Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A HOT mug of TEA is all you need! (One Handers Guide) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=84724)

Zageron 12-31-2007 01:01 AM

A HOT mug of TEA is all you need! (One Handers Guide)

I just looked back on this. Realized how stupid it was.
You guys don't need to see. ^^

skishmonkey72 12-31-2007 01:07 AM

Re: A HOT mug of TEA is all you need! (One Handers Guide)

lol... I love being one-handed and annoying the spread/index players at the same time as having fun myself. This thread is a win, but anyone who doesn't play one-handed will call it a fail.
I like how a hot drink will cause "your hand to condensate"... sounds funny.
A nice light break from the sometimes-heavy dullness that often accompanies playing guides. Although it's not really sticky-able in any way, it still made me laugh, if not for the right reasons.

FRO 12-31-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 1957359)
Whala.

Please don't make this mistake again

please

~HentaiXXX~ 12-31-2007 01:09 AM

Hm, I only had one real problem:

Good songs for upping your stamina, in order of, include:
Breaking The Common
MAXForever
The Brain of the Moon
BBEvolution
BBRevenge
Pants
Sympathizer

In order of, well...Pants takes MUCH more stamina than Sympathizer, that's just my opinion, but it seems way more logical. Good Guide otherwise.

EAGAMES 12-31-2007 01:30 AM

Great guide! A lot of small but important things.
I agree with the " Where do I put this thing?" and " Anti - Freezing." Also, the " I Suck " though I really think it depends on the person.

Now for the " VSHI " I think the opposite of the first two. In my experience I kept on playing through sharp pains whether I was tired or not. Later on I got used to it pretty quick and for stanima I say Pants, Frictional Nevada, BB Revenge, BB Evolution. The rest I really didn't find much of a problem when it came to stanima.

Other than that I tottaly agree with this, GJ Zaggy.

TD_punk 12-31-2007 01:34 PM

No. Fail.
i play one handed but still, fail.

i dont use any of those things.
i just have a warmup song which is something easy like uber rave.

Punk

swizzy 12-31-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagafag
i play one handed can i have some attention please

o.

Arkazal 12-31-2007 02:39 PM

Do you really use the last tip? I arch my hands like crazy even when one-handing and I can AAA stuff like... Horizon lol.

A style guide seems impossible to me.

Zageron 12-31-2007 04:17 PM

If no one gets it yet. I made this guide when I was exceedingly bored. It's not the greatest, but everything on here works for me.
@swizzy stop trolling.
@TD_Punk thanks for the opinion.
@Arkazal You're going to get serious hand problems when your trying to PA songs like Sympathizer.

ninjaKIWI 12-31-2007 04:31 PM

I don't play one hand, but i still think this is a great guide :] I wish i could play onehand as well, But I'mm too lazy to learn X3

But anyways, goodjob :]

omgitznpv 12-31-2007 04:33 PM

Well, Zageron, a few things. Keep in mind this might just be me and nobody else.

This is not a complex guide at all- there are lots of things you could have added. In addition, I spot typos everywhere I look.

For the record, I dashed off approximately 1,000 games or so and I was able to FC FMO's and AAA some VD's with one hand.

Okay. You're playing with one hand as a handicap, not because it's the best option for you- that's what you're making it seem like.

When my hand is cold, I tend to have better PA. I just can't hit as fast. Now, if my hands are MOIST, that's a completely different story and I slide off and play like a worthless pile of ****.

I've NEVER held my hand flat. When I did, I sucked more. It's also never created any problems for my hand, either.

I have no loss of energy whatsoever when I play one-handed. In fact, I have more problems with energy loss and body temp (I have a health problem that conflicts a lot with my body temperature, so I can easily tell if I'm getting tired), way more, when playing 4-fingered. One-handing is very very light for me, unless I'm mashing stuff like Pants.

Cj_leonine 12-31-2007 04:36 PM

Another good song for stamina is EHHS, not to be mistaken for it's sister stepfile EHHS v2.

Zageron 12-31-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgitznpv (Post 1958234)
Well, Zageron, a few things. Keep in mind this might just be me and nobody else.

This is not a complex guide at all- there are lots of things you could have added. In addition, I spot typos everywhere I look.

For the record, I dashed off approximately 1,000 games or so and I was able to FC FMO's and AAA some VD's with one hand.

Okay. You're playing with one hand as a handicap, not because it's the best option for you- that's what you're making it seem like.

When my hand is cold, I tend to have better PA. I just can't hit as fast. Now, if my hands are MOIST, that's a completely different story and I slide off and play like a worthless pile of ****.

I've NEVER held my hand flat. When I did, I sucked more. It's also never created any problems for my hand, either.

I have no loss of energy whatsoever when I play one-handed. In fact, I have more problems with energy loss and body temp (I have a health problem that conflicts a lot with my body temperature, so I can easily tell if I'm getting tired), way more, when playing 4-fingered. One-handing is very very light for me, unless I'm mashing stuff like Pants.

I think it's just you. xD

But yeah that complexity crap was random. Plus, yes, my spelling DOES suck. I spend about 10 minutes going over that spell checking.

omgitznpv 12-31-2007 04:40 PM

Okay, so I'm just a strange one-hander :(

ps my hands are cold

Cj_leonine 12-31-2007 04:52 PM

Also, a good thing to do is to practice patterns. The one that will help the most, in my opinion, is trills.

They are still the hardest patterns to hit/PA because they require the most flexibility between your fingers.

I think on the top OneHanders List thread thingy skish made a list of the songs of different patterns.

Also, I have the best simfiles for practicing Jumpstream on SM. They were not created by me though.

Cj_leonine 12-31-2007 04:53 PM

Oh, trying for triple post dammit. You messed me up!

Anyways, Include that you always want to HIT! your keys like really hard. It builds strength.

Crashfan3 12-31-2007 05:17 PM

Okay... so I'm nearly to 3000 games. I'm FC'ing VD's and getting less than 10 misses on Challenging. I manage to get 10-35 games out of the way each day before I collapse on the floor. My score is 1.1 billion after 1.09 years of gameplay.

So, I'm doing okay?

Zageron 12-31-2007 05:37 PM

Yes. You're doing excellent.

Hollus 12-31-2007 05:43 PM

I'm sorry, but I couldn't handle the pressure. I switched to spread after half a year of onehanded failure. I have the hands of a arthritic grandma now. Thanks.

omgitznpv 12-31-2007 05:48 PM

I would still be a one hander, if not for a file I was stepping. It was too fast for me to test one-handed. Switched to two hand/four-finger and blahblahblah
I still can't stand spread.