Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Should guests be banned or limited to some places? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=38944)

Xoroxered 02-15-2006 03:05 PM

Should guests be banned or limited to some places?

Guests are kinda annoying IMO. They spam everywhere and just bug you in games. A lot of them don't make accounts because they're worried that they'll get banned (which makes no sense, but usually for spamming/pointless posting etc. IMO)

For example, about 3 times I've been in a multiplayer game, when this has happened;

Song - Get Down

You start playing a song, then all of a sudden, a guest appears and floods the game, laughs/insults and then leaves..

(I'll get pics when my comp starts behaving)

I know that's why there's a guest option, how many people you'll allow to watch, but I still think there should be limitations..

But I know it wouldn't be possible, because with all the work needed on the other games, it'd be too perplexed.

So, I'm annoyed (as ye can tell, I'm typing), but if there could be, should there be limitations?

Afrobean 02-15-2006 03:45 PM

Re: Should guests be banned or limited to some places?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xoroxered
I still think there should be limitations..

There are substantial limitations.

Password protected games and limiting the number of people allowed in the game.

Anything more than that is truly unecessary. If someone spams your game, it's no one's fault but your own.

talisman 02-15-2006 03:46 PM

RE: Re: Should guests be banned or limited to some places?

boot and ban privileges for game hosts would be nice.

DDRFREAK500 02-16-2006 02:33 PM

Oh, gosh... Guests are very anoying in Multiplayer.

laughsitup2005 02-16-2006 09:29 PM

Well, I really do not want so say specifically to get rid of guests or something because if you happen to lose your account and you have no other option but to play as a guest, then you are just screwing yourself. I agreee on the guest stupidity though. The boot/ban or at least a mute option would be the best bet.

Spider_Bacon 02-19-2006 01:03 PM

I think we should just let them play by themselves, which means that they are not allowed in multiplayer and all of them other places that guests are allowed in. Especially multiplay because when a guest goes in M.P. they will mostlikeyly star to spam and after about 30 seconds of spamming my computer goes nuts. And that keeps me from playing multiplayer. That makes me so mad that I bash my head into a wall. :evil:

FluorescentArmy 02-19-2006 03:27 PM

Adam, it's because you never clean your cookies, cache, or defrag and you probably have like 1400 infections of spyware like Dad's account did. Fix that and it MIGHT not lag. Hehe, I love my laptop and its nonlaggyness.

I hate guests in the MP chatroom. I remember this one time I went in there and this guy was screaming:

FETUS IN YOUR MOUTH.

He did it about 02983570293875209358703298572093857 times and it gets really annoying. Guests shouldn't be allowed to go into multiplayer.

JONES 02-19-2006 04:20 PM

Mp chat has bans, only they last like 15 minutes.

Just set the game room option to 0 viewers. and no guests can spam your room, or any one else for that matter.

But we should wate to see, what 3rd style will bring us.

DDRFREAK500 02-19-2006 06:34 PM

And guest 2885 kept saying:

Sex.

That really annoyed me.

IAAW 02-19-2006 10:52 PM

Dr. IAAW says:

"It would be a VERY good thing if guests were not allowed in MP, or if peeps who make rooms have the ability to remove or ban anyone in the room."

Philadelphia_Joker 02-19-2006 11:28 PM

I don't understand why there is so many guests.. this game is total free and addictive..make an account -_- and try to improve yourself by beating your highscores. nvm they should be ban from MP. Most of them are annoying..

JONES 02-23-2006 12:33 AM

Or they could set a mode that will keep guests out of your room, but let in registered users.

Put it in the options for when you create the game. Just a thought.

Pumble 02-23-2006 09:28 AM

Guests shouldn't be allowed in multiplayer, period. If they care enough to want to go in, they can take five minutes out of their life to make an account.

SqNtz_xoombotvx 02-23-2006 09:38 AM

Guests are fine the way they are. They don't mess up your game.

staroceanfreakx 02-24-2006 11:26 AM

Umm...have you never been in a room where they spam the crap out of you and give you crazy lag? Even if you do set it to no spectators, they still spam the lobby and you can't see what people are trying to tell you.

Tps222 02-24-2006 12:33 PM

Just wait for 3rd style....

JimmyN22 02-24-2006 03:51 PM

I cant see why anyone would be a guest. just make an account.

indices 02-24-2006 04:09 PM

Actually if you implement a kicking option for annoying guests, hosts may just abuse that priviledge and boot people who beat them, random people for random reasons, and it gets annoying

Shashakiro 02-24-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indices
Actually if you implement a kicking option for annoying guests, hosts may just abuse that priviledge and boot people who beat them, random people for random reasons, and it gets annoying

People can already effectively do that by leaving and making another room.

locomotion 02-24-2006 08:22 PM

Guest in my opinion take too much space up on the multiplayer chat then it gets all crammed in. Mostly i think we shouldn't have guest usually they spam alot.

--Lo--