Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   6th Official FFR Tournament - Is over, Congrats to all our winners! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121029)

The_Toymaker 12-19-2011 09:08 PM

Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Round 5 has started!

GET ****ING HYPE

Sweet_Feet 12-19-2011 09:09 PM

Oh yeah, round ends tomorrow... guess I should try to improve.

Zakvvv666 12-19-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Feet (Post 3594028)

Or not.... :3

hi19hi19 12-19-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Feet (Post 3594028)

nah i think you're fine right where you are :)

hehu

dragonmegaXX 12-19-2011 09:17 PM

Well you're lucky Ive been in new york with nothing but a craptastic laptop with craptastic wifi for the past 3 days and the next 4.

It's been fun.

Zakvvv666 12-19-2011 09:19 PM

Hate to sound rude to those under the line but please don't improve :<
I suffered a small skill drop and I don't see a AAA happening tomorrow if I need it, and I really don't want to whore for VRofl D:

who_cares973 12-19-2011 09:31 PM

haha i thought today was tuesday lol oops.

Silvuh 12-19-2011 09:46 PM

Sigh ... Just flipped out on the keyboard, getting all hot and agitated ...

That run on Thursday was my last chance, when I BF'd it on a random split jump, felt my hand slip ... That should have been an AAA, ugh.

Came home on Friday ... I don't take my desktop home with me over winter break, so I'm stuck with this older computer that doesn't perform as well. When I tried to play Colorful Course, I got 100 goods in the first half ... then got 3/4ths through with 60 goods ... That was really disheartening, so I stopped trying. Since then I've just been playing through Persona 4 again and not thinking about it ...

But just a bit ago I checked the board ... One more person getting all perfects, and that's the top 8. So I had to try again ... turned off the game and got to practicing. First AAA'd CmR, then started on some 8s ... didn't AAA any of them. Went on to 9s ... only SDG'd a couple. Played a few 10s but I started getting irritated when I kept accidentally hitting my reset button ... Got 27 goods on Colorful Course, then 30 ... even after conditioning my hands to play, I still couldn't even SDG it, let alone AAA it.

Next try I managed to get 14 goods but no FC, so I thought maybe if I kept at it, I could get closer ... But ... closer, maybe ... the AAA, no ... I'd even get random goods just in the first 60 notes, never getting past the first jumpstream without a number of goods ... Reset, reset, reset, never getting anywhere. So many more stupid random goods than before. That's what was getting me agitated.

It'd take a lot of luck for me to AAA this here ... luck I couldn't even get back at my dorm ... but now I really need to relax so I don't hit the keyboard again. And if I can't relax tonight, then I'll just have tomorrow ...

I still don't have any FMO AAAs. I know it'll happen eventually ... I've AAA'd a fair number of 10s, but it still feels so far away ... being able to do real well on any non-low FMOs, that is. And it's kind of a scary thought, if I'll be good enough for D5 next year but still not be able to consistently FC files like Halcyon ...

So I am pretty disappointed at failing now, being so close to getting a chance at placing in D4. I'm just assuming I won't even FC whatever tie-breaker song we have to play if no one else improves, because tie-breakers are supposed to be that much harder and such ... I'm not surprised, though. If I can't get all perfects on an FMO, then that's that.

I did get farther than I ever have before, though, so that was nice ... It was fun, all that improvement, AAAing most 8s and 9s and even more 10s ... But right now with my time in this tournament being up, I don't have that motivation anymore.

Nothing has gotten me that driven to improve my game since the site came back up. I suppose I'll see if it comes back at all in January ... but I may not be playing much more until then. And then I don't know how difficult my classes will be next semester, so I'll have to see about that too.

Getting a little more calm now just from typing this message up, but ... yeah, calmer, but not necessarily any happier about this. Haha. Oh well. I did have fun, even if I'm being a total sad-sack right now ... Heh. Guess I'm done rambling ... Can't think of any more things coherent to say. Eheh.

Sweet_Feet 12-19-2011 09:47 PM

More AAAs this round than in the first... okay?

Mind blocks all over that jumpstream.

Can't find a way to interest myself or dedicate time to playing consistently.

Peace.

Stage: 12-19-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3594011)
Got my BF on Higan, after that, nost of my runs I try to AAA the beginning cuz huge mindblock sometimes. Try mirroring it for a few runs then go back to normal, helped me a bit...

Exactly the same for me. BIG mindblock on the first burst, the rest is cool

CammyGoesRawr 12-19-2011 10:00 PM

Come on kids!

justin_ator 12-19-2011 10:05 PM

There's like....a whole day left lol

NickGallagher7 12-19-2011 11:55 PM

Because of the rather ridiculously insane 12 way tiebreaker D1 has (And how it's so ironic and comical that D1 has the tiebreaker when it was called D6 shall be the reigning king of AAA or die), I think everybody in the upper divisions should pick one of us noobs and start placing bets. Like.. Horse racing.. But better.

Organized FFR noob gambling.
For unneeded credits.
That everybody who would bet doesn't even need.

After all, this is a community of smashing buttons. We tend to do things completely unnecessary for little to no gain. And I for one love it.

psychoangel691 12-20-2011 12:04 AM

Man I've been out of the loop in this thread today lol. Saphira ended up getting a fever (102.6) so we took her to the ER to get checked out. They think it's just a virus, so hopefully she'll get better soon. I guess I need to plan for these tiebreakers :twisted:

TheSaxRunner05 12-20-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickGallagher7 (Post 3594157)
I think everybody in the upper divisions should pick one of us noobs and start placing bets. Like.. Horse racing.. But better.

Organized FFR noob gambling.
For unneeded credits.
That everybody who would bet doesn't even need.

After all, this is a community of smashing buttons. We tend to do things completely unnecessary for little to no gain. And I for one love it.

I'd bet on Escha, his score on Stay crunchy is only 8 goods worse than mine

YoshL 12-20-2011 01:15 AM

Hypelessthanadayleft

TheSaxRunner05 12-20-2011 01:27 AM

One of my last opportunities to whore and my computer gets a mini-lag burst on the stand alone every 30 seconds .... gg guys I think I'm done

The_Toymaker 12-20-2011 04:57 AM

This is me: :-| This is what happens when I realize I'm going to get vROFL tomorrow: :shock: #HYPE

CammyGoesRawr 12-20-2011 04:58 AM

Please, please, please, 4 more people don't AAA this file..16. Hours. Till. vROFL...
/anxietyhypemanias

p.s. Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (1 members and 0 guests)
CammyGoesRawr
._.

popsicle_3000 12-20-2011 05:22 AM

good luck everyone!!! i'm jealous :)