Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stepping Stones 4 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147614)

Shadow_God_10 07-10-2017 12:46 AM

Re: Stepping Stones 4

Kraezy was the hard chart for Isshukan okay :o

LuzianoZOMBI3 07-10-2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraezymann (Post 4569194)
Airport Lady - Hard was fun, Challenge was a bit tough, but not bad at all. I think they need to be balanced out a bit with an easier chart with a bit less handstream in there. Do that and we good to go. Accepted pending an easier chart

Tick Tock - I think you did a really, REALLY good job with EZ (and HD), but Challenge was a bit too tough. I'd say take out Medium and Challenge, and add a slightly easier chart and it's a REALLY fun addition to the pack. Accepted pending an easier chart

HARD - Only one chart. Another tough submission from you lol

Seaside Labyrinth - classic bmah file to some sweet 80's style funky beats. The ending in all of the charts are so fun to play its almost spooky. The challenge chart especially is a really excellent technical chart that I think people will find fun to try to time right. Accepted!

Ishukan Communication - anime files SIGHHHHHHH but this is unfair because its actually fun to play EXCEPT for that [24][23] thing at 39.139s in the easy chart. Any way to make that thing a bit more manageable? Other spots in that chart (ie around the 11s mark) are forgivable, but not that one. Otherwise like I said, unfairly fun to play ;) Accepted AFTER YOU FIX THAT ONE JUMP

Hold it Down - Fairly classic schintilll technical file. Hard is a pretty clever technical chart that should be fairly accessible to everyone that really flows well with the song. Accepted.

Huge Upside Down Squirrel - Medium is good to learn how the song goes, then Hard will assault you with the crazy shit... it gets real tough real fast, but still within the realm of possibility of casual/somewhat experienced players. Most experienced players will probably enjoy trying to combo this one.

No Trust, Walk Alone - I'm gonna have to say to no to this one. Unfortunately it is a pretty boring file, but the fault isn't yours, its the songs. It's tough to make a song like that any more interesting than 8th notes with the occasional 16th burst. Having said that, don't be discouraged with the result. If this is really your first file, then you have a lot of the basics all figured out, which is great to see. Its a bit of a dull song, which unfortunately makes for a dull chart

Well, I tried, but maybe I can a medium-hard song chart from a Doom game to make up for it.

Kraezymann 07-10-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach
Sending in some cross x beats stuff. Challenge is a holdover from stepping hard stuff, so you can ignore it.

Received!

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya
I'll fix it soon and shoot it in.
AND MAYBE CHART MOAR ANIME. Nah jk

Good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10
Kraezy was the hard chart for Isshukan okay

Yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuziamoZOMBI3
Well, I tried, but maybe I can a medium-hard song chart from a Doom game to make up for it.

Cool! Just remember its not that the difficulty was bad; on the contrary the charts I got would have been just fine. The song itself was just too boring, and it's hard to make something fun out of something like that

sunn0glasses 07-10-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraezymann (Post 4569194)
Airport Lady - Hard was fun, Challenge was a bit tough, but not bad at all. I think they need to be balanced out a bit with an easier chart with a bit less handstream in there. Do that and we good to go. Accepted pending an easier chart

Tick Tock - I think you did a really, REALLY good job with EZ (and HD), but Challenge was a bit too tough. I'd say take out Medium and Challenge, and add a slightly easier chart and it's a REALLY fun addition to the pack. Accepted pending an easier chart

HARD - Only one chart. Another tough submission from you lol

hm yea, i'm really not sure what happened with HARD but i definitely made 3 charts for it (med, hard, oni) but dont worry about it, just ignore that file lol. im too lazy to figure out why my .sm files sometimes dont save right.

but, thanks for liking the other two files! i'll work on easier charts for them

Arntonach 07-10-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunn0glasses (Post 4569298)
hm yea, i'm really not sure what happened with HARD but i definitely made 3 charts for it (med, hard, oni) but dont worry about it, just ignore that file lol. im too lazy to figure out why my .sm files sometimes dont save right.

but, thanks for liking the other two files! i'll work on easier charts for them

It's probably the "compatibility files" issue rearing it's ugly head again. Just move your Stepmania installations out of whichever "Program Files" folder you installed them in and put them somewhere else, because it's not overwriting data over the base files, it's saving them elsewhere in a well-hidden file in your User folder.

Kraezymann 07-24-2017 09:09 PM

We still goin'

Strayer - Pretty good file throughout. Liked the use of rolls in the harder charts. Challenge feels a bit overlayered, and the rolls seems a bit weirdly placed but its mostly just taste. The rest of the charts are great!

Kraezymann 07-24-2017 09:14 PM

And send more solo files

Wayward Vagabond 07-24-2017 09:15 PM

did rog submit story 2

bmah 07-25-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraezymann (Post 4573281)
And send more solo files

Why not try a Stepping Stones pack in the near future with solo files only? There's already a VGMP pack for solo only and perhaps another solo-only pack would encourage more people to play, rather than isolated solo files in a 4k-focused pack.

TheNoSoMan 07-25-2017 12:32 AM

Didn't Patashu try something like that years ago?

bmah 07-25-2017 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNoSoMan (Post 4573336)
Didn't Patashu try something like that years ago?

I'd argue there are still several beginner packs of 4k too, so despite there being several Xiao beginner solo packs, I don't see why there shouldn't be a series for Stepping Stones as well. I'd actually say that Xiao beginner solo packs are even easier than the difficulties that Stepping Stones suggest, which I think falls more under novice and moderate difficulties than beginner IMO.

Kraezymann 07-25-2017 07:11 AM

That's not a bad idea

L.B.D.D 07-26-2017 04:42 AM

hi folks
does anybody know what the highest quality of audio for old DDR songs are?
i'm looking to make a file for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iDvi9Tzb90 because i finally have some free time on my hands, but not sure what the best audio would be

Kraezymann 07-26-2017 07:19 AM

Zenius-i-Vanisher is likely your best bet.

DourGent 08-17-2017 04:51 PM

woah a file

Arntonach 08-17-2017 04:52 PM

I got something for this, just need to make some easier charts for this. Oddly it's mostly focused on 32nd bursts but it's only a 15. :S

Kraezymann 08-24-2017 10:48 PM

Hey SourGentleman

You're file is good dawg but could you please send me a better mp3? Its quiet as hell and it makes it tough to hear what them rainbows go to. I can also try to amplify it a bit if you can't be bothered

DourGent 08-31-2017 07:05 AM

only just saw this oopsiedaisy, i never realise audio levels being too low because i amplify everything anyway, mb man, lemmie turn up the mp3 and resend it

EDIT: Sent the fixed version man, also made some changes to it to remove noise

TheNoSoMan 09-2-2017 08:53 AM

Sent something just for the hell of it.

Kraezymann 09-2-2017 11:14 AM

Ayyy jamello