Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ATTN: synthlight (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114319)

kommisar 10-9-2010 04:32 PM

ATTN: synthlight

Oh! FFR's back...

Congrats on the work you put in to get this place back up. Once things are back up and running, my question is who will be responsible for the judging/queue of files?

I know many dedicated stepmen that will be able to help you and whoever is responsible for bringing files back to its regular flow <3

TC_Halogen 10-9-2010 04:33 PM

Re: ATTN: synthlight

bmah had told me on AIM that he was relinquishing a judging position for me; whether or not that's true is to be said by him if and when he comes over here. I sure as hell hope you're a judge though - your charts have always been pretty fun.

kommisar 10-9-2010 04:34 PM

Dream team

debit
kommisar
patashu
jx
blu

Gundam-Dude 10-9-2010 04:58 PM

I would volunteer but I have no history or experience regarding how FFR submissions or judging works :x

Sticking with KBO probably.

kommisar[os] 10-9-2010 05:01 PM

even though you're more qualified than 100% of everyone here

MikeyzDragon 10-9-2010 05:09 PM

Just a thought: Perhaps expanding the board or make two or more groups and seek out other opinions or people to judge and process more files so that it doesn't get backed up? This is not to say judge them as quickly as possible and give poor judgment.

TC_Halogen 10-9-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar[os] (Post 3306278)
even though you're more qualified than 100% of everyone here

^

I'd assume that the batch still had files before the last queue opening. It's gotta be pretty backed up.

iPatcH 10-9-2010 05:19 PM

Dimentio 10-9-2010 05:19 PM

lmfao yes

championanwar 10-9-2010 05:22 PM

Unconditional queue for all my songs please ^^

Patashu 10-9-2010 05:26 PM

I still have the old batch that's like 100 files strong

Silvuh 10-9-2010 06:26 PM

Meow, I know I would be honored to get a spot on the judging panel... I could do it, but I'm just not confident people would want me in one of those positions, haha...

But anyway, yeah, I'm certainly interested to see how this all works out...

bmah 10-9-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3306213)
bmah had told me on AIM that he was relinquishing a judging position for me; whether or not that's true is to be said by him if and when he comes over here. I sure as hell hope you're a judge though - your charts have always been pretty fun.

I'll hold what I said as true - I'd be happy enough to see you as a new judge. I'm just as happy to contribute with the occasional file, so it's a win-win situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3306289)
^

I'd assume that the batch still had files before the last queue opening. It's gotta be pretty backed up.

I JUST deleted the batch like less than two weeks ago from my flash drive to make room for remote sensing work, damn.

HOWEVER, I did send the entire previous batch to Summerschool back at Thirdstyle a couple months ago - hope that he still has it. And it seems that Patashu does as well.

I also still have the judging notes for the past two batches, if this is of any significance.

MikeyzDragon 10-9-2010 06:52 PM

Another thought: Have judges-in-training or back-up judges.

jimerax 10-9-2010 06:53 PM

active people from current kbo judges + old ffr judges

rushyrulz 10-9-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3306217)
Dream team
debit
kommisar
patashu
jx
blu

Good old kommisar, modest as ever I see.

MinaciousGrace 10-9-2010 07:07 PM

i wanna be a judge can i be a judge please

bmah 10-9-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyzDragon (Post 3306419)
Another thought: Have judges-in-training or back-up judges.

I think a reason why this hasn't happened before was due to keeping consistent opinions - imagine if one judge reviewed half of the batch, then went on sick leave. The back-up judge would review the other half. Because of the subjective nature of judging, this doesn't sit well with the system you're proposing.
Even a system with rotating judges from one entire batch to another wouldn't do very well, since people do make revisions that spans multiple batches, and such simfile artists would like to have their files reviewed with a certain degree of consistency.

Patashu 10-9-2010 07:36 PM

I've probably said it before but a system like osu's judging would be great. basically, anyone can post a file they want to be added to the game. a horde of minions are hired to reject crap until it's improved (presumably constructive feedback provided at this stage) and raise anything with potential up to the judges for further refining.

Silver_Brian 10-9-2010 08:05 PM

Blazze for first ban after revival. =D