Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Is anyone else here fueled by human affection? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149536)

QueenAshy 08-12-2018 11:48 PM

Is anyone else here fueled by human affection?

I don't know why, but human affection to me is like an instant health increase.

I could be having the worst day of my life, I could've failed my math test, broke my leg, get punched by my best friend, and still crack a smile when one of my friends gives me a hug.

tbh, I like platonic cuddling, which, for some reason, tends to scare people off. Real talk tho, I don't think it's that weird, it's just fulfilling a basic human need for affection. It's not like it's sexual or anything, it's just kinda fun and relaxing to do sometimes.

I also feel very weird when I don't get physical affection for a while, it makes me feel very depressed, and it makes me wanna cuddle someone in my bed. I used to have a body pillow, and that kinda helped, but it's just not the same as another human being lying down next to me.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Ghost_Medley 08-13-2018 03:07 PM

Re: Is anyone else here fueled by human affection?

An actually interesting topic to talk about.

I'm pretty sure it's an effect of touch-deprivation, which I experience. Physical contact is vital for the proper development and emotional nutrition for humans, and a lack thereof results in depression, anxiety, and other negative mental and emotional symptoms.

Basically, we're all fueled partly by affection and physical contact, but people who receive the proper nutrition during early development are less dependent on it later on.

Also couldn't this possibly be moved to critical thinking instead?

Mahou 08-13-2018 03:08 PM

No.

I don’t rely on others to make me happy. At the end of the day, you make the choice

komochii 08-13-2018 03:40 PM

I personally don't gain any joy out of affection or have any desire for it, in a physical sense at least. I desire more to feel like me and the other person care about each other and to have like, enjoyable conversations.

Like yes cuddles are nice, but it's the context behind them that would make it enjoyable for me, not the act of it.

QueenAshy 08-13-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley (Post 4640738)
An actually interesting topic to talk about.

I'm pretty sure it's an effect of touch-deprivation, which I experience. Physical contact is vital for the proper development and emotional nutrition for humans, and a lack thereof results in depression, anxiety, and other negative mental and emotional symptoms.

Basically, we're all fueled partly by affection and physical contact, but people who receive the proper nutrition during early development are less dependent on it later on.

Also couldn't this possibly be moved to critical thinking instead?

Yeah, touch deprivation definitely sucks.

That’s why I hated living at my dad’s house so much. Now, I can maybe find an SO and get the human contact I need.

SpaceGorilla 08-13-2018 04:12 PM

are you a real person

QueenAshy 08-13-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGorilla (Post 4640756)
are you a real person

No, I’m an otherkin

choof 08-13-2018 04:25 PM

affection actually makes me feel completely worthless

Charu 08-13-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGorilla (Post 4640756)
are you a real person

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenAshy (Post 4640761)
No, I’m an otherkin

Destroyed

SKG_Scintill 08-13-2018 04:36 PM

smells like an attention whore

QueenAshy 08-13-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4640767)
smells like an attention whore

I’m not tho

Ghost_Medley 08-14-2018 09:35 AM

So ignoring the jokes, the effects can be wildly different from person to person, like how Choof stated that he hates physical affection. Plus, their development at an early age can be a major factor in why Mahou doesn't feel a major need for physical contact as well as Komochii.

Quote:

Originally Posted by komochii (Post 4640743)
Like yes cuddles are nice, but it's the context behind them that would make it enjoyable for me, not the act of it.

But personally I am satisfied by both the context and act of physical affection while it could be one or the other that other people enjoy.

QueenAshy 08-14-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley (Post 4641000)
So ignoring the jokes, the effects can be wildly different from person to person, like how Choof stated that he hates physical affection. Plus, their development at an early age can be a major factor in why Mahou doesn't feel a major need for physical contact as well as Komochii.

But personally I am satisfied by both the context and act of physical affection while it could be one or the other that other people enjoy.

That is actually a very good hypothesis. I've gotta look more into this sort of thing.