Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   AP Tests (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=108377)

Wineandbread 05-3-2009 09:48 PM

AP Tests

They're here! =(

What's everyone taking?

This year I have:
- Calc AB
- World History
- Chemistry
- English Language and Comp
- Physics C: Mechanics

Jtehanonymous 05-3-2009 09:49 PM

Re: AP Tests

You have a few in common with me. :)

I'm taking Calc AB, Chemistry, Statistics, and English Language.

What do you hope to get on your exams? (Well, better stated, what do you expect to get?)

warriormag17 05-3-2009 09:50 PM

You guys have it easy...

I have:
-US History
-English Language
-CompSci A

Wineandbread 05-3-2009 09:56 PM

Hoping for 5s of course.
I'll definitely get it on Calc.... everything else is questionable. =/

Redorigami 05-3-2009 10:01 PM

World History and Human Geo here.

cry4eternity 05-3-2009 10:02 PM

Calc BC
Psychology

Flandre Scarlet 05-3-2009 10:07 PM

This year I only have AP English Language :/ I had all my history credits done before moving and going to a new school this year, so no test for that, and Chemistry is pre-AP, which is pretty dumb -_-

Next year is AP English 4 and AP Calculus though, Physics is then pre-AP >_>, and of course no history needed, and I'm replacing it with dual enrollment courses.

1 1/2 weeks to English... I need to practice more on finishing the synthesis essay w/e before time runs out, the rest I'll definitely finish in time.

Jtehanonymous 05-3-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cry4eternity (Post 3063976)
Calc BC
Psychology

I didn't know you were in AP Psych as well!
Good luck. :D

STD_Sappy 05-3-2009 10:30 PM

Oh! I'm taking AP Physics next year, AP U.S, Honors English..and dumb old Algebra 2. (I love how I need to be amazing at math to do Physics, yet I can do it..but, math is the only class that's in my grade level. Lol.

Wineandbread 05-3-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STD_Sappy (Post 3064017)
Oh! I'm taking AP Physics next year, AP U.S, Honors English..and dumb old Algebra 2. (I love how I need to be amazing at math to do Physics, yet I can do it..but, math is the only class that's in my grade level. Lol.

They let you take AP Physics without Calc? o.O
I figured that you need to know how to evaluate integrals and stuff, but I suppose they can teach you that in physics...

[Edit] (Calc's a prereq for Physics at my school)

Xception704 05-3-2009 10:37 PM

CalcAB
English Language & Comp
English Lit

STD_Sappy 05-3-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 3064026)
They let you take AP Physics without Calc? o.O
I figured that you need to know how to evaluate integrals and stuff, but I suppose they can teach you that in physics...

[Edit] (Calc's a prereq for Physics at my school)

Yes, surprisingly. I've done AP Bio and Chem this year, and they were not that hard..(AP Chem being the much harder of the two..) so, I hope to do well in AP Physics.

gnr61 05-3-2009 10:55 PM

English lit
music theory

i expect easy 5 on lit (i've missed less than 5 in MC and gotten all 7s-9s on free responses on 2 inclass practice tests) and HOPEFULLY 3 on music theory rofl (teacher was hospitalized for a month resulting in a self-teach class which i am way too lazy to put the work in for ;.; )

Windscarredfaith 05-3-2009 11:25 PM

I remember taking these. x] APs are a pain in the butt.

Calc AB is easy as hell if you've done the work assigned throughout the year.

Physics C: Mechanics is pretty simple too because the questions they ask are pretty open ended and straightforward. No weird numbers.

Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism SUCKS if anyone's taking that. The questions they gave were extremely difficult and formulas do not help. Lol.

US History is supposedly easy if you really understand the major events and the major people who did a lot of impact.

AP English I heard sucks because you really have to write well for it. I didn't take it so I can't give tips. :/

AP Studio Art 2D is okay if you've done your portfolio well over time. The exam is barely an exam though... all you do is label slides and paste stuff together and put it in the right order. Lol. Don't stress about this if you have enough pieces.

I heard all the language APs are extremely easy except for French. I personally didn't take any of those either.

AP Chem and Bio are easy. Just be able to do the math required for Chem and know a lot of vocabulary and cycles for Bio.

I heard Stats was easy too. Don't know many details about that.

Music Theory should be easy too.

Hope what I said helped. Lol. Good luck to everyone!

simulater10 05-4-2009 12:10 AM

You americans have pretty funky names for test.

All I have this semester is a English 12 provincial >:B

Xx{Midnight}xX 05-4-2009 12:19 AM

AP English: Language and Composition.

Prime8 05-4-2009 12:23 AM

I remember taking AP Tests.

Calc AB/BC: Got a 5 on both of them. Quite easy, but the free response can be a little tricky.
US History: Got a 4 on it, but I totally forgot about some of the events in the short answer things.
English Lit/Comp: Got a 3 on Comp (English III teacher was retarded) and a 5 on Lit. Questions were somewhat difficult, the short answers were OK (although I still do pretty badly on there) and the essays were easy. Thank God I brushed up on some of the books we read earlier in the year the day before the test lol

sumzup 05-4-2009 01:23 PM

I was going to take Physics C: Mech, English Lang, and English Lit, but I decided to not take them. I've already done Bio, Chem, and the Calc series, and I'll be graduating this year with the Eng + Physics not mattering to whatever school I go to (plus, there are some classes I'd like to actually take at my college), so I'm not doing anything!

dragonmegaXX 05-4-2009 01:55 PM

ive got AP world history next week :/

ima fail hard xD i cant write 3 essays in a row for my life

virus003 05-5-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtehanonymous (Post 3063955)
You have a few in common with me. :)

I'm taking Calc AB, Chemistry, Statistics, and English Language.

What do you hope to get on your exams? (Well, better stated, what do you expect to get?)

dude, you are freaking out over AP's. lol