Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "The Museum of DDR Simfile History" (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=146729)

Shuey 02-18-2017 06:58 PM

"The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

Does anyone remember this? It hasn't been online in years, but here's an archive of my old website that had some info and blog posts about it:
The Museum

Well, I still have everything that I collected from all those years ago, and I'd like to share it with anyone/everyone who is interested.

I'm up for ideas of the best way to distribute it (especially without getting me or anyone else into any trouble for copyright claims; call me paranoid, lol).

I'll be hooking up my data drive tomorrow to review the files, and I'll post back here with an update.

*UPDATE* Foxfire has uploaded a bunch of my Museum files to his server! Here's his latest post with more info!

macgravel 02-18-2017 07:12 PM

Re: "The Museum of DDR Simfile History"

Holy shit, epic ancient files incoming

Charu 02-18-2017 07:38 PM

Whoa

Gundam-Dude 02-18-2017 07:40 PM

zip them all up in one big pack !!

(unless it's over 1GB)

Shuey 02-18-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 4521567)
zip them all up in one big pack !!
(unless it's over 1GB)

Last I recall, it could be nearly 50GB of data O_o

MarioNintendo 02-18-2017 07:54 PM

50 mini packs? :P

macgravel 02-18-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4521576)
50 mini packs? :P

Dynam0 02-18-2017 08:40 PM

This is actually super-duper important, keeping my eye on this thread :o

Sidek 02-18-2017 08:45 PM

you can upload to dropbox.
i would like to share my dropbox account but my suscription of 1tb expired a few months ago. :(

blindreper1179 02-18-2017 08:57 PM

There's so many people interested, I know I want all of it! Appreciate the work you're about to do to spread the files.

foxfire667 02-18-2017 09:19 PM

Release them as packs, and I assure you I will mirror this content immediately. I would love to have all of this old content archived for all to play as soon as possible.

Since you've been away, I archive packs of files, lots of them. I promise you they will have a home here for a very long time.

Shuey 02-18-2017 09:21 PM

Happy to see people chiming in with interest :).

What about bit torrent as another option? I could seed on weekends (starting on Friday nights, and running all the way through until around 8am on Monday mornings). I have high speed upload at work and could do it from there (300Mbps upload speed!). I don't see any reason the entire collection couldn't be uploaded to the first batch of peers within the first weekend.

Shuey 02-18-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4521602)
Release them as packs, and I assure you I will mirror this content immediately. I would love to have all of this old content archived for all to play as soon as possible.

Since you've been away, I archive packs of files, lots of them. I promise you they will have a home here for a very long time.

That's great to hear ff!

foxfire667 02-18-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuey (Post 4521604)
That's great to hear ff!

I've had bad experiences with downloading packs from torrents speed wise, but I'll be down to try again if you set it up.

You can set up a free account over at MEGA for a cool 50GB if you want as well. All depends on how you plan to break up the files and how decent your ISP is at uploading / uptime.

Shuey 02-18-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4521605)
I've had bad experiences with downloading packs from torrents speed wise, but I'll be down to try again if you set it up.

You can set up a free account over at MEGA for a cool 50GB if you want as well. All depends on how you plan to break up the files and how decent your ISP is at uploading / uptime.

I guess we can give BT a try and see how it goes. If it ends up being way too slow, I'll look into the MEGA option. One reason I really like the idea of BT is that I won't have to mess with building packs. I really don't wanna have to mess with extra work. I spent way too much of my life in the past building the museum, lol. I'm at a point now where I just wanna at least see it find a good home ;).

With my fast upload rate, I don't foresee us having any speed issues.

Shuey 02-18-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4521602)
Since you've been away, I archive packs of files, lots of them.

If my calculations are correct, it looks like you currently have about 413GB worth of simfiles hosted on your site! O_o... Looks like YOU probably have the biggest collection now :D

contrapatior 02-18-2017 10:35 PM

I've wget'd the entirety of stepmaniaonline before and it was around 400gb, yeah
I should do that again

foxfire667 02-18-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuey (Post 4521612)
If my calculations are correct, it looks like you currently have about 413GB worth of simfiles hosted on your site! O_o... Looks like YOU probably have the biggest collection now :D

I hope I do, I've went out of my way to download from everywhere on multiple occasions and have spent years trying to track as much down as I can. You are quite close, I have everything saved locally too and it's around 411GB on disk.

Post when you've got the torrent link up, I'll start grabbing from it as soon as I can!

Shuey 02-18-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 4521618)
I hope I do, I've went out of my way to download from everywhere on multiple occasions and have spent years trying to track as much down as I can. You are quite close, I have everything saved locally too and it's around 411GB on disk.

Post when you've got the torrent link up, I'll start grabbing from it as soon as I can!

Will do. Unfortunately, it won't be until next weekend. I'm oncall this weekend and we've got major upgrades starting on Monday. I'll definitely keep everyone updated though as soon as I have new info! :)

blindreper1179 02-18-2017 11:00 PM

This is so exciting!