Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   the ecig struggle (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=136957)

iCeCuBEz v2 05-14-2014 08:11 AM

the ecig struggle

seriously ive been pulling out my hair all morning.

i love ecigs and i barely smoke cigs anymore. i prefer ecigs.

lately though it has been giving me such a grotesque taste and i dont understand why. i put pina colada flavored liquid and it tastes like absolute disgusting burnt garbage. it didnt always taste this way and my tank and atomizer are fairly new. ive cleaned all three components of my set extensively (at least i think) but still no luck. one hypothesis i have is that the coil is burnt but how would it burn out that fast? also, how do i know it is burnt?

basically im calling out to all fellow vapers and asking for all the pointers i can get so i never ever run into this problem again. all the input you can contribute would be greatly appreciated. ill even bribe you with the feeble amount of credits i have.

seriously this has been horribly agonizing. the worst part is buying some cigs wont help because im fiending glorious delicious puffs of awesomeness. cigs dont provide that. please help!

ps this took forever to type out on xbox internet explorer lol

Vendetta21 05-14-2014 08:20 AM

Re: the ecig struggle

Solutions from easiest to hardest
1. New wick
2. New atomizer
3. New tank

iCeCuBEz v2 05-14-2014 08:30 AM

is the wick the coil?

theres no way its the atomizer i just got it like last week. im sketched out about my tank so maybe ill just do that.

any suggestions for a balance between affordability and quality? i get a good paycheck tomorrow so i can splurge. i just dont want to purchase something ridiculously high tech that serves no additional functional purpose to me.

rushyrulz 05-14-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iCeCuBEz v2 (Post 4135093)
My tank and atomizer are fairly new.

Electronic cigarette components don’t necessarily have to be old or overused to produce a fowl taste. In fact, often times, what you’re tasting are are manufacturing and machining residues on brand new atomizers or cartomizers. These include machine oil, coatings, traces of adhesives and coatings on the silica fibers of the wick. Sometimes e-cig consumables contain too much of these things and the e-liquid absorbs them giving you a nasty aftertaste. The best and safest way to get rid of it without damaging your unit is to burn through the residues by using the e-cigarette without inhaling. Just puff on it a few times and you’ll notice the bad taste begins to go away. There are other ways of removing the unwanted chemical stuff on your cartridges, if you’re not comfortable using them in their current condition. You can clear away the excess primer by blowing air from the top and bottom ends of the cartomizer, rinsing with alcohol and blowing again. It’s a very effective method, and beats soaking the parts in water or strong solvents that can affect their performance. - See more at: http://vaperanks.com/my-e-cigarette-....KPos3akS.dpuf

Transplant from ^

iCeCuBEz v2 05-14-2014 08:46 AM

i clicked on the first google link too

i said in my post that it didnt always taste that way so the manufacturing materials would have already been burnt off

Cavernio 05-14-2014 09:05 AM

tasting and inhaling chemical residues sounds pretty unhealthy

iCeCuBEz v2 05-14-2014 09:08 AM

:mrgreen:

that was my face when reading that cept i was not smiling

Wafles 05-14-2014 10:08 AM

Change your wicks once a week.

I use an iClear 30s and some peppermint liquid, I find that once it gets fairly brown the taste goes to absolute shit and cleaning it all out and giving it a new wick solves the issue (though the new wicks take a few minutes to break in too)

ecigs are a pain in the ass sometimes

iCeCuBEz v2 05-14-2014 10:13 AM

oh mines completely black..............

oops

i didnt realize tanks and coils can be purchased separately

cedolad 05-14-2014 10:13 AM

What kind of tank do you have?

Also the iClear 30S was an awesome tank

cedolad 05-14-2014 10:14 AM

Also if you're looking for a new tank, the iClears are a nice cheap buy that are pretty good. If you're in the 20-30 range I suggest ProTank III, Kanger makes some damn good tanks.

iCeCuBEz v2 05-14-2014 10:15 AM

smok t dux 2.0

Izzy 05-14-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavernio (Post 4135113)
tasting and inhaling chemical residues sounds pretty unhealthy

Some people like that kind of thing. The best you can do is worry about your own body and let people do what they want with theirs. :idea:

cedolad 05-14-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4135154)
There's a way to make your own wicks as well, but I'm not sure of the process. Might be cheaper in the long run.

If you're talking about the cotton wicks with the metal wire coiled around it, you would need a rebuildable tank. Which I think Smok doesn't even make.

If you're thinking about getting a rebuildable, I would suggest the Kayfun. You can knock offs that work just as well for like $40-50. Or you can spend $100+ for the legit ones.

Just buy a new coil bro.

Arntonach 05-14-2014 11:55 AM

I swear this is worse that regular cigarettes just fucking "wean off of them" like you said you would when e-cigs became popular, stop smoking your pina coladas and drink them.

cedolad 05-14-2014 12:01 PM

How is smoking an ecig worse than a normal cigarette? At least you're not dumping as many harmful carcinogens into your body. At least with ecigs you can choose how much nicotine concentrate you want. With most liquids now-a-days weaning off is a lot easier since the percentages varies by 0.3%.

And I will not stop smoking Pluto and gaze upon it.

Cavernio 05-14-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 4135146)
Some people like that kind of thing. The best you can do is worry about your own body and let people do what they want with theirs. :idea:

of course. I'd just never thought or heard about the fact that ecigs have fumes and crap in them. We're all probably getting more shit in our bodies from our electronics than what someone gets in an ecig.

rushyrulz 05-14-2014 01:14 PM

You need to do some serious introspection if you're against ecigs.

Cavernio 05-14-2014 01:17 PM

Nicotine would probably help me a ton