Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151781)

Jayden1234 03-16-2020 05:20 PM

Re: Coronavirus

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Isabelle (Post 4720153)
Marshall Law is will happen next week, if not the week after. Calling it.

I did not know Marco Rubio was a member of this website, much less a TWG enthusiast. Welcome!

mi40 03-16-2020 06:32 PM

for those working in industries like grocery retail, healthcare, and public utilities management (to name a few) - stay strong and keep your chin up, this country wouldn't be functioning without you guys

dAnceguy117 03-16-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4720082)
I guess that isn't anything to sneeze at but this all seems like overreacting to me

recommended reading:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/

melonpapes 03-16-2020 09:26 PM

welp, ontario is shutting down at midnight all bars, restaurants, nightclubs, religious gatherings, daycares, private schools, etc etc...

Dinglesberry 03-16-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4720268)
welp, ontario is shutting down at midnight all bars, restaurants, nightclubs, religious gatherings, daycares, private schools, etc etc...

If the lcbo shuts down im gonna be fuckin fuming, idc about other shit

j-rodd123 03-16-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

This is false. I wish they were but yea, fake news

gold stinger 03-17-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Only thing that I can see so far is that Ontario's medical official is recommending restaurants and bars to close. Saw a few places do so where I'm living, but it's not every restaurant.

melonpapes 03-17-2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4720392)
Only thing that I can see so far is that Ontario's medical official is recommending restaurants and bars to close. Saw a few places do so where I'm living, but it's not every restaurant.

https://www.wechu.org/newsroom/news-...ed-coronavirus
https://twitter.com/drewdilkens/stat...224719872?s=19
https://globalnews.ca/news/6686487/c...commendations/

Windsor at the very least is shutting it down and I expect very many cities will follow suit. Any business owner who chooses to remain open during a pandemic is stubborn and harmful, and should expect very little business. I expect most people will just cut their losses and close up rather than try to keep the lights on through this.

But yeah, fake news or whatever

melonpapes 03-17-2020 11:09 AM

Oopsie doopsie Ontario in a state of emergency and what I said would happen did

j-rodd123 03-17-2020 11:20 AM

Lol way to be weirdly defensive but no they didn’t close down at midnight like you said. But they announced the recommendations yesterday and we all hoped they would come in sooner or later so feel special I guess?

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-17-2020 12:34 PM

i got suspended from working at the preschool for the next few weeks because the management is trying to minimise the amount of employees in the centre

melonpapes 03-17-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4720532)
Lol way to be weirdly defensive but no they didn’t close down at midnight like you said. But they announced the recommendations yesterday and we all hoped they would come in sooner or later so feel special I guess?

They did it at 9 am effective immediately, so basically any restaurant/bar that closed through the night was unable to re-open in the morning because of the announcement. And Windsor did shut down at midnight, probably because municipalities were given advance notice by the premier's office about the shutdown.

G.S.M 03-17-2020 02:14 PM

Fun times.

MixMasterLar 03-17-2020 02:14 PM

Florida cases up to 192 which is a pretty big jump

Bars/pubs are closing and most fast food joints are going drivethru only.

The word on the street is that the police are gearing up for total closer of businesses and curfews, but that doesn't come from a real reliable source

gold stinger 03-17-2020 02:26 PM

My boss just found out that he has Coronavirus.

Been sick for his 3rd day. Has a medical condition where panic attacks will cause him to have stroke, so he went to the top of the list. Got tested yesterday, came back positive today.

Said it was crazy, because he's been at home for the past week. Last time he went out, he wasn't really in contact with anyone, except for a bank teller providing him some money from his business account, and cashier & groceries. Neither the cashier or bank teller seemed sick. Was hyper vigilant about it.

Funnygurl555 03-17-2020 02:50 PM

minneapolis is basically closed now. we have 60 cases, at least 22 of which are in my county.

i tried buying groceries 'cause i'm off today and wanted to make sure i could quarantine when i get sick. haha, NOPE. man people suck. me and my roommates are dangerously low on toilet paper, so we gotta strategize

my mom and i are worried about my grandma. she's 92 and in the hospital-- almost succumbed to the flu. she got it from being at her current residence, where my uncle passed it to her. i'm telling my mom to take my grandma into her house and get her the hell outta the twin cities. hopefully she listens.

the alano (place where aa meetings are held) is open despite all of this 'cause, let's be real, addicts have a higher chance of dying from addiction than covid-19. we have to socially distance and make meetings smaller. i went to one just now and was tryna not touch anyone lol

many of my friends are out of work because they work in the service industry. it fucking sucks. i basically can't tutor anymore myself, which was my 2nd job, but i'm super super fucking glad i work at target now because i know i can work there through all this.

edit: my dad also yeeted to somalia after i came out. he was supposed to come back at the end of this month but due to the virus he's still in somalia. somalia had their first confirmed case yesterday. blarrgghhh. i think he should come home and isolate with my mom and bros but idk. my mom's a nurse so perhaps home isn't the safest but my mom's also an anxious clean freak so.

edit2: me and my mom being tight again is another story that's not about the coronavirus. haven't spoken to my dad in almost half a year though

Psychotik 03-17-2020 03:03 PM

Working from home now for most of the week, only expected to come in the office once per week for at least the next 4 weeks.

XelNya 03-17-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4720603)
minneapolis is basically closed now. we have 60 cases, at least 22 of which are in my county.

i tried buying groceries 'cause i'm off today and wanted to make sure i could quarantine when i get sick. haha, NOPE. man people suck. me and my roommates are dangerously low on toilet paper, so we gotta strategize

my mom and i are worried about my grandma. she's 92 and in the hospital-- almost succumbed to the flu. she got it from being at her current residence, where my uncle passed it to her. i'm telling my mom to take my grandma into her house and get her the hell outta the twin cities. hopefully she listens.

the alano (place where aa meetings are held) is open despite all of this 'cause, let's be real, addicts have a higher chance of dying from addiction than covid-19. we have to socially distance and make meetings smaller. i went to one just now and was tryna not touch anyone lol

many of my friends are out of work because they work in the service industry. it fucking sucks. i basically can't tutor anymore myself, which was my 2nd job, but i'm super super fucking glad i work at target now because i know i can work there through all this.

edit: my dad also yeeted to somalia after i came out. he was supposed to come back at the end of this month but due to the virus he's still in somalia. somalia had their first confirmed case yesterday. blarrgghhh. i think he should come home and isolate with my mom and bros but idk. my mom's a nurse so perhaps home isn't the safest but my mom's also an anxious clean freak so.

edit2: me and my mom being tight again is another story that's not about the coronavirus. haven't spoken to my dad in almost half a year though

Lots of good and bad here, but glad you still can partake in some of the things to help yourself.

Shadow_God_10 03-18-2020 02:44 AM

I'm growing more and more concerned that all airports that aren't major will be shut down... Last night coming in I saw a grand total of four people waiting for the subways which scares the shit out of me

Rebirth0 03-18-2020 10:07 AM

My job is at a convenience store and is apparently essential so its business as usual. 48 hours a week, "we will be there for our customers"

At least if I or anyone in my family gets anything they will pay entirely for the medical expenses and I get 100% paid sick leave for as long as it takes.