Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

NocturneAunamic 02-1-2011 07:31 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2

Hey, I'm just making sure about something. Since I'm a new step artist and I want to submit for this batch, my submission cap is 2 songs correct? Since I'm new, my simfile artist points are at 0, and the cap for 0 points is 2 songs. Just wanting to make sure.

jimerax 02-1-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic (Post 3410140)
Hey, I'm just making sure about something. Since I'm a new step artist and I want to submit for this batch, my submission cap is 2 songs correct? Since I'm new, my simfile artist points are at 0, and the cap for 0 points is 2 songs. Just wanting to make sure.

yeah you can submit up to 2 files.

Ziergdsx18 02-1-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic (Post 3410140)

[Submission Cap by Simfile Artist Point]

Negative pts - 1
0-9pts - 2
10-11pts - 3
12-19pts - 4
20-29pts - 5
30-39pts - 6
40-49pts - 7
50pts or more - 8

EDIT: oops ninja'd

bmah 02-1-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3410139)
wow, it had been in the conditional queue for a long time, then bmah fixed it and already released recently

in defense, I asked several times for cond. queued files before December ended last year

jimerax 02-1-2011 08:19 PM

yeah, basically not your fault or something.

If kommi want "major" fixes on that file, I say it should be deleted from the game and needs resubmission, sry.

kommisar 02-1-2011 08:23 PM

its a fix for it jx

bmah mentionned fixing it but that was about it. i didnt know

jimerax 02-1-2011 09:59 PM

I announced that fixes of old conditional files should be sent until the end of 2010.

I don't mind fixing the swf if it's minor fix though (and possibly don't change total arrow count).

bmah 02-1-2011 10:03 PM

well kommi already sent it in, check the email and see how different the file is (I have other things to do atm...)

ichliebekase 02-1-2011 11:26 PM

So I attempted to copy/paste the BPM list that Silvuh gave me into the .sm and nothing changed. I even went into the editor to see if there were any BPM changed written in and there was nothing. Not even the offset that I changed was fixed. Yes, I did delete all the spaces that were randomly in between the list Silvuh put up because of FFR spacing.

Any help on this?

leonid 02-1-2011 11:30 PM

esc->reload from disk

ichliebekase 02-1-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3410293)
esc->reload from disk

Well hawt damn. Thanks thar leonid :]

You learn something new every day.

So I'll resend this with all of the fixes in the morning. I'm assuming it'll be considered a resubmit. Didn't know all of that stuff about the BPM before :P

psychoangel691 02-2-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3409683)
Random thing I've noticed: people are submitting files that are already available to the public elsewhere. In the future (i.e. subsequent batches after this one), please submit files that you haven't submitted elsewhere such as a simfile database or one of those custom FFR engines...

Meant to make a comment on this earlier. Most of the files being submitted from the custom were put up there while the site was down. Had the site not been down for 10 months people would have submitted here. Now that the site is back people have been wanting to get their files on here. The custom doesn't have stats and isn't a "large" game per say. I had even talked to Aj that if files start making it into game here that I'd just remove them from the custom FFR. Altho a lot of times ones making it here have variations to the ones that are on the custom since the rules are a bit stricter here.

Also It didn't seem to be a problem that SM files were being submitted for FFR so I'm not quite sure why the custom stuff is being seen as an issue.

Plan_Bsk81127 02-2-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3410432)
Meant to make a comment on this earlier. Most of the files being submitted from the custom were put up there while the site was down. Had the site not been down for 10 months people would have submitted here. Now that the site is back people have been wanting to get their files on here. The custom doesn't have stats and isn't a "large" game per say. I had even talked to Aj that if files start making it into game here that I'd just remove them from the custom FFR. Altho a lot of times ones making it here have variations to the ones that are on the custom since the rules are a bit stricter here.

Also It didn't seem to be a problem that SM files were being submitted for FFR so I'm not quite sure why the custom stuff is being seen as an issue.

He said files in general that are available to the public elsewhere which obviously includes SM.

psychoangel691 02-2-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3410434)
He said files in general that are available to the public elsewhere which obviously includes SM.

I'm talking about the batch where there were a whole bunch of SM files sent in and it was no big deal then everyone seemed perfectly fine with it. Now it's an issue.

who_cares973 02-2-2011 09:50 AM

it wasnt an issue then because it was a one time thing now that it seems to be happening every batch it has turned into a serious issue

psychoangel691 02-2-2011 09:53 AM

I just don't think it would be fair to block people from sending stuff they sent to the custom while FFR was down. I have no issues removing the files from there that make it on here. At the time there was no FFR to submit to and no one knew if it was going to come back. That's all I'm trying to say here.

Plan_Bsk81127 02-2-2011 09:55 AM

Well after awhile if people just continue to send in files that are on SM/Custom, FFR files start to lose the originality. What fun is playing a file that isnt really "new" because it has been elsewhere and played before. Files sent in to FFR should be charts that nobody has seen elsewhere before.

edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3410442)
I just don't think it would be fair to block people from sending stuff they sent to the custom while FFR was down. I have no issues removing the files from there that make it on here. At the time there was no FFR to submit to and no one knew if it was going to come back. That's all I'm trying to say here.

There has been two batches since the revival of the site, I think they had their chances to send in files that are on the custom from the downtime of FFR.

who_cares973 02-2-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 3410442)

bmah is referring to files that were submitted to the ffr batches and the DF batches not files that were already in DF(at least thats what i got from it)

i love you 02-2-2011 10:19 AM

There goes my witchcraft file lol

TC_Halogen 02-2-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3410450)
There goes my witchcraft file lol

So much for sending Myriagon [Heavy], Made in Saitama, Dow--oh wait that one made it lol

(In my defense, Down was in the batch before I put it in the custom, haha)