Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Perfect World (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=109583)

All_That_Chaz 06-13-2009 12:07 PM

Perfect World

Does anybody play it? I started a few days ago after seeing some coverage on it at E3 and I'm pretty hooked. Once I get to a decent level (or if there are enough high level players out there) I wouldn't mind having a FFR faction. EDIT: Oh yeah, I play on the PvE server Dreamweaver.

For those who don't know it's a free mmo that plays like wow. It has arguably better graphics than wow. You have more options available to customize the look of your character, but less in deciding race and class. There are three races and you choose one of two classes that are unique to each race.

Human:
Blademaster - Can tank, can deal damage, others do it better, I chose it for a well-rounded character that could solo decently.
Wizard - Damage dealer

Flying Elf:
Archer - damage dealer
Cleric - Dur healer, can also deal some magic damage

Untamed (they can transform into animals for various bonuses):
Barbarian - Tank, must be male
Venomancer - damage dealer, uses pets (some of which are great tanks), best soloing class, must be female

Because I'm not advertising the game, you can look up a link on your own to find the download. It's not hard.

BigBoss37 06-13-2009 12:20 PM

Re: Perfect World

I downloaded it about a month ago and couldn't get into it, I might give it another go someday. :/

cedolad 06-13-2009 12:24 PM

I play it, haven't played it in awhile. Yeah lets make an FFR faction Chaz.

All_That_Chaz 06-13-2009 12:32 PM

I don't want to start one until we have at least a couple people at lvl40 or higher so we can help people with their FBs. I'm a lvl22 BM right now so I have a ways to go. Also in my second day I was recruited into a faction (apparently a noob who's never played an mmo before getting to lvl19 in two days is some sort of prodigy =/) and I want to use their help to get me up to 40 or so before I abandon them for FFR =p.

cedolad 06-13-2009 12:34 PM

Then I should start playing a hella lot more, I'm only at like, level 6 lol.

macgravel 06-13-2009 01:40 PM

I've had this MMO sitting on my desktop for months now and I still haven't played it.

GG_Guru 06-13-2009 01:54 PM

Yeah, this game gets boring after a while...The farthest I've gone was FB-39. I still log on once in a while to check out whats new.

WTFBrandon 06-13-2009 02:28 PM

Wait for Aion like the rest of us. ;]

wargasm1 06-13-2009 03:46 PM

I was the first to reach level 90 on PWI as Wargasm, a lv 90 barbarian in Heaven's Tear server. Sold the account and it got banned hehe :P

honestly if you guys need tips or just wanna talk about pw just post on my wall :P

edit : making an ffr faction on a private server other than pwi would have more impact and would be funner.

kommisar[os] 06-13-2009 04:16 PM

im waitin for aion as well. played this for a few weeks and quit at lvl 13.

it's fun and all, but lacks replay value/addictiveness

Reach 06-13-2009 06:36 PM

I made a thread for this game a long time ago. It is a pretty good game.

Yeah I've gotten to like level 110, because I'm awesome like that. Archer was by far my favorite class, though blademasters aren't half bad either.

All_That_Chaz 06-13-2009 09:42 PM

Sorry I looked briefly for another thread but since the search function couldn't search for phrases that made it difficult. What is this Aion y'all keep referring to?

devonin 06-13-2009 09:47 PM

Just come play WoW

meno_rocks123 06-13-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 3105265)
Sorry I looked briefly for another thread but since the search function couldn't search for phrases that made it difficult. What is this Aion y'all keep referring to?

http://www.aiononline.com/us/
****ing amazing game. I got in on the CB test last weekend and I honestly don't care how much this game costs to play (within reason), I'll pay it.

All_That_Chaz 06-14-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3105276)
Just come play WoW

I'm not paying $15/mo. to play ANY game. I will NEVER play any game that costs me something after I leave the store. It goes against every fabric of my being.

Squeek 06-14-2009 05:07 AM

How about $13 a month? That's what I pay =p

I thought the same thing about paying for games after buying them as you, but WoW just has so much more to offer than any of these damn free MMOs. They're free for a reason.

tofurox 06-14-2009 05:14 AM

I played, and got bordidididididdd.

Coolboyrulez0 06-14-2009 05:21 AM

Gave up at level 15 of the taiwan (i think) version a few months ago. (before there was the international version)

Pretty boring :/

All_That_Chaz 06-14-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3105568)
WoW just has so much more to offer than any of these damn free MMOs.

Like what? I've only played WoW at a friend's house where I quickly got to lvl9 or so but the formula seemed exactly the same to me.

And honestly, even if you're right, I'm getting way more than I paid for. Maybe it's because I'm new to MMOs but I'm satisfied with this gaming experience.

Reach 06-14-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 3105666)
Like what? I've only played WoW at a friend's house where I quickly got to lvl9 or so but the formula seemed exactly the same to me.

And honestly, even if you're right, I'm getting way more than I paid for. Maybe it's because I'm new to MMOs but I'm satisfied with this gaming experience.

This is a good game, and in reality while WoW does have more to offer, it's the same crap, and you'll get bored of that too eventually.

Aion looks pretty interesting though, I must say.