Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117933)

supermousie 05-11-2011 08:11 AM

Re: Friendship is Magic (current FFR Pony avatar count: >9000)

Speaking of out-of-age-range material, I believe in the "A Bird in the Hoof" episode (ep.22), there was a Benny Hill reference...

Mechablob 05-11-2011 02:55 PM

Just wondering, when the second series arrives, will this thread be covering that too? :)

MrGiggles 05-11-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3465551)
Speaking of out-of-age-range material, I believe in the "A Bird in the Hoof" episode (ep.22), there was a Benny Hill reference...

They did the same thing in ep 3 too, with Twilight running from everyone while a benny hill soundalike played.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechablob (Post 3465692)
Just wondering, when the second series arrives, will this thread be covering that too? :)

Considering that this thread is like 60% of the traffic to the media forum I'd be surprised if it even falls to page 2 by the time Season 2 rolls around. So yes.

Supervising director's tweets
Quote:

@mirannie86 thanks Miran, I try. But I'm only one person, it takes everyone working together to make a great show.
Thank you Lauren, for being so awesome, and trusting us with something so dear to you. We won't let you down! #MLP
WWLD
...rest assured pony fans, the show is not changing. We have doubled our efforts since she left and I am very pleased with the results.
...We are saddened by her absence and will miss her greatly, but her influence is deeply ingrained in the show and in our work...
Lauren is an amazing person who I feel honored to have had the opportunity to work with and even consider my friend.
Lauren may have stepped down, but her influence on us is strong. We share a lot of the same sensibilities and ideals. #mlp
MLP season 1 may be over, but hang in there, season 2 is gonna knock your socks off!
Kreoss on S2
Quote:

Well that's it. Season 1 of MLP: Friendship is Magic is finally over. I have to say its been a blast. It has to be one the best cartoons I had the pleasure of working on. And its even more great that many people enjoyed it. It makes the whole effort, worth it!

With Season 1 having such a great impact, I 'm sure people will be expecting ALOT more for season 2. I hope Season 2 will live up to everyone's expectations. I've already seen 7 episodes of Season 2 and I have to say its looking pretty good. I know its been confirmed by Lauren Faust and all but yes, Luna will be back especially Derpy (Who has now became an official Character here. I wouldn't be surprised if she has her own character sheet/model with preset expressions). I've already seen the episode when Luna comes back and its pretty cool. Season 2 will introduce new characters and bring back some old familiar ones. I wish I could say more but I don't want to spoil too much.

I must say, one of the great benefits of being an animator to My Little Pony is that you get to see the entire season 2 before it even gets aired. Sure its just the still drawings of the animatic but who cares. I watch it for the plot

Anyways about the My little Pony game I'm making. I have already done Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash's model and am now giving them expressions and different outfits. I might post a few previews in my DA sooner or later. The new cartoon I'm working is really taking up my time to draw and do the game. Hopefully I'll be able to get some of it done and post at least the character models.

Well that's all folks. I'm glad you enjoyed My Little Pony Friendship is Magic as much as I enjoyed animating it.

Thank you for all your support, Bronies!

nuclearsamurai 05-11-2011 03:49 PM

Derpy as an official character, what? I'm seriously wondering what kind of character she'd turn out to be.

Meanwhile, I'm about to get my shop on. I'm stuck between a Fluttershy keychain and a Lyra/Bon-Bon messenger bag.

supermousie 05-12-2011 03:03 AM

Attachment 25245
Attachment 25246
Want. So. FREAKIN'. BAD.

Anyone interested in gifting these to me? :P

stargroup100 05-12-2011 04:58 AM

LongGone 05-12-2011 05:21 AM

So I started watching as a post-exam destress

supermousie 05-12-2011 05:33 AM

Friendship is Magic de-stresses alright.

Welcome to the herd.

edit because screw double posting: I wouldn't be surprised if this thread stays active for the entire MLP: FiM run.

MrGiggles 05-12-2011 12:50 PM

hey you guys wanna see something adorable hell yeah you do

http://i.imgur.com/QrwXt.png

brb insulin

edit: another one where do these keep coming from

http://i.imgur.com/lsWVC.jpg

this show is so manly

nuclearsamurai 05-12-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3466217)

;____;

stargroup100 05-12-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3466217)
hey you guys wanna see something adorable hell yeah you do

http://i.imgur.com/QrwXt.png

oh my god

cutest picture ever ;-;

All_That_Chaz 05-12-2011 05:02 PM

I always thought Rainbow Dash was more of the butch type and would go after a femme like Fluttershy rather than another tomboy. Different strokes, I guess.

nuclearsamurai 05-12-2011 05:18 PM

Honestly, I thought it'd be Pinkie Pie.

Sweagen 05-12-2011 06:04 PM

Hey everyone...

I just started watching this series. Eps 1 and 2 were good (though seemed a bit cliched) but Ep.3 is really starting to develop the characters more. I've fallen in love with ponies :D

Kage_No_Shi 05-12-2011 06:16 PM

Well, I'm hoping to find subs (English subs, as I'm hearing impaired and all that) for season 17 and 26. I've watched them without, but it's just not the same >_>

I hope some nice person ends up subbing the second season and so forth in English too, so I can properly watch this show as it continues on <3

megamon88 05-12-2011 07:42 PM

I guess you guys haven't been lurking on ponychan... every few threads is a shipping thread.

Also, spitfire is awesome.

supermousie 05-13-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3466437)
Spitfire

Desktop Ponies v1.20 may include Spitfire if somepony is bothered to make the sprite.

edit:

Phynx 05-13-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweagen (Post 3466388)
Hey everyone...

I just started watching this series. Eps 1 and 2 were good (though seemed a bit cliched) but Ep.3 is really starting to develop the characters more. I've fallen in love with ponies :D

Welcome to the herd, friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kage_No_Shi (Post 3466393)
Well, I'm hoping to find subs (English subs, as I'm hearing impaired and all that) for season 17 and 26. I've watched them without, but it's just not the same >_>

I hope some nice person ends up subbing the second season and so forth in English too, so I can properly watch this show as it continues on <3

Someone needs to help this pony! No pony should go without their dose of the drug called friendship.

Lol, I need a vacation.

Kage_No_Shi 05-14-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phynx (Post 3467022)
Someone needs to help this pony! No pony should go without their dose of the drug called friendship.

Lol, I need a vacation.

Thanks for the support, kind gentlecolt!

Anypony else that would get a blu-ray season set of this show? As long as it wasn't expensive (and included mandatory subtitles, and perhaps some extra or two), I totally would.

Kind of doubting on it getting released in blu-ray, even if it is available in HD on iTunes. I doubt they'd release the whole season together in any case.

Also, I looked into Desktop ponies...Wondering if I'll use this (I use my computer for gaming, so I'd rather not bog it down with stuff like this, even if it is cool).

supermousie 05-14-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kage_No_Shi (Post 3467139)
Also, I looked into Desktop ponies...Wondering if I'll use this (I use my computer for gaming, so I'd rather not bog it down with stuff like this, even if it is cool).

Desktop Ponies is only around 5-6mb and the program doesn't slow down Crysis because of some factors:
1. It uses few resources.
2. Ponies will spaz out if another full-screen program is running and may break anyway.
3. Doesn't require much processor... Processing.
4. ????
5. Profit.

'tis all good! :-D