Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pokemon Go! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144711)

TheThong 07-6-2016 03:22 AM

Pokemon Go!

For those Pokemon fans: If you guys have a smart phone, you should download Pokemon Go. ;) I just caught a squirtle for my first Pokemon. :')

Actually, it just got released in Australia so I'm not sure if you guys will have it yet. (Since most of you are across the other side of the planet to me).

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about refer to this: https://youtu.be/2sj2iQyBTQs

Tarrik 07-6-2016 03:28 AM

Re: Pokemon Go!

I just went out and caught like 5 zuubats, a growlith, a meowith and a weedle before the servers crashed lol

storn42 07-6-2016 04:35 AM

I dont live in Australia, but I will totally be downloading this as soon as it gets released in the US.

TheThong 07-6-2016 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarrik (Post 4450454)
I just went out and caught like 5 zuubats, a growlith, a meowith and a weedle before the servers crashed lol

Haha! It's too cold to walk! :( I'll go out tomorrow before work

TheThong 07-6-2016 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4450463)
I dont live in Australia, but I will totally be downloading this as soon as it gets released in the US.

I'm surprised you guys didn't get it before us!

storn42 07-6-2016 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheThong (Post 4450469)
I'm surprised you guys didn't get it before us!

It's doesn't surprise me that much. EVERYONE is going to want to download pokemon go, and it could very easily overload their servers.it could be that they want to let in people in waves so that they won't suddenly go down.

TheThong 07-6-2016 08:42 AM

True. We usually get everything last here though, so it's a nice surprise.

It's so much fun you guys! Every building/restaurant/Park is a pokemon gym, or place to collect items, etc.

Update: just caught a ratata in my room! XD alright, promise I won't spam you all.

gold stinger 07-6-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4450473)
It's doesn't surprise me that much. EVERYONE is going to want to download pokemon go, and it could very easily overload their servers.it could be that they want to let in people in waves so that they won't suddenly go down.

not everyone. You need a massive data plan to play the game. It's an MMO that requires travelling afaik.

That immediately ix-nays me from it.

Devilchilly 07-6-2016 12:19 PM

Tfw you're unknowingly working out from all the walking you do, cool app tbh. Too bad I don't have a smartphone, FeelsBadMan.

dell2150 07-6-2016 04:36 PM

You can get it in any country on Android by googling "Pokemon GO apk" and downloading it. You might have to change security settings on your phone in order to do so, but works great around my location in Massachusetts! I got to level 5 and was heading towards a gym to try before the servers went down and I had to go into work. They are still not working for me :( but it is so much fun!

Tarrik 07-6-2016 06:41 PM

just caught a 200 CP golbat. That SHITS on every gym leader around me in about a 10 km radius. My time to shine bois.

Edit - my Golbat is now like 400 CP. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO

lurker 07-6-2016 08:09 PM

it's out in the US

shenjoku 07-6-2016 08:28 PM

Time to uninstall Ingress and get this :O Now I have more excuses to walk into random places, woohoo!

choof 07-6-2016 09:42 PM

DOWNLOADED
SEEMS TO BE SUPER BUGGY THOUGH

still, I've caught a charmander, paras, and ratatatattttaatteinata

Cold Kitten 07-6-2016 10:27 PM

downloaded! only caught charmander bc walking places at 11:30 pm lol

top 07-6-2016 10:42 PM

That would be cool if it changed what pokemon spawn depending on the weather, time of day, and location.
Pokemon is about adventure after all.

And OH SHIT. Reach a certain elevation and more flying types appear! Climb mountains and shit!
Go to the top of Mt. Everest and battle Red. o.o
Go to the ocean.

Hit up major landmarks to get legendaries!
Each wonder of the world has some crazy event HOLY BALLS THE POSSIBILITIES

CAN YOU BATTLE FRIENDS??!!!

God damn im so hyped by the sheer opportunities i could come across i wish i had a damn phone

supermoe1985 07-6-2016 10:58 PM

Apparently my phone isn't compatible with the game and it's only 3-4 years old, is Pokemon Go really that hard to run?

EDIT: Thanks to Tarrik for helping me download the APK and install it on my phone manually, game runs absolutely fine.

cedolad 07-7-2016 12:02 AM

Just installed this tonight after work, and spent an hour walking around town.

Hit up two pokestops and caught like 16 pokemon

Arntonach 07-7-2016 12:04 AM

Sister got it, but she can't get any pokemon cause they're all in deep ravines or on the side of a cliff. Plus all we got are Zubat and Ekans, so she's not so thrilled.

cedolad 07-7-2016 12:06 AM

Anybody see any pokemon outside of the 1st gen yet?