Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1 hand playstyle (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=154511)

awesomebox 10-12-2023 03:39 PM

1 hand playstyle

i know about the standard playstyle where you pick 2 keys for each hand then play with index and middle fingers (like i use qslp for mine) and index where its just 2 fingers on the arrows. is there a standard playstyle for one hand im having some fun with one hand using right,4,5,6 but what are some usual keybinds for one hand?

XCV 10-12-2023 04:11 PM

Re: 1 hand playstyle

The arrow keys/WASD?

flashflash account 10-12-2023 04:52 PM

I use QWER

Oubliette 10-12-2023 05:53 PM

Funnily enough, I actually first played keyboard rhythm games one-handed (mutual of a friend introduced StepMania to us back in the day, and was playing stuff one handed on laptop arrow keys). Basically the equivalent of that is WASD, but on arrow keys in that shape. It is a bit odd, just using index / middle / ring finger across those three columns. You could play some older / easier stuff this way, but it was pretty limiting for certain patterns.

I've seen some more modern approaches to one handed which make use of the thumb, so like Space Bar on thumb and three other letter keys that you can comfortable hit with your index / middle / ring fingers.

icontrolyourworld 10-14-2023 09:25 AM

try out flipping your spacebar upside down, and then use that and nm,
this gets your hand nice and center on that spacebar and hopefully the flipped spacebar will reduce thumb pain from hitting that edge

idk if ffr allows binding spacebar, but it is my fav for 1 hand, so i still recommend it if you can :D

Wayward Vagabond 10-14-2023 02:28 PM

Where's bynary fission to answer this question

Zeta64 10-30-2023 09:17 AM

I've been using 089+ (numpad) for one-hand. It's extremely natural and feels the best out of all one-hand setups I've tried. If you don't have a numpad on your keyboard, I'd recommend finding a similar setup.

Not sure what the opinions are on using your thumb as the left arrow column though.

SK8R43 10-30-2023 02:30 PM

When i played one handed competing against Bynary Fission we both played using the arrow keys. I think it is the most comfortable but i guess it depends on your keyboard and setup really.

lopansuperman 10-30-2023 06:44 PM

Hey, lopansuperman here. Not so famous 1-handed keysmasher here. I play with specifically arrow keys by placing my thumb on the left key, my pointer finger on the down key, my middle finger on the up key, and my ring finger on the right key. This might be uncomfortable, but you'll get used to it. You don't need to use this and it might not be a good playstyle compared to the others, but at least it's one.

Happy fiffering.

Bynary Fission 11-1-2023 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4792438)
Where's bynary fission to answer this question

yo

So the general style for playing one-handed is with three fingers (index, middle, ring). I started out with the arrow keys, but I later changed my key bindings to the numpad when I found that I was able to register hands and quads properly on them, and the keys played smoother as well. Your mileage will vary, but you will want to test out different configurations to see what works best.

jenkem_ 11-2-2023 02:59 PM

NOW HOLD ON, what is that other hand doing?

awesomebox 11-2-2023 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenkem_ (Post 4792684)
NOW HOLD ON, what is that other hand doing?

wouldn't you like to know weather boy

Nailson 01-10-2024 05:53 AM

I can currently do it only with one hand. I use arrow keys, but sometimes it's inconvenient when you need to press up and down simultaneously. Tried switching to SCKL, but my brain refuses to understand when to press which. Probably need more practice.

SK8R43 01-10-2024 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailson (Post 4793315)
I can currently do it only with one hand. I use arrow keys, but sometimes it's inconvenient when you need to press up and down simultaneously. Tried switching to SCKL, but my brain refuses to understand when to press which. Probably need more practice.

To hit Up and Down at the same time just straighten your middle finger and press them both down. :)