Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   2.B.A. Mastah Tourney :o) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123594)

Evascythe 05-7-2012 06:39 PM

Re: 2.B.A. Mastah Tourney :o)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobogoobo (Post 3688928)
Hmm, kinda lonely now here in D1.

The tourney organizers realized that pika and I are too awesome for D1. :( :3

pikakirby123 05-7-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobogoobo (Post 3688928)
Hmm, kinda lonely now here in D1.

Eva and I could come back if OWA let us... :p Lol jk, D2's gonna be fun.

8 Hour Whore 05-7-2012 06:41 PM

I want lvl 8 ^.^
I'll get the others later just knew that Anti-Pa was easy so I went for it ^.^

igotrhythm 05-7-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikakirby123 (Post 3688916)
I'm guessing it's actually 1169 but it's bad quality. You could add up the raw to check.

This. I was going to suggest adding up the step counts, but that works too. Taking the same approach I did with getting Starman helped a lot!

(I thought everyone played FFR with the picture quality on low...?)

Evascythe 05-7-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikakirby123 (Post 3688933)
D2's gonna be fun.

Except for the Dokudenpa and Balloon Fever requirements, yeah... :p

wildfireskunk 05-7-2012 06:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Imma catch me some pokemans!

Caught me one of those D6 Pikachu too because I'M TTLY GONNA BE A POKEMON MASTAH!

(Blaze is the Tricky or above requirement, although I suppose Vertex Beta covers that as well)

hi19hi19 05-7-2012 06:48 PM

pogeymans

gotta catch em allllllllllllllllllllllllll

igotrhythm 05-7-2012 06:49 PM

If this was my tournament, I'd go ahead and say that that D6 pikachu of yours happens to have a Light Ball, or if we can't use mechanics from post RBY, really damn good dynamic values. /twocents

Edit: Shiny works. Go to extra effort to get something with no competitive impact.

Edit 2: Alloyus, at this stage of the game it is. There's a higher concentration of them later on.

wildfireskunk 05-7-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3688942)
If this was my tournament, I'd go ahead and say that that D6 pikachu of yours happens to have a Light Ball, or if we can't use mechanics from post RBY, really damn good dynamic values.

Just having surf would make me ecstatic. I'd steal squirtles sunglasses and have the coolest pikachu in the land!

EDIT - Or shiny.

alloyus 05-7-2012 06:57 PM

I thought Pikachu was always rare in R/B

Choofers 05-7-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alloyus (Post 3688944)
I thought Pikachu was always rare in R/B

Not that rare, it could be caught as early as Viridian Forest and it appeared like 5-10% of the time. And it was pretty common in Power Plant, iirc.

pikakirby123 05-7-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evascythe (Post 3688938)
Except for the Dokudenpa and Balloon Fever requirements, yeah... :p

Lmao yeah, that Dokudenpa one is insane... Balloon Fever I think I can manage with a bit of practice, and Midnight is just waiting to be AAA'd, I just go ragebaited by a jump good right at the end so I'm boycotting it for a bit or else I'll go crazy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3688937)
This. I was going to suggest adding up the step counts, but that works too. Taking the same approach I did with getting Starman helped a lot!

(I thought everyone played FFR with the picture quality on low...?)

I know I do, but this picture in particular seems really hard to see the numbers on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfireskunk (Post 3688939)
Imma catch me some pokemans!

Caught me one of those D6 Pikachu too because I'M TTLY GONNA BE A POKEMON MASTAH!

(Blaze is the Tricky or above requirement, although I suppose Vertex Beta covers that as well)

Dude... Get in D3. Now.

Bobogoobo 05-7-2012 07:09 PM

I play on high quality, it doesn't make it lag at all still and it's kind of distracting when the arrows look so crappy.

igotrhythm 05-7-2012 07:10 PM

"Midnight is waiting to be AAAed"

If you're talking about the skill token from kicking Rose's ass, good luck...I still have 2 on that.

pikakirby123 05-7-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3688956)
"Midnight is waiting to be AAAed"

If you're talking about the skill token from kicking Rose's ass, good luck...I still have 2 on that.

Sorry, forgot that there's a VC called Midnight. Midnight of the North. :p

Jerry DB 05-7-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobogoobo (Post 3688954)
it's kind of distracting when the arrows look so crappy.

I feel the same way but hq literally lags so bad I would'nt be able to aaa a level 3 :-( it is amazing the difference it makes to play on low quality on my computer haha it's nearly perfect except the occasional lag but it just kind of blurs after awhile

wildfireskunk 05-7-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikakirby123 (Post 3688950)
Dude... Get in D3. Now.

Imma pass on that thanks XD I'm rubbish on most things above a 9, but if a chart is made for indexable play... >:3

reuben_tate 05-7-2012 07:41 PM

D4 – BF or better Dot Matrix Hero
done

D4 – BF or better The Games We Played Part 3
not happening, can't get good scores on grace note songs with a shit ton of bpm changes :/

D4 – Pass Vertex Beta with more goods+averages than perfects
thank god for the "+averages" lol I had to screencut in order to get this one >.<

D4 – 5g or better Hajnal (99875 raw score or better)
doable if I whore. I've had 3-0-0-0 until the last burst/roll of the song before...

D4 – FC an FGO
like I'll ever do that, lmfao

D4 - Pass any song at least Very Easy in difficulty with more misses than averages, more averages than goods, and more goods than perfects
this took more retries than it should have

wildfireskunk 05-7-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3688978)
D4 – Pass Vertex Beta with more goods+averages than perfects
thank god for the "+averages" lol I had to screencut in order to get this one >.<

A really good tip for this, is to hit late rather than early. You're hitting early which is much harder. If you hit after the arrows scroll past the targets not only do you get more time to read the screen, but you can't get averages. I find that makes it much easier to keep a stream of greats going.

EDIT - Haha, saw you played with offset on. Turn that shit off and do it like a pr0 with the above method! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 3688978)
D4 – FC an FGO
like I'll ever do that, lmfao

Mash LOLO :p

reuben_tate 05-7-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfireskunk (Post 3688987)
A really good tip for this, is to hit late rather than early. You're hitting early which is much harder. If you hit after the arrows scroll past the targets not only do you get more time to read the screen, but you can't get averages. I find that makes it much easier to keep a stream of greats going.

EDIT - Haha, saw you played with offset on. Turn that shit off and do it like a pr0 with the above method! :D

Mash LOLO :p

Lol, I already completed the requirement, so I'm not going to bother trying to "improve" on it, lol. Basically, if I can see the receptors, I'm going to naturally hit perfects, so I had to screencut, set an offset, and hit to the beat of the music.

As for mashing lolo for the fc, I did about a month ago to get it out of my levelranks (and it actually took over 100 tries, combo-scoring just DOES NOT LIKE ME.) However, I wouldn't count it as my first FGO FC since it's mashed, and the requirement for the tourney is a little specific so mashing lolo isn't even an option xP