30, 45, 63, 84, ...)

(iRP/tRP)*(1000*n)+500 , rounded to the nearest whole number

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarrotCake94 (Post 4251834)
Score Submission:
~ Submit a passing score
~ Submit NEW scores only! Old scores will not count.
~ We judge by Raw Scores! (not combo scoring) so send us the better raw score
~ If you improve your score, feel free to send in another one
~ Don't submit scores with rates. If a song is really long and you feel that rates will help, NO! Don't do it... just don't...
~ Scores are to be posted either in this thread, or PM'd through FFR, or through Skype pm -> (Send links to a Rivalry Staff member)

If you fail to follow these guidelines to submit the score properly, you score will not be recorded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarrotCake94 (Post 4251834)
Once you play through a song and have reached the results screen, take a screenshot by...

R^3

right clicking > select 'Take ScreenShot - Imgur' > copy image link

Velocity/Legacy

Windows
Alt + PrtScn > paste to file sharing site > copy image link

Mac
Command + Shift + 4 > click and drag over the entire gaming window > check desktop for .png > upload to a convenient file sharing site > copy image link

The point of this is to encourage broad competition and improve as a whole. If you all play the songs each week, striving to do better will help you in the long run, and reward you along the way. Everyone loves to see people improve! Just play to the best of your ability, and remember, have fun! If you get frustrated you can always come back later and revisit the songs, and don't be afraid to ask for advice in the thread. It's a single-player game that we can still play with our friends, and we're here to enjoy it. :)

EMG Rivalry Scores (New Sheet)

EMG Archive (Old Sheet)

Joining

To participate, simply confirm your interest by posting in the thread! You'll be added to the spreadsheet once your division has been determined, and know we're glad to have you. There's also a Skype group running: if you're interested in hanging out, posting scores, or looking for multiplayer buddies, you can add me (with a message saying who you are on FFR), and I'll get you into the group as soon as I can!

*As people are generally moving over to Discord, feel free to join the main FFR Discord server that has been set up!*
https://discord.gg/QK94SZP

If any of you have questions, don't be afraid to ask! I'm usually on several times a day and will be able to respond shortly.

ATTENTION
FFRMania is an amazing practice engine (10/10 recommend please use) with a titanic amount of files to play to get better with various techniques, or to play some really tough files, or even to fool around with dump files.

PrawnSkunk has set up an alternate engine for us (EMG), and there's a small collection of songs added for us. Might have more use in the future but it's there for now.

The .swf and .xml links are below. Please refer to the FFR Standalone Guide if you need help with running the .swf or .xml links for Adobe Flash Player.

Engine .swf/.xml

FFRMania R^3: http://104.236.179.121/r3.xml

EMG R^3: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...rivalry/r3.xml
EMG Velocity: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...y/Velocity.swf
EMG Legacy: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...lry/Legacy.swf

Week 13: 10/31/16 - 11/7/16

____________________________________________________[55-58] [57] Glove Stage - Ultra Sweden
____________________________________________________[59-63] [61] Turn Around
____________________________________________________[64-68] [66] Across the Ocean
____________________________________________________[69-73] [71] Stupor of Peace
____________________________________________________[74-77] [75] Danse de Romani
____________________________________________________[78-82] [78] 0x69
____________________________________________________[83-87] [85] Azul (Remix)
____________________________________________________[88-92] [88] Amber Shores
____________________________________________________[93-97] [94] St. Scarhand [Heavy]

danceflashrevo 12-29-2014 12:06 AM

Re: EM Rivalry [D4/D5]

see?

Funnygurl555 12-29-2014 12:24 AM

thanks for letting me invade your space guys

although d6 best division 4ever soz

Deidara837 12-29-2014 12:29 AM

You be nice or I get the shock collar

Funnygurl555 12-29-2014 12:37 AM

osh-

Jimmymi 12-29-2014 01:01 AM

im sleepy but fkn bring it

edit:

found addy

also will there be a skype group?

Deidara837 12-29-2014 01:11 AM

Add me and I'll get you in

Clicky the linky I have up there

Deidara837 12-30-2014 02:36 PM

Here we are, it's time for

Opening Week

D4

[61] Artemis
[64] The Strategy of Emperor
[67] Treasure Planet
[69] Carol of the Bells

D5

[70] Stately, Wrong
[74] Lawn Wake IX
[76] Distortion Power
[79] Gunkienen Tarusuigin

FFRMania Challenge

[16] Superluminal
Pack: Tachyon Beta
Reward: 800 credits

D4: Raw Score > 81000
D5: Raw Score > 82000

You have until next Tuesday to submit scores. If people would like to join the rivalry, you may submit your scores along with your "in" statement for convenience. Credit payouts and bonus challenge rewards will be sorted out at the end of the week. Enjoy!

MyNameIsNothing 12-30-2014 02:41 PM

LET'S GET THIS STARTED

Funnygurl555 12-30-2014 03:09 PM

this took two whole restarts but i finally did it

rly though gl guys this is where i stop invading your thread and only harass you in chat cya \o

ShurykaN 12-30-2014 05:24 PM

eh

ShadowDueler97 12-30-2014 05:52 PM

Here's this for now

ThunderFlip 12-30-2014 07:39 PM

I played everything for giggles:

I trilled too fast, wut? Lost my composure after that. Will try for a AAA. :D

Good song, nothing too tricky. AAA for this definitely possible, too.

Aww, I remember when I was in D2 and I loved the heck out of this song even though I got like 30 misses on it and had arm pains after playing it. <3

[14][23] and [13][24] Jump Trills. Probably my worst pattern in the game other than jacks.

Wow. Insane improvement since I played this for the Zenith's Helping Hand Tourney at the beginning of the month: 42-1-6-6 was the best I could muster up at that point.

Need to learn to clean up my 32nd rolls.

Felt like I was playing near my absolute best. A really great run.

Jacks are blegh, most misses from laziness (although if I tried to hit them, I'd probably double my goods haha). I guess my goal will be sub-100 and single-digit-misses? That'd be cool

Real surprised that I got the requirement on my first try. :D

Fun stuff, I'll try and improve these throughout the week. :3

ShadowDueler97 12-30-2014 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderFlip (Post 4254211)
Need to learn to clean up my 32nd rolls.

Just jump trill them :P

ThunderFlip 12-30-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDueler97 (Post 4254219)
Just jump trill them :P

*Need to learn how to jumptrill. Yeah I'm not cool enough to try and hit every note. I just blindly mash lefthand-righthand-lefthand-righthand and hope I'm going fast enough. :P Tends to get kinda messy

llyair 12-30-2014 10:51 PM

I suppose I'll join c: In, please! :)

This came out of nowhere o.o

I lost the FC, whoops XD

axith 12-30-2014 11:57 PM

Some initial scores. Will improve.

The above is a screencap of the r3 replay. Let me know if it should just be redone.

alster1 12-31-2014 12:22 AM

Let's do this.

SuperNOVA Gian 12-31-2014 12:27 AM

I'm interested, I want to be in :)

Deidara837 12-31-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axith (Post 4254337)

The above is a screencap of the r3 replay. Let me know if it should just be redone.

You're all good, screencapping the replay still shows the appropriate date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alster1 (Post 4254350)
Let's do this.

Welcome! D4, bud :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperNOVA Gian (Post 4254352)
I'm interested, I want to be in :)

Hey, welcome back, rollin' the D5 still :)

ShurykaN and llyair, you guys have also been added to the spreadsheet. Thanks!