Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Least favorite movie of all time? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122173)

Reincarnate 01-17-2012 03:11 PM

Least favorite movie of all time?

And I don't mean "so bad it's good."

I mean movies you genuinely hate and would refuse to watch again under any circumstances. What would you choose and why?

Jerry DB 01-17-2012 03:12 PM

Re: Least favorite movie of all time?

juno hands down

If you are a guy no explanation

Reincarnate 01-17-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3617908)
and why?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thread's not as interesting without the why

Sephiroth28 01-17-2012 03:15 PM

The Ladykillers. I love Tom Hanks as an actor but this movie was just horrendous. Terrible acting and ridiculous death scenes. Also for a comedy it wasn't really funny at all.

Reincarnate 01-17-2012 03:15 PM

Son of a bitch you guys

PrawnSkunk 01-17-2012 03:43 PM

The Room. omfgso****ingbad.

yo man im awesome 01-17-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 3617933)
The Room. omfgso****ingbad.

ROFL I love the room solely for its brutally horrible acting. Could watch it all day!

Reincarnate 01-17-2012 04:08 PM

The Matrix: Revolutions:

The first Matrix is one of my favorite movies of all time, but the third movie in the franchise is a massive bomb and I refuse to ever watch it again. To me, it's a slap in the face from the Wachowski Brothers. They went from what worked (awesome philosophical questions + technological underpinnings) to lame cop-outs (religious non-explanations and plot-dodging).

Many HUGE questions were left hanging in the end. What, exactly, is Mobil Ave? How was Neo able to stop the Sentinels despite being outside of the Matrix? How in the blue hell did Cipher sneak into the Matrix without an operator to jack him in? These aren't just nitpicky fanboy questions... they're massive, plot-raping conundrums that seriously weaken the narrative.

Neo stopping the sentinels was a huge plot twist. There were so many ways it could have been resolved. The answer to the riddle, as stated by the Oracle, was basically "The One has powers outside the Matrix." Not even joking. The answer to the riddle was "Because he's the One." Total game-breaker. I was furious at how lazy that resolution was because it weakens the entire CONCEPT of the Matrix in the first place. So, what, is this no longer about the real world being dominated by robots and simulations anymore? Are we invoking supernatural influence? Is this a Matrix within a Matrix? None of it's answered. Characters are wasted and explanations are withheld. Emotional scenes fell flat. I remember everyone laughing during Trinity's death scene because it was so poorly acted and so cheesy. I wanted more elaboration on the backstory. There were many vague quotes thrown around hinting at histories that were never fleshed out (why is Seraph likened to Judas? What happened in the past between Seraph and Smith?).

And wtf was up with that final battle? It felt like a DBZ ripoff. I wanted intense martial arts, not CGI-riddled superhuman city-blasting. So much potential down the drain.

All in all, it was a shitty ending to a great buildup. The next time I would feel similar disappointment wouldn't come until the LOST finale, but that's another story.

UserNameGoesHere 01-17-2012 05:30 PM

Loved the first Matrix movie.
The second Matrix movie was so bad there was no possible way they could have redeemed it so I never bothered to watch the third (and I've only ever heard it's worse than the second).

Though I'd say both the second and third (though I haven't seen it) Matrix movies would not be "worst movie of all time", bad as they are.

The worst movie is probably some straight-to-video sequel of some movie and/or one of those "BlahBlah Movie" movies (where it actually has "Movie" in the name of the movie). They try to be comedy and they just fail hard.

Spenner 01-17-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere (Post 3618034)
The worst movie is probably some straight-to-video sequel of some movie and/or one of those "BlahBlah Movie" movies (where it actually has "Movie" in the name of the movie). They try to be comedy and they just fail hard.

Real specific!!!

I'll edit this post when I can pinpoint one above all. There are many in mind...

Reincarnate 01-17-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere (Post 3618034)
Loved the first Matrix movie.
The second Matrix movie was so bad there was no possible way they could have redeemed it so I never bothered to watch the third (and I've only ever heard it's worse than the second).

Though I'd say both the second and third (though I haven't seen it) Matrix movies would not be "worst movie of all time", bad as they are.

~Zeta~ 01-17-2012 06:17 PM

eragon. had room to be decent but somehow, it got ****ed up into a shitty movie that didn't follow the book or even have a structured storyline.

rushyrulz 01-17-2012 06:51 PM

The Man in the Iron Mask. The storyline was stupid, the plot was slow as hell, I couldn't care less about the subject matter.

UnkownMan 01-17-2012 06:58 PM

Hostel. Terrible acting, piss-poor plot, and completely ridiculous events. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that doesn't happen when you cut someone's eye out. I know there's supposed to be the factor of "suspension of disbelief", but it was completely gone the minute the main character stepped onto the screen.

Go_Oilers_Go 01-17-2012 07:11 PM

Burn After Reading.

By the end of that movie I was asking myself what I just watched. It made no sense at all; the plot was just all over the place.

rayword45 01-17-2012 07:18 PM

Justin Bieber's Never Say Never for obvious reasons. And then The Last Airbender for its piss-poor dialogue and acting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnkownMan (Post 3618097)
Hostel. Terrible acting, piss-poor plot, and completely ridiculous events. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that doesn't happen when you cut someone's eye out. I know there's supposed to be the factor of "suspension of disbelief", but it was completely gone the minute the main character stepped onto the screen.

V-Ormix 01-17-2012 07:19 PM

Lady and the Tramp, cause we had to watch it in school... it was hard to bare ill just leave it at that cause it was super boring....

Netjet! 01-17-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Oilers_Go (Post 3618104)
Burn After Reading.

By the end of that movie I was asking myself what I just watched. It made no sense at all; the plot was just all over the place.

Watched it a long time ago in theatres, and I agree. What the hell even happened? Pretty much everyone died or got arrested, and the CIA agents were laughing their asses off.

UnkownMan 01-17-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 3618114)

robertsona 01-17-2012 09:15 PM

The Lady and the Tramp, Burn After Reading, and The Room are all great.

I haven't seen the first in a while but I just remember loving it. Really cute.

Burn After Reading is absolutely hilarious; the madcap way in which the plot unfolds is pure slapstick. I love the death that comes absolutely out of nowhere. I guess you could say the arbitrary nature of each even works against the movie as a whole, but I think it betrays a sort of absurdist worldview in a way that's consistently surprising, weird, and just ****ing funny--sometimes it's fun having no idea where a movie is going next. Also, Brad Pitt's character is a total hoot.

The Room is a masterpiece of "anti-art" or whatever you want to call it. It's the perfect level of badness. Usually I'm not a big fan of "hey this thing is bad, let's laugh at it," but The Room and Wiseau consistently nail the aesthetic of terribleness. The extended sex scenes are ****ing hilarious, as is the dialogue. So many quotables.

As for the question of the thread, I'll have to think about it. Placeholder: The Smurfs.