Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   StepMania or FFR? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148452)

Shodzzy 11-15-2017 06:21 PM

StepMania or FFR?

I've never played StepMania, but it looks a lot better then FFR. But hey, what do I know, right? What do you guys think is better? I'd love to compare the two.

rushyrulz 11-15-2017 06:53 PM

Re: StepMania or FFR?

They're both fun, FFR is just easier to get started with.

leonid 11-15-2017 06:54 PM

osu

Cataclysm- 11-15-2017 07:04 PM

STEPMANIA actually to be more specific Etterna.

Etterna is a fairly new heavily modified version of stepmania that includes everything ffr has and more.

Etterna has a significantly larger selections of charts.

It also includes the best 4k rating algorithm giving you a fairly good idea of what your skill level is ( That isn't based on AAA but AA 93% instead as well as rewarding more points based on how well you do capped at 97%) This makes it easy to find and play things at your skill level.

It also has easy ways to create a list of favorites (charts), as well as playlists for charts.

It runs at approximately 100x the fps of ffr meaning the game feels and looks smoother unless your computer is from the actual stone age.

Etterna includes a vast amount of additional customization options not in ffr including the ability to modify your themes or noteskins (as well as a huge noteskin repository compared to ffr)

It also allows for a vast amount of play field customization much more in depth then ffrs such as mini for example.

Now in its latest version it includes in client pack downloads, and the ability to upload your profile to a website directly rather than manually. (https://etternaonline.com/) to see your ranking against other people.

Etterna online also has a huge discord community of players willing to help when they aren't memeing.

And lastly, a dev team that actually makes changes that are worth wild. :mrgreen:

Dinglesberry 11-15-2017 07:07 PM

when i was pretty serious about ffr i made my own engine and used to upload my own stepmania converts to it/my own files, but at some point i ended up realising, why am i even playing ffr when i could just play them in sm

for me playing sm was just training for ffr, id play sm for a few weeks, come back to ffr and get more rankz, go back to sm etc, both games are good.. the only reason i would play ffr now though, after getting more into sm, is to play multiplayer with friends or something

Shodzzy 11-15-2017 08:13 PM

tysm for your answers, guys! And yes, osu! is actually fun af lol

ormix 11-15-2017 08:55 PM

FFR cause I only played SM initially to get better at FFR among starting with it first so its forever my first taste of arrow game.

I got into keybeat for a while when FFR was down, I should of stuck with solo to have been better at it by now ;_;

edit: also worth noting its easier to feel accomplished in FFR than SM, that's what kept me hooked and to have had my expectations lower for myself too. But that's prob a weak and boring reason for most anyone else ~

Sidek 11-15-2017 09:03 PM

stepmania

ShadowDueler97 11-16-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cataclysm- (Post 4597502)
It also allows for a vast amount of play field customization much more in depth then ffrs such as mini for example.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, how do I customize the play field? As far as I can tell FFR's play field customization is far better.

But yeah if you really want to improve stepmania all the way.

AlexDest 11-16-2017 11:48 AM

sweatmania

Walrusizer 11-16-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDueler97 (Post 4597820)
I'm not sure what you mean by this, how do I customize the play field? As far as I can tell FFR's play field customization is far better.

But yeah if you really want to improve stepmania all the way.

Etterna

gabrieljd 11-16-2017 02:38 PM

Both.

Toby1018 11-16-2017 03:20 PM

etterna rules

blindreper1179 11-16-2017 03:55 PM

Stepmania over ffr, but both.

ShadowDueler97 11-17-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrusizer (Post 4597863)
Etterna

I have etterna but you can move the judge/receptor and stuff around like in ffr?

PixlSM 11-17-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDueler97 (Post 4598108)
I have etterna but you can move the judge/receptor and stuff around like in ffr?

yes, use the customize gameplay setting in song options then turn on autoplay cpu (shift+f8 I think?)

Walrusizer 11-17-2017 12:48 PM

Yeah normal autoplay works but it doesn't display combo

ShadowDueler97 11-17-2017 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4598109)
yes, use the customize gameplay setting in song options then turn on autoplay cpu (shift+f8 I think?)

I don't think I have that, what version of etterna do you have?

Walrusizer 11-17-2017 05:17 PM

its on any version .55+ (yes ik it was on .54.2 but it was pulled shhhhh)