Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Suspicious scores thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123186)

MeggieLeigh 08-5-2012 06:09 PM

Re: Suspicious scores thread~

I thought that you guys would enjoy this. c:

PriestREA 08-7-2012 07:53 PM

slightly off-topic bump here, but reading past posts on the thread...
what are zero-framers, one-framers etc. (avmisses) all that jazz, it's interesting to look at the replay data from suspicious scores but I haven't the slightest idea what Dossar or anyone else means when they talk about "framers"

qqwref 08-7-2012 07:57 PM

FFR runs at 30 frames per second and every note is on one of those frames, so there are only 30 places per second that a note can be (on each column). An X-framer is two notes on the same column that are only X frames apart. So a 1-framer is two notes only one frame apart, which is the minimum distance. A 0-framer is two notes on top of each other.

Avmiss is an old glitch (fixed in 2008 or so) where, if there were two notes in the same column too close to each other, and you hit too late, you would hit the later one and completely miss the earlier one, thus making it impossible to FC the song.

PriestREA 08-7-2012 08:04 PM

Thanks qqwref, clears up a lot. It's hard when a lot of threads make notable references to framers when talking about FFR, leaves you a bit in the dark.

popsicle_3000 08-8-2012 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lethal Injection lvl ranks.
this doesn't seem possible...

SK8R43 08-8-2012 09:55 AM

Haha booflag then AAA then Blackflag nice ^_^

marioGP87 08-8-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3742852)
Lethal Injection lvl ranks.
this doesn't seem possible...

might just be a glitch in the levelranks...

DossarLX ODI 08-8-2012 10:04 AM

Nah, lemonman also had an impossible score on Runny Morning. It's cheated.

The bizarre part is that it doesn't show up in the levelranks page, but it does show up on the song stats page.

popsicle_3000 08-8-2012 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
also this. party 4u v2

TC_Halogen 08-8-2012 06:56 PM

In that second case, those scores might have been added manually before the automated unrecorded scores page was used.

bmah 08-8-2012 07:19 PM

Beast&Harlot and lemonman's scores have been removed and blacklisted. For the former, I actually had to manually remove the individual score, because it would normally show that the user didn't have any recorded scores.

As for popsicle's case, those - at least for scottish - might be manual scores added without the proper scoring info prepared.
edit: oh thx AJ hehe

qqwref 08-8-2012 07:44 PM

bmah, would you be up for fixing all the AAA scores with incorrect PGAMBC counts? You could probably do it all in one step if you know SQL (or whatever's being used in FFR). Honestly it's kinda silly to see stuff like 0-0-TONS-0-0 on a score that can never be improved :p

e: if you do this, keep a transaction or some other record of what gets changed, so you can check if there was anything weird-looking...

bmah 08-8-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3743145)
bmah, would you be up for fixing all the AAA scores with incorrect PGAMBC counts? You could probably do it all in one step if you know SQL (or whatever's being used in FFR). Honestly it's kinda silly to see stuff like 0-0-TONS-0-0 on a score that can never be improved :p

e: if you do this, keep a transaction or some other record of what gets changed, so you can check if there was anything weird-looking...

I was thinking of that, but you don't truly know their scores. There are multiple ways of achieving the same score, unless it's something like a booflag. A score that's equivalent to three goods but shows 0-0-0-0-0 on the levelranks could be X-3-0-0-0, but could also potentially be a combination of other junk instead.

nois-or-e 08-8-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3743145)

If you mean the unrecorded scores with the AAA value in averages in place of perfects, I am fairly sure Sprite- was telling me that this is so that we have a hard record of the unrecorded score on the users levelranks. I was under the impression that the score would auto-update if the user re-AAA'd tho...

TC_Halogen 08-8-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3743178)
If you mean the unrecorded scores with the AAA value in averages in place of perfects, I am fairly sure Sprite- was telling me that this is so that we have a hard record of the unrecorded score on the users levelranks. I was under the impression that the score would auto-update if the user re-AAA'd tho...

All correct. I know this because I was around when Dom was creating this from scratch -- your score will update to the x-0-0-0-0 AAA score if you achieve it again, but if you don't, it'll still be considered a AAA (rank 1).

Also, there is a log for unrecorded scores for those who have access to add scores, along with an ID number for the particular entry. The full-average was more of a notification for other people. I do agree with qqwref, though - if there's a changelog viewable for those that have access, then there's no reason to worry about putting it as all averages.

qqwref 08-8-2012 08:39 PM

I was actually just referring to scores that actually are AAAs (rank 1). I guess you could re-AAA (didn't know that would fix it, btw) but it's weird to make people have to do that just to have their scores display properly...

noname219 08-8-2012 08:42 PM

Quick question : why does those scores register averages instead of perfects?

TC_Halogen 08-8-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3743207)
I was actually just referring to scores that actually are AAAs (rank 1). I guess you could re-AAA (didn't know that would fix it, btw) but it's weird to make people have to do that just to have their scores display properly...

Yeah, and in some cases, it's extremely difficult (one of my unrecorded AAAs is Grand Galop Chromatique :().

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3743208)
Quick question : why does those scores register averages instead of perfects?

I can't remember it being done that way for any reason other than to serve as a notification that the score was unrecorded. Those who were looking for illegitimate players would be able to skim over these scores as well, despite how awkward they appeared.

With there being a very powerful anti-cheat and a log for scores that don't get recorded automatically, I think it might be worthwhile to update the code to write the actual numbers in the table, rather than just adding the max combo to all averages, regardless of the counts. It would also be very slightly helpful to tournament hosts who run into a score like that but aren't sure what to do with it.

Elite Ninja 08-8-2012 10:36 PM

Haha one time someone called me a hacker because I had a weird unrecorded score on Zombie Sunset that looked like 0-0-2780-0-0 x3

Atleast I've improved and fixed it but I still have others (Like my 11ELEVEN (suppose to be 8-0-0-0) and Dimensions Of A Square(Suppose to be AAA but I could re-AAA this to fix the way it looks lol))

Mike Weedmark 08-14-2012 09:57 AM

Hate to accuse someone, but imo funnygurl's scores are extremely suspicious. In 2 months she has gone from AAAing her first VC to AAAing Spaceman. If she's just that damn good (which would make her the fastest improving player of all time with no one else even coming a little bit close) then sorry, but I'm almost willing to bet real money someone else is playing on her account. She was extremely average for a very long time, and then almost instantly she's a hair's width from D6? Possible, I suppose, but deserving of investigation, for sure.

Also, has Yoshl been looked at before? It's weird that he has that SDG Kirby Music and then not even one other score that's anything like it. Did he just go SSJ for one round that happened to be the final round of a tournament, or...?