Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWGXVIII Postgame: Evil Prevails (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=29909)

JurseyRider734 08-11-2005 08:31 PM

TWGXVIII Postgame: Evil Prevails

Aragorn (guardian) - Hans
Gandalf (psychic) - evilbutterfly
Legolas (seer) - Lightdarkness
Sauron (Master Wolf) - Guido
Witch King of Agmar (wolf) – flypie
Gollem (wolf) - Kilgamayan
Saruman (wolf) – Afro
Frodo (human) - blah
Sam (human) - Chardish
Pippin (human) - nforcer
Merry (human) - Omeganitros
Arwen (human) – ImEric12/FishFishRevolution
Elrond (human) - Tps
Faramir (human) - Vash
Boromir (human) - talisman
Eowyn (human) – BBQ/Deltro
Gimli (human) – danceguy
Eomer (human) – psychic25

Long game.

Wolves pretty much had it in the bag after wolfing all 3 blues, good job to Afro and Guido.

Afro gets MVP for no one ever suspecting him.

Discuss.

GuidoHunter 08-11-2005 08:35 PM

Many thanks to blah for letting us avoid a KiB on the last day.

Many thanks to eb for giving LD away as the seer.

Many thanks to eb for telling Afro he was the psychic.

Many thanks to Lady Luck for getting the Guardian on the first night.

After that, well, there wasn't much to it. Since I was inactive for the first several days, nobody had anything on me.

EDIT: So the least active person in this game was the most important character of the story? Hah.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

nforcer06164 08-11-2005 08:37 PM

I TOLD YOU.

I TOLD YOU.

I TOLD YOU.

I TOLD YOU.

I TOLD YOU.

Thanks for listening, guys. IT WAS TEH GUIDO!

Never suspected Afro. Ever. Nice job.

And bleh.

flypie743 08-11-2005 08:40 PM

I suspected LD was the seer like on Day 1, so I risked myself (by talking to him about the game a lot) to confirm him as the seer. I then let Kilga and Afro know he was the seer. However, on day 3 because of eb it became obvious that LD was the seer and uh yeah. Somehow we ended up killing Talisman night 2? Lol, I don't recall ever making that decision. I don't think Afro did either. Afro had eb figured out as blue like befre day 1 even started then eb ended up telling him. Hans is a good choice for night 1, anyway and he turned out to be guardian.

Sweet deal.

psychic25 08-11-2005 08:45 PM

Whoa.

I really did not suspect either of the last two, or Kilga. At all.

Sorry, nforcer, for trying to get you lynched all game. And Tps, too.

Oops.

And I guess I'm banned for the next game, huh?

Dang. I won't say I don't deserve it, though, since the rule I broke IS one of the first :P.

talisman 08-11-2005 08:48 PM

yeah why did you guys kill me?

but seriously, afro played a brilliant game I thought, though towards the end he and guido stuck out like sore thumbs to me. People should have asked why omega and others were getting lynched before them.

danceguy, you played well in terms of activity but sucked in terms of being wrong about everything XD. you should get a consolation prize.

GuidoHunter 08-11-2005 08:49 PM

nForcer, I knew that I was putting myself on the line when I went after you. But I had to do something constructive in the game to appear human, and you were the easiest target. After that, I knew I had to lay low so as to not direct everyone to a not-end-of-the-game.

After that, we just had to wait until Deltro (or dAnce or Fish, but whatever)racked two up. Then, the game was ours.

EDIT after talisman: Wolfing a mid-level player worked, because we wouldn't have to worry about you figuring us out and we would still have some big boys around to arouse suspicion.

Just a note, too, the labels of "mid-level" and "top-tier" and the like have little to do with actual skill and more to do with how the other players see you.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

FishFishRevolution 08-11-2005 09:09 PM

Well, Afro, my radar went off when you said "everyone always lynched me" on AIM early on, but I disregaurded that almost instantly. I'm glad my suspicions on Kilga paid off, however insignificant they were.

I'm off to try some jTWG before I play in the big leagues again -.-

Kilgamayan 08-11-2005 09:15 PM

I was inconceivably pissed off when I came back from the Spinners game to see myself dead. 3 of the 4 votes were the most moronic piles of crap I have ever ever EVER seen, and the fact that no one picked up on Chardish coming out of nowhere to toss a vote onto a good player that already has votes on him (really weak ones at that) with three hours to go and with said player nowhere in sight was sickening. He should've raised all sorts of red flags - albeit incorrect ones - when he did that, convo with LD aside.

It was all I could do to make myself look calm before the day closed. I was honestly ready to punch my monitor over how utter stupidity had just kicked me in the balls and spit on me while I lay on the ground.

And it's all I can do to not bypass the swear filter repeatedly as I write this. Even the thought of that night burns.

Forget eb's crusade. At least Tass has good reasons to back up his votes. Ego is ignorable, brainlessness is not.

But we still won, so whatever.

PS: The whole Tps thing was incredibly lol.

evilbutterfly 08-11-2005 09:29 PM

I suspected Afro very early on, but I don't like accusing friends. Chardish never told me he was the person LD seered. That angered me. Oh well. Afro finally won, and as a wolf! YAY FOR CHRIS!!

Btw guys, I think I'ma host next game. You'll see when the host voting starts, but you'll want me to host. ;)

Tasselfoot 08-11-2005 09:59 PM

Let me know if a game with me is possible.... after seeing what happened when I don't play.

2 straight games blues tell reds their role. I would have thought we learned out lesson last game with Omega. I guess not.

Thank you Kilga. Glad you understand where I came from the few times I was ever lynched (every time was a situation like that... I was away when it happened, and votes piled on quickly, etc).

I'll try and play with less ego... but at the same time, I'd hope you all try to play with more brain. :) Fair trade, IMO.

EDIT: for the record, I only read a few pages of this game... page 1 and 16-end. I'll agree that Danceguy was active and shows alot of promise, but just happened to be wrong in every single thing he said. I don't know what nForcer's strategy was that got him killed, didn't read that page.

Talking to Jurs and Guido during the game was fun, considering they both asked me questions about the rules of TWG. I love how that works... I digress. Either way, they both recognize I'm needed to make FFR TWG what it is, which is exactly what I was saying from the start. I hope you all see that after a game without me.

EDIT 2: eb, YOU HAVE THE SMALLEST PAIR OF TESTICLES I'VE EVER SEEN. Jesus christ... "I don't want to attack a friend." DON'T F-ING PLAY TWG IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE WILLING TO ATTACK ANYONE. Anyone can be a wolf, anyone WILL be a wolf... and you have to be willing to vote them. Your actions were a large reason as to why the humans lost.... clearly there were many other reasons, but yours were not so tiny. Grow up or go home. You may not like me because I brag... well, if that is your attitude, then I don't like you either. This is a game to win. Friendship comes second.

Tps222 08-11-2005 10:30 PM

Well, I'm not sure how many times I stressed Afro and Guido every day in every post, no one listens, which is why I took a dive, hoping EB, the pyschic would reveal my humanity, and you would listen to my accusations. O well, it was worth a shot, you lucky wolves.

Dance, I believe I beat you in that bet, know you have to do something for me, does anyone have any suggestions?

ImEric12 08-11-2005 10:46 PM

Sorry TPS D=

evilbutterfly 08-11-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Let me know if a game with me is possible.... after seeing what happened when I don't play.
I knew you'd say that and take it as a proof that you haven't changed at all. And I don't trust my gut. I thought Chris was acting oddly, but I chalked it up to you being gone and that may be he was finally getting better at the game and not being so passive as he usually is. He hadn't played for a while either. Because I was close to him, I knew all the excuses he could've used even if I had accused him, and I defended him in my mind. If I had known he had no excuses, I would have attacked him. Plus, after I told him I was the psychic (and I told him when I was the guardian, and he was a wolf then, too! rofl) I figured it'd be best to act at ease with him. When I got wolfed by him one time, he said he wanted to keep me alive, since I might let him into the circle of humanly trust and he could kill people. I figured the same would hold true this game, so I at least pretended to trust him. Why do you think I was the 3rd blue to die despite being the first one they knew about?

PS: I didn't think I'd give LD away. After all, didn't Chardish post a convo where LD told Chardish to write the PM? I figured LD would have taken precautions in case the PM did get posted. I mean, if he went to all that trouble anyway, why wouldn't he?

Kilgamayan 08-11-2005 11:50 PM

All the public info about LD being or not being the seer was largely irrelevant because flypie figured it out through AIM convos with LD that were never posted.

Afrobean 08-12-2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tass
2 straight games blues tell reds their role. I would have thought we learned out lesson last game with Omega. I guess not.

Ha! The only blue that told their role was eb and I already could tell before day 1 even started. LD was figured out by flypie on day 1 but later it became obvious that LD was the seer based on his PM.

I finally figured something out too. The only people who are allowed to attack people are "top tier" players. Every game where I come out and attack people I get lynched no matter how justified my attack is. This whole "top tier" crap is garbage. I'm surely just as smart, if not smarter, yet I'm not even recognized as a midlevel player. This is bullcrap. Whatever, hopefully this has shown you guys that I'm not retarded.

All it takes to be seen as top tier in this game is the following:
1) Be helpful.
2) Talk to people on AIM.
3) Have basic understanding of game.

That's all there is to it guys. Now next game everyone should be helpful, talk it up on AIM, and (duh) know how to play. Game over everyone is top tier.

PS:
Quote:

Originally Posted by eb
Afro finally won, and as a wolf! YAY FOR CHRIS!!

lol i have more pips than you.

(+1 for this game)

Tasselfoot 08-12-2005 01:14 AM

Afro, more than that... the "top tier" is basically thought of as myself, chardish, blah, alain. And that is about it... why? I'm not sure. I've seen great things from Talisman recently, and Danceguy is on the right track, so long as he can figure out right from wrong...

Again, I didn't read the majority of this game, so I can't really comment on what happened when and why. The one memory I have of Afro in TWG is a huge convo we had together where he wouldn't change his vote off me and I stayed alive from a KiB and got him lynched (correctly) the next day...

Oh yea, back to the top tier stuff.... Chardish is there before he brought the game to FFR and comes up with lots of new ideas. Frankly, I've been a little disappointed with his play when it comes down to it. Alain, Blah, and myself are all there also for new ideas... for being willing to take big risks and coming up with crazy strategies that pay off. THAT is why we're respected (even if y'all don't like me, you have to acknowledge what I've done to bring TWG to what it is now)...

With that, it SHOULDN'T be that only the 4 of us are allowed to accuse people... and I for one make sure not to jump bandwagons based on one persons ideas... generally because I take each person to be an idiot before being smart, thereby making their accusation wrong instead of right, but at the same time harmless... and wait for the one lucky hit to fall and play off of the reactions. Generally it is other not so intelligent players who bandwagon onto stupid reasonings and get people lynched for being unique.... like what happens to TPS most games. Frankly, under the descriptions I stated above, TPS is a top tier player. Although his ideas haven't been groundbreaking, game in and game out he is willing to try new things to help his team win.

I feel like I'm rambling, but I hope I also made my point. And to eb... had TWG18 worked out wonderfully, I would have admitted that things could go well without me. They didn't. Whether that is because I didn't play or not, well... who knows from one game alone. But clearly I'm going to try and position it so that I come off in the best light that I can.

And as I've said to a few people in IMs... if we can't get a game of TWG going here at FFR with me... I'll retire. I'm content to go out at the top.

stretchypanda 08-12-2005 01:24 AM

Afro, TWG is just one of those places where you have to prove yourself before anyone will take you seriously.

But it's definitely to a wolf's advantage if all the players brush her off as an innocuous idiot. ;)

Afrobean 08-12-2005 06:46 AM

Quote:

The one memory I have of Afro in TWG is a huge convo we had together where he wouldn't change his vote off me and I stayed alive from a KiB and got him lynched (correctly) the next day...

That was bullcrap though, because you could have just as easily been a wolf as me yet I got lynched just because you're a power player who can sway votes.

Quote:

Although his ideas haven't been groundbreaking, game in and game out he is willing to try new things to help his team win.

I try new things to try to help my team. Guess what happens. I get lynched. Seriously. If you don't believe me, go back and look at the game I attempted the fake seer on ap when I was human. Totally new idea (albeit poorly executed). I did it because I KNEW FOR SURE that ap was a wolf, but no one believed me. Then ap was like "oh shi guys fake seer he's a wolf even though if he were a wolf he wouldn't go around accusing someone as being a wolf it doesn't matter because if he lied he must be a wolf rite" everyone elsewas like "ya u rite. let's lynch afro because we can't think for ourselves for two seconds and realize afro is legit"

Ranting is fun.

PS@stretchy: That's only beneficial if I'm a wolf. The chances of that are less than 25%. I'd rather be able to do well as a human considering that I'll be that more often.

PPS Someone said that Guido and I stuck out like a "sore thumb." The only people that suspected us were lynched. We were obviously playing this very well and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WOLFY. It's when people say things like that that people get lynched with NO EVIDENCE AT ALL. Jesus Christ... the only player that had any evidence against them this past game was flypie. Everyone else was just like this:

Someone: tps is a wolf
lots of others: oh yea I agree
Someone: kilga is a wolf
Someone: deltro is a wolf

It doesn't matter that they actually got Kilga correctly as there was no evidence.

Ok I see that I'm ranting again. I think I'll just hit submit now.

Tps222 08-12-2005 10:20 AM

I think EB wanted to host the next game....

Wolves played very well, but I felt as the humans played horribly, Dance was main force behind the movement, and no one challenged his word. I'm sick and tired of people not listening to anything I say, then I try to present it in a noticeble fashion(ie pm's, revealing fake MW) to get people to notcie it. but ti doesn't work. WOULD I really take a dive as the MW, after what Chardish did to me in that one game, would I ever reveal myself? In every post-game thread I have stressed how much I want to win evey game, and I will do whatever it takes. This means Team win, so don't you think revealing myself as the MW for no reason is a bit suspicious, you should thought something was going on, and at least NOTICE my suspects, but you all completely blew them off. In the future I will try unique idea's for the team, but remember, their for you, not against you, think the situation completely out beore you lynch me, as I said in IRC last night, I think I have been lynched more then anyone, and ahve only been a wolf 3 times.

So, what's going to with this Tass situation, I feel like the Eagles right now. His ban is over, so does he need to be voted back in, or is he free to play know, he already stated he would try to be less of an ass.

GG everyone