Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   6th Official FFR Tournament - Is over, Congrats to all our winners! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121029)

bmah 11-8-2011 11:00 AM

Re: 6th Official FFR Tournament - Signups are open!

I think you might need to put on the front page in big bolded words: CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

squeesfan 11-8-2011 11:42 AM

Entered. Hoping this one is just as fun as last time, only problem is now my computer is super old and laggy so I probably won't do as well :(

psychoangel691 11-8-2011 11:52 AM

I didn't have the signup link added to the front page post because I wanted it to direct to the thread so that the rules and way things are being done for the tournament were right there. Unfortunately people are still not reading it, but there's even less chance of them reading it if they are directed straight to the signup page. And the signup link is pretty large in the 1st post of this thread.

Emithith 11-8-2011 12:17 PM

Hmm..
Maybe put the link at the bottom of all the text. That way they scroll through the colorful and attractive rules.

edit: that's the FAQ. Oops. lol

xThai 11-8-2011 12:22 PM

im going to get raped so hard in this tournament.

psychoangel691 11-8-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emithith (Post 3564575)
Hmm..
Maybe put the link at the bottom of all the text. That way they scroll through the colorful and attractive rules.

edit: that's the FAQ. Oops. lol

The signup link is also listed in the FAQ, actually it's listed 3 times on the OP.

iironiic 11-8-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3564563)
I didn't have the signup link added to the front page post because I wanted it to direct to the thread so that the rules and way things are being done for the tournament were right there. Unfortunately people are still not reading it, but there's even less chance of them reading it if they are directed straight to the signup page. And the signup link is pretty large in the 1st post of this thread.

Would it be easier if the rules are listed on the sign up page? That way people can read through the rules and sign up on the same page. Maybe we could link them to this thread on that same page as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xThai (Post 3564578)
im going to get raped so hard in this tournament.

Oh god, not you again.

xThai 11-8-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iironiic (Post 3564583)
Oh god, not you again.

oh... thats kinda rude. :<

justin_ator 11-8-2011 12:51 PM

Kayla, link this from the banner rather than the thread itself, that'll help quell the issue of not seeing the OP.

psychoangel691 11-8-2011 12:53 PM

The 1st page is still what you see when you click the banner. No matter what for someone who's not a forum goer it can be confusing. I don't mind answering people so really it's no big deal. Plus at this point we have 4 days before they close.

justin_ator 11-8-2011 01:02 PM

The link I gave was to the specific post. The issue (we think) is the fact that when you register, forum default shows the first page (the page that comes up when you follow that link) as the most recent posts in the thread, not the original first post to start the thread. Because of that, unless newer members have specifically changed their settings to reverse that, page 1 does not show your entry rules, they'd have to go to the end of the thread to find it. Not everyone is that bright. Linking straight to the post itself would probably fix most of that problem.

Either way, it's ultimately up to you. Just tryin to help, hope I didn't offend you or anything. I'm not bashing on your intelligence or how you want to do things lol. I actually commend you for taking this on >.>

psychoangel691 11-8-2011 01:11 PM

Forgot about that, it doesn't do that if you're not logged in though, it goes to the 1st post. I don't even understand the thinking behind having it that way, I remember when I was new that made everything 100x more confusing x.x

justin_ator 11-8-2011 01:19 PM

Yeah, and I couldn't figure out how to change it for the longest time rofl

MarioNintendo 11-8-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3564605)
Forgot about that, it doesn't do that if you're not logged in though, it goes to the 1st post. I don't even understand the thinking behind having it that way, I remember when I was new that made everything 100x more confusing x.x

Hey, back when I joined, I thought I accidentally touched some button by accident, which made the forums reverse... So this is the default layout after all? Wow, somebody should def change this if still possible! :shock:

justin_ator 11-8-2011 01:41 PM

ROFL

point proven I think

GO TO THE OTHER END OF THE THREAD FOR RULES AND INFO REGARDING THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT :)

iironiic 11-8-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xThai (Post 3564588)
oh... thats kinda rude. :<

Take that as a compliment ;) You're going to destroy D6 hahaha

Emithith 11-8-2011 02:07 PM

Just link it as justin said. Easiest fix.

psychoangel691 11-8-2011 02:09 PM

I can't just link it I don't have front page access. I'd have to get velocity or someone to do it.

justin_ator 11-8-2011 02:11 PM

I know, I realized after I said that haha. Sorry >.<

psychoangel691 11-8-2011 02:12 PM

Altho if I have him do that then people aren't going to know how to just view the thread in general. (new people I mean)