Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I suppose it's my turn for bad news (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103507)

Starshot 11-29-2008 09:35 PM

I suppose it's my turn for bad news

My parents are kicking me out of the house. Apparently I'm not contributing to the family enough. I can't even spend christmas with them. Kind of a weird feeling when you've only been 18 for 3 months.

I've got enough money to pay for the remaining semester of college, but after that I'll have to start taking loans out or hoping to god for some scholarships, not to mention part-time jobs while keeping up with the class load. I'll have to slowly get used to 3 hours of sleep, I guess.

I'll be able to live out of my car when the dorms close during breaks for the most part. I've got a sleeping bag and a blow up mattress as well as plenty of water jugs that I can use to cook ramen using the electricity in my car.

Thus, with the need for a part-time job next semester, I wont be able to be compose as much as I normally do, or at all for that matter. During the summer, the chances of me getting to a net connection are fairly slim.

With that being said, I suppose I need to make it up somehow:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ax1obd

Above is a sendspace upload for my new album, System Overload, free for FFR users. Think of it as me trying to make not being able to compose next year.

I'll see you guys when I see you.

sumzup 11-29-2008 09:47 PM

Re: I suppose it's my turn for bad news

What the ****, man. That definitely sucks...see if you can get extra financial aid, etc., due to you now being independent with no real income source (whether is from the university itself or possibly the Federal Govt.). Good luck with everything...

abstractrevenge 11-29-2008 09:54 PM

Damn, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope all goes well for you.

DarkbearX 11-29-2008 10:08 PM

Ugh, too many FFR musicians in a bad spot lately.

It really sucks that you have to go man. As already been said, I really hope for the best man. Hope to see you around again soon. ):

Tasselfoot 11-29-2008 10:11 PM

you should work with KgZ or sleeplessdragn or one of the other in-house guys for an album release / support token... might not get you much, but better than nothing.

also, i'm sure you have friends... you should really ask one (or multiple) to stay with them for break. living out of your car is no way to do it. tuck away the pride and ask some friends.

Starshot 11-29-2008 10:18 PM

Yeah, several friends live in several places, so I suppose I could work something out. With the price of gas now a'days, it's easy to get around.

[TeRa] 11-29-2008 10:32 PM

I don't understand how a parent can just kick their kid out of their house. I mean maybe if you were like 25 or something I could understand, but just turning 18, that's wrong...

Even more so when you're in school, what more do they want? Also considering you already have your license, you seem to have everything on track in life. Sure you don't have a job, but TONS of 18 year olds don't have jobs.

Damn, sucks =/
Well, at least you have a plan that'll work, good luck with everything.

Lastly, yeah, definitely try to get a support token out, I'll definitely buy it.

gausmaster 11-29-2008 10:37 PM

I think we are almost exactly the same age dude. I'm like 2 months older. You might want to look into the army reserves for help with college? I borke my leg & my mom wants me to stay till I die, but im joining the army for active duty this january hopefuly.
Its an option.

who_cares973 11-29-2008 10:38 PM

that sucks =/ best of luck to you and like tass said go git dem support tokenz out

lumphoboextreme 11-29-2008 10:40 PM

wow. this thread makes me feel like a spoiled asshole.

hope things work out for you man.

Sullyman2007 11-29-2008 11:06 PM

Yeah living out of my truck in a church parking lot wasn't very ideal... hope you still find time to drop in and say hi every now and then, and good luck :>

NFD 11-29-2008 11:09 PM

The album is perfect, what more can be said about it.

Also good luck with your living situation.

purebloodtexan 11-29-2008 11:44 PM

I can understand your parents telling you to do something better with your life (although I think you're doing well enough), but flat-out kicking you out of the house? Can't they atleast discuss this?

If you're looking for a job, I can help you host music parties or something. I have a friend up here with a bit of hardware to have some live shows.

jugglinguy 11-30-2008 12:23 AM

Really sorry to hear this, and wish for nothing but the best to happen for you. Most definitely follow the advice given, excluding army reserves =P. Are you selling any albums at all?

I suggest that you start an account at chipin.com. It might help get a little money. Perhaps once you start an account you could give it to a willing admin who would post about it on the main page? =P

nubbin149 11-30-2008 03:09 AM

It seems i've started a horrible horrible trend. :(

Only thing I can say man, is stay positive. Something will come up. When you least expect it. Hit up all your friends and drop some myspace bulletins. I really do feel ya man. I was just there. :(

Good luck bro.

sleeplessdragn 11-30-2008 03:53 AM

This sounds excellent! ^_^

Hopefully, you will stay online to chat? = /

Yoshiisland 11-30-2008 04:11 AM

Best of luck. Hopefully, things will work out for you.

Btw, it really sounds really good. ^^

robertsona 11-30-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshot (Post 2900666)
bad news etc.

this sucks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starshot (Post 2900666)
cook ramen using the electricity in my car.

but this is awesome

kid_merkury 12-2-2008 10:58 PM

there's room in boston...

best of luck bro

-Merky