Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Contested Chart Difficulties (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   A Discussion thread for difficulties of FFR ingame songs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121904)

jimerax 01-4-2012 02:54 AM

A Discussion thread for difficulties of FFR ingame songs

This is a thread for difficulty discussions.

If you have opinions for difficulty changes, current difficulties, or suggestions for reference songs post them in this thread.

- Borderline references (as of Jan 4, 2012)-

1 (Easiest)
High-End - Trip To The Moon

2 (For Beginners)
High-End - Computer Dreams

3 (Very Easy)
High-End - Salad For Your Tuesday, 100 Bar Blackout

4 (Easy)
High-End - Strawberry, Story of Snowman and Sunshine Girl

5 (Standard)
High-End - The Essential

6 (Tricky)
High-End - Legend of Zelda, Infinite Blue, Let Mom Sleep

7 (Difficult)
High-End - Tetris Remix, Bubble Bobble Hillbilly Rodeo

8 (Very difficult)
High-End - The Games We Played, Part 2, MAX Forever, Jurs OP

9 (Challenging)
High-End - Over the Frail Dream

10 (Very Challenging)
High-End - Bus Rides With People, Keep In Mind, Vertex BETA, Feldschlacht

11 (For Masters Only)
High-End - He's A Radical Rat, Piano Concerto 1 'ANTI-ARES', Piano Etude (Gymnastics), Blooddrunk

12 (For Guru's Only)
High-End - Almost There, A Quick Death, Winter Wind Etude

[The list of songs changed in difficulty by the voting]
Halcyon [Xi] - 11 -> 12
The earth blew up - 10 -> 11
do i smile? - 12 -> 13
In Aisles - 9 -> 8
Clash on the Big Bridge - 5 -> 6
{Satori} v2 - 9 -> 8
Fast Asleep - 10 -> 11
Fei Longer - 9 -> 10
mutant corecore - 11 -> 12
Story of Snowman and Sunshine Girl - 4 -> 5
what the f is this: - 9 -> 10
The Final Fantasy - 7 -> 8
P4U v1 - 12 -> 13
Rev Etude v1 - 12 -> 13

Jerry DB 01-4-2012 02:58 AM

Re: A Discussion thread for difficulties of FFR ingame songs

I feel terror from beyond is also I high 4 because I just recently got it haha

nois-or-e 01-4-2012 03:16 AM

I believe this thread is intended for discussing the actual difficulty boundaries/guidelines, as opposed to the individual difficulty of specific files. If you wish to discuss your disagreement with the current difficulty rating of a specific file, please refer to the sticky in this sub-forum...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3606073)
- When you think the difficulty rating of a song should be discussed, you can make a thread for votings in this forum. If the thread gets enough votes and percentage for the difficulty change and the staff approves them, the difficulty will be changed.
The title of the thread should be, "Song Name [N or N+1]" (For example, "Uber Rave [9 or 10]").

If you wish to discuss the difficulty of terror from beyond, you should create a thread titled "Terror from beyond 4 or 5" though, I don't think you're implying that it is the wrong difficulty as it is already a 4...

jimerax 01-4-2012 09:20 AM

I added this to the guidelines.

"Polls are optional, we will count votes in people's posts."

alloyus 01-4-2012 09:25 AM

Surprised Feldschlacht isn't on the high-end VC list, always seemed like a really hard technical file to me.

iironiic 01-4-2012 09:52 AM

10 (Very Challenging)
High-End - Bus Rides With People, Keep In Mind, Vertex BETA

In my honest opinion, I think Vertex BETA and Bus Rides With People are incomparable from each other. One highly emphasizes on stream consistency while the other focuses on tricky bursts and sudden changes in patterns. Generally speaking, because bursts are much harder to tackle than streams, I would either put Bus Rides as a low FMO and keep Vertex Beta as a high VC, or keep Bus Rides as a high VC and Vertex as a mid-VC. I am favoring the latter idea though since Vertex is a very solid VC in my opinion.

Feldschlacht should also join the list of borderline VCs. It's not as straightforward as the other VCs in the game.

I have no say for the easier levels since I can't really determine the difference between a 5 and a 6 haha.

The list generally looks good though!

nois-or-e 01-4-2012 05:35 PM

Should we also include low end files for each difficulty so that there is a semi-defined line between them?

If so...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nois-or-e (Post 3606676)
To me, this is harder than Max Forever, but not by much. IMO max forever should be the highest 8 with Yoshiis cookie being the lowest 9.

It is short, but the fast jump patterns most certainly harder than other 8s at the top end (TGWP2, Kaliedescope, etc). Not by a LOT, but by enough that they are significantly different...

hi19hi19 01-4-2012 07:18 PM

Moving current high FGOs to low FSOs

With Metro and Rave7 "legitimizing" the 13 difficulty ranking, I think it's time to take some of the highest FGOs and give them the title they deserve as low 13s.

Files I think are worthy of this bump-
Revolutionary Etude- Jumpjacks, ending. Pretty self-explatory.
Party 4 U v1- 0framers.
Crowdpleaser- In my opinion the trill and bursts are 13 worthy no matter WHAT else you put in the file. The fact nobody has AAA'd them without overlay should be a hint.
Winter Wind Etude- long as hell, polyrhythm ending, very few SDGs as a result.
Gigadelic- this shouldn't even be in the game, but until it's removed it's a 13.

Iffy-
Eclipse (solar)- the stream is pretty 13 worthy but the rest, idk about.
Here We Go- not entirely sure about this one either, it's dense but not that hard to read.
Magical 8bit dump- the trills, very few SDGs. A good possible candidate.
Grist- maybe, not really qualified to judge this because I can't read the bursts that well.
do i smile?- honestly, 13-worthy in my eyes but hasn't been out too long to really tell
Almost There- awkward as hell very fast stream

Others to consider (maybe I'm forgetting a few?)
J'ai
grind2
Rage Template
FREEDOM DiVE

~Zeta~ 01-4-2012 07:31 PM

Almost There definitely is close.

CP should be 13 if it's going to stay public.
might I add ranks should be erased and don't allow overlay. we all know that it's
practically double setup and unfair to legit players like dossar and me.

A Quick Death might be low end of FSO or high FGO.
Then again, CCCP/Schmollbluk can be top end FGO as well.

do i smile is a low fso, I think. it's pretty damn hard.

emulord 01-4-2012 08:26 PM

do i smile is freaking nuts. That was harder for me to mashFC than rave7. Right now rave7 and metro are easier than party4u v1 or omgwtfToken, so I think those inconsistencies should be resolved, probably in favor of upping the group to 13s. Anything that a D6 player can't AAA, and is very difficult to SDG should be 13.

I still feel that crowdpleaser should be an exception. Ignoring the top top players, most low-mid level players see it as a really really weird 10. They can pass the trill, can't FC, and thats just how it goes. 12

I see Mario 8 bit 80s as the hardest 1. Offbeats? omg

Winrar 01-4-2012 09:38 PM

12 (For Guru's Only)
High-End - Revolutionaly Etude

Just a minor error.

I'm quite sure that Fast Asleep should be put as high end VC so long as it's a 10. I still think that song is an 11, but that's for another thread.

jimerax 01-4-2012 10:00 PM

CP isn't FSO because it's not that difficult to nail 20-30 goods overall, although trills/some bursts are quite difficult to AAA/combo.
"AAA difficulty for high-tier players" isn't the only factor.

P4U is similar but a lot harsher due to many 0-framers, didn't care much since it's considered to be nostalgia joke file as a token. After you memorize all 0-framers it will be a lot easier.

TheSaxRunner05 01-4-2012 10:01 PM

Re: Rave7 [13 or 12?]

There are already better PA scores in Rave than DP, but it depends on where to want to draw the line for a 13. Should DP be the lowest 13, or should there be lower ones? Imo DP should be the cut off because it has been for so long

DossarLX ODI 01-4-2012 10:25 PM

I think this picture speaks for itself

Show me any FGO that compares to party4u v1. Revolutionary doesn't come close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3606980)
although trills/some bursts are quite difficult to AAA/combo.

Uh, that's all there is in that file lmfao

Wiz44rd 01-5-2012 11:22 AM

novo mundo should be very challenging, just sayin'

Arbliterator 01-5-2012 03:52 PM

Re: Rave7 [13 or 12?]

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3606742)
Rather than bump Rave7 down, I think we should bump a handful of the other highest 12s UP.
RATO as a high 13, DP as a mid 13, Rave7 and Metro as mid-low 13s, then the current highest 12s as low 13s seems to make a lot of sense.

100% agreed with this, would love to see more 13 files.

linebro 01-5-2012 04:52 PM

can we have a more detailed diffficulty level system - Thirdstyle is doing well with it. im not saying copy Thirdstyle im saying have a more that 13 point system in FFR. maybe out of 50

WTHaPOKEMON 01-6-2012 02:10 PM

i think that death piano should be bumped down a little bit, it just requires you to tap very repetitively on the keyboard, which, i think many ppl would find quite easy.

DossarLX ODI 01-6-2012 06:15 PM

I'll get a list of high-end FGO cutoffs and ask if you guys agree with it, as well as a list of 13s.

This is for better use of difficulty 13. Do not use "Death Piano" as a low cutoff in this discussion.

Here we go

Difficulty 13

A Quick Death
Husigi Usagi Milk Tei
Crowdpleaser
do i smile?
Rave7
Revolutionary Etude
Death Piano
Reluctantly Accepting Temporary Overexhaustion
party 4u -holy nite mix- v1

*OMGWTFT0k3N was not included in the 13 list because another file is planned to replace it.

High-End Difficulty 12

Magical 8bit tour
Grist
grind2
Schmollbluk
Almost There
Counter Clockwise Chant Pattern
FREEDOM DiVE
Eclipse (solar)

bballa48 01-6-2012 10:57 PM

Dossar, I really like your list. I feel like you and I are always thinking alike when it comes to difficulties.

My only suggestions (and I am not very confident in these changes) are:

1) Move A Quick Death down to a high 12. It is brutal, yes, but really nothing that screams 13 to me. Furthermore, it is the only song on that 13 list that is simple to FC (mashing that is, it is tough when trying to PA).
2) Add some songs to the high end 12s, namely: Scrap Syndrome, Slashmaid, and Rain. There are probably others but those immediately come to mind. Maybe Jai Envie as well.

Also, for the love of God please no more mentioning DP as being simple in any way. It, along with RATO (and P4Uv1, but that song is just stupid), is in an entirely different league than every other 13 (and 13 candidate). It isn't even close.