Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Techno? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=41054)

HornyToad 04-13-2006 06:44 AM

Techno?

I'm not a big techno listener and I want to get into it, but alot of the songs I like i can't find anywhere and I don't know any good artists.

What do you guys recommend?

Tasselfoot 04-13-2006 07:55 AM

Re: Techno?

You need to be a little more specific. Techno is a HUGE genre.

There is house, trance, drum n bass, IDM, happy hardcore... and easily 10+ other sub divisions of techno.

HornyToad 04-13-2006 07:58 AM

Trance, Drum&Bass I like those kind of songs

Chromer 04-13-2006 08:46 AM

Well our very own Secret Zombie Room is Drum and Bass. Try there and see if you like it.

Yesssss 04-13-2006 09:24 AM

www.muzie.co.jp

Lots of music you can find there. A bunch of it isn't all that good, but you can still find a lot of good stuff there. Onoken and Phantasma are probably the most famous there for techno. I could think of more artists, but it just depends on your taste.

Thassodar 04-13-2006 11:38 AM

www.di.fm

AWESOME internet radio station with alot of stations geared around techno. I spend a hour + listening to their Drum n' Bass station alone.

Artists I recommend: Trance - Paul Oakenfold, DJ Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren
Great Beats (not necissarily Breakbeat)- Propellerheads, Orbital, The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, Underworld, The Future Sound of London, The Crystal Method, Arling and Cameron (also very House-like sometimes), Basement Jaxx, Junkie XL, To name a few.
Drum and Bass (my favorite): Boymerang, Calyx, Goldie (occasionally), Lemon D, ASC, Pendulum, Muffler, Dieselboy, Soulproof, Photek, Counterstrike, Xample & Bane, Evol Intent, Digital, Stare, RONI SIZE (very big in the Breakbeat genre as well), Shimon & Andy C, Skynet, Limewax, Mumblz & Basic, BT, Ancronix, Technical Itch and ALOT more, I just can't think of them right now...
Ingeniously made: SQUAREPUSHER, Aphex Twn, Mouse on Mars....many more, brain fart....

I think that'll be enough to have you downloading for a few months. Quite a few of those aren't big in America (especially and the DNB section). I had to raid my CD case a bit to remember a few of those; I know Calyx is import only, at least it was for me. I was contemplating getting iTunes just to find some of those bands, but that would mean I would be PAYING for music...

BTW I love techno and people and Texas tend not to so I get alot of weird looks when I'm BLASTING Drum n' Bass in my car (two 15 inch subs) and people look over and see a BLACK guy. The looks I get. I tell ya.

Mindfields 04-13-2006 08:51 PM

Yahoo!'s music program (LAUNCHcast) can help you.
What you do is rate artists, songs, albums, and genres on the editing pages, and then the music player will play music based on your ratings, it will play the songs that you like as well as songs that you most likely will like due to your ratings.
The more you rate, the smarter the player is. Things are more detailed on the site; www.launch.com

Tip: If you want it to ONLY play techno, be sure to ban every other genre.

emccky 04-13-2006 09:44 PM

di.fm is awesome thassodar, thanks for that.

now to find these songs and download them.. someone have a good FTP? mine are all classic rock/metal/etc.

Mindfields 04-13-2006 09:59 PM

Oh, and DI is quite the ****. They have a station for just about every genre of techno. I haven't listened to it in a while, though.

Pumble 04-13-2006 10:06 PM

rofl muzie

That internet radio station is super nice, Thas. Nice taste in music too, hah.

Oh, and hornytoad, once you find a few artists that you enjoy listening to, you should check out last.fm and build a profile there to find music similar to the stuff you like.

Chromer 04-13-2006 11:35 PM

OMFG Mouse On Mars = sex. Listen to Send Me Shivers by them and you'll see what I mean. ;)

talisman 04-13-2006 11:51 PM

or Wipe That Sound.

dontcareaboutmyid 04-14-2006 12:22 AM

iTunes radio has DI.fm in their radio section, along with others. They're all easily labled

I also recommend www.beatpick.com

jewpinthethird 04-14-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman
or Wipe That Sound.

or Evoke An Object. LOL. Same album.

Just listen to the entire album: Radical Connector.

Snapps 04-14-2006 12:53 AM

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Ishkur's guide to the Techno Music.

talisman 04-14-2006 11:41 AM

if you read ishkur, make sure that later, when you think you're sophisticated, you insult him and call him an arbitrary hack who doesn't know anything about electronic music.

bman_006 04-14-2006 12:08 PM

I also highly reccomend DI.FM. I listen to it all the time.

Since you might want to keep some of the songs, I suggest you listen to DI.FM in Winamp, and download Streamripper. This will allow you to rip the audio from the streams, allowing you to save the songs on your computer. After each song, Streamripper chops it, and saves it, so your not dealing with one huge MP3 file. Sometimes I'll listen to the Hardcore channel, and leave it running overnight with Streamripper running. I'll wake up to 500MB of new techno.

http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/

It's good to see people wanting to get into techno. It's bad enough I'm the only one at my school who listens to it =\

Chromer 04-14-2006 12:12 PM

Why does everyone rip on Ishkur? I think his site is a wonderful guide. Sometimes its funny, sometimes it's not. I like it though.

Mindfields 04-14-2006 04:39 PM

Ishkur helped me in some areas, but in most others he was a total idiot.
For instance; "Crunk" music has absolutely nothing to do with techno music.
But Ishkur's guide will introduce you to some cool songs. Too bad you'll go through Hell trying to find some of them on any P2P programs.

emccky 04-14-2006 07:43 PM

I can't figure out what genre I like. I like all the same sounding songs, so maybe someone here can help me. I like songs like..

DJ Dean - Protect Your Ears
Braveheart Techno version.. duno who did it
DJ Sammy - Heaven

etc. if i had to call it anything.. it'd be like melodic trance or something.. i duno.