Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Marathon Pack Discussion (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=55169)

Wavanova 12-7-2006 07:16 AM

Marathon Pack Discussion

A noticed a few people said they'd like a Marathon Pack after I suggested it, so yeah >_>

I don't know exactly what I should make the terms of the pack and stuff...like how many songs, what should the minimum length of the songs be, etc.

Discuss plz >_>

Kevin_18 12-7-2006 07:51 AM

Re: Marathon Pack Discussion

You realize that if this happens the total download file size will be pretty huge.

Wavanova 12-7-2006 10:18 AM

I have some server space that I haven't used in about a year. I'm also opening a site in a few months and would be more than happy to host the pack on the space I have.

TheRapingDragon 12-7-2006 04:29 PM

Offtopic: You made Trivium's "Pull Harder On The Strings..." file didn't you.

That's a pretty fun file.

You got any more files man?

Wavanova 12-7-2006 06:41 PM

Yeah I have quite a few lolz...do you have MSN, I'll add you and send you a few maybe.

Patashu 12-8-2006 06:26 AM

If this pack starts up I'm so stepping a song by Spor.

Wavanova 12-8-2006 06:58 AM

Okay, well how many songs should we have in it?

Rabslab 12-8-2006 09:42 AM

worst idea ever kill yourself

MixMasterLar 12-8-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabslab (Post 1027200)

Here's a idea, leave us alone

Back on topic I have the 22 mim. version of Soul Calibur's "Labyrith of Moonlight" That I might step if given the time. However, it's pretty much just repeats 5 measues till about the 12 min mark so I need a Min. Time or something.

Wavanova 12-8-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

wow, you're really intelligent. yes i suppose killing myself would solve the problem, since you don't really have anything else you could say to me to back yourself up. Idiot.

EDIT: Mixmaster, a song that repeats for the first 12 mins = ****. Nobody will want to play that. It's ridiculously repetitive.

Patashu 12-8-2006 03:11 PM

Besides, the worst idea ever was Dog_E's berzerker pack.

macgravel 12-8-2006 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavanova (Post 1027479)
wow, you're really intelligent. yes i suppose killing myself would solve the problem, since you don't really have anything else you could say to me to back yourself up. Idiot.

Hahahaha, you guys really don't know who rabslab is, do you XD

Wavanova 12-8-2006 05:49 PM

(continuing this from the previous topic)

Yes.

(>_>)

insupherable 12-9-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

You are pretty stupid Rabslab. Anyone that says a marathon pack is the worst idea ever should probably go drown themselves.

Marathon pack sounds awesome, and I think i'm going to start stepping some files. I'm getting to the point where im skilled enough that I could.

MixMasterLar, if there was a song that was even 12 minutes long, unless it was like a rave/trance kinda ordeal with some crazy switch ups (Meaning not repetitive) I doubt I'd even play it. And knowing you stepped it would probably just make me delete the whole simfile off of my computer. Atleast sync your steps.

MixMasterLar 12-9-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavanova (Post 1027479)
Mixmaster, a song that repeats for the first 12 mins = ****. Nobody will want to play that. It's ridiculously repetitive.

I can cut the first 11 min. or so, it will still be about 10 long and not really as repetitive since it picks up. you can check it out here: http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/605/29

Remember that I can cut the first 11 mins so you can fast forward if you wanna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by insupherable (Post 1028371)
MixMasterLar,.....knowing you stepped it would probably just make me delete the whole simfile off of my computer. Atleast sync your steps.

First off, eveybody can call me "Lar"

Now about my steps, I know my first, what, 5 sims were complete garbage but I think Im doing better (too bad since no one plays my newer sims that I cant see if that statement is correct). If you dont like something about ANY of my steps than PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK! I will try to make better sims off of what people tell me.

Back on subject: If 5 mins is long enough, then I have a couple of songs somewere on this computer that's that long, so I'll see if I still have any of them.

PS I dont care who rabslab is, even if a mod did nothing but tell me to kill myself I would still be tiss about it.

insupherable 12-9-2006 12:32 PM

Yea 5 mins usually qualifies as a long/marathon song. It's about the teetering point I'd say. And I can understand why people wouldn't play your newer sims if they've tried your old sims. They have an idea of what they should be like. Which is why people like Zagh have a huge following for their simfiles... Because they've been good for a very long time. My suggestions for you are the same as earlier. Step a semi-popular song, or an unreleased song from a popular artist (sharpnel, amuro, ashura, onoken, the flashbulb) or something that would just be really hard to step and people would want to see (a good venetian snares or good squarepusher, or something else fairly crazy you could think of)

MixMasterLar 12-9-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insupherable (Post 1028450)
Yea 5 mins usually qualifies as a long/marathon song. It's about the teetering point I'd say. And I can understand why people wouldn't play your newer sims if they've tried your old sims. They have an idea of what they should be like. Which is why people like Zagh have a huge following for their simfiles... Because they've been good for a very long time. My suggestions for you are the same as earlier. Step a semi-popular song, or an unreleased song from a popular artist (sharpnel, amuro, ashura, onoken, the flashbulb) or something that would just be really hard to step and people would want to see (a good venetian snares or good squarepusher, or something else fairly crazy you could think of)

K good I'll look for a popular song and step it to show people that Im now better. Maybe a Bemani one?...

Please try my newer ones and leave feedback on my thread

PS Surviver Showdown by DM Ahsura-----a remix of Trip Mechine and Paranoia! AND IT'S FIVE MINS. LONG!!! tell me if you like the idea!

MixMasterLar 12-9-2006 01:41 PM

Ok here are some songs I can step IF This pack is happening:

5 min version of "Labyrith of Moonlight" (sounds pretty good, not as messey as 20 min one.)

The VRARE version of "My Only Shining Star"

Fascination MAXX (Cally & Juice's Maxximum Overload Mix)

"Synthetic Pulse" from Tekken DR and "Burning Devotion!" by Kyo Kusanagi (only about 4-5 mins each)

EDIT: I also have remixes of yoshimitsu's And Lei's TekkenTAG themes, but there right under 5 mins.

insupherable 12-9-2006 02:53 PM

Here would be my personal preference for a marathon song. I'm not going to be stepping it anytime soon so feel free. Never Ever Land - Infected Mushroom

MixMasterLar 12-9-2006 08:37 PM

Oh snap Im stepping this if no one cares, unless wavanova doesnt want to do this pack, then I'll just work on a All Namco pack...
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1519/10