Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   people, honestly emo is not a label its a type of music (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=69009)

Nyokou 05-26-2007 02:06 AM

Re: people, honestly emo is not a label its a type of music

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minion133 (Post 1547158)
tashia[[is dead]], sounds pretty emo

QFT

If you want people to stop calling you emo, then take those damn bandannas off your head and stop making depressing screen names. Whiny.

Velious 05-26-2007 03:22 AM

emo argument

wow

kill yourselves

Chrissi 05-26-2007 10:41 AM

To be honest....

I'm old-school emo. I cut myself before anyone had ever used the term "emo" to describe those who cut themselves. But this was like, for a year, when I was a teenager. God I hate teenagers. At the time, it was a "deep" way of expressing the idea that since I couldn't control how I felt inside, I'd control how I felt outside, which meant, cause me pain, and cause me to feel something. I'm sure that's the idea going through a lot of emo's heads. But now that the whole thing has been trivialized into one big joke, well, trying to derive any deep meaning out of it is laughable.

in other news they changed ice punch attack in pokemon from phisical attak to special attack because it not actually a real punch jus ice this is good becaus ice punch never really phisical im glad they got it right

purebloodtexan 05-26-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smok3y (Post 1548748)
Ok... honestly, when wikipedia recognizes it, you can't deny that the word has evolved.

QFT. We need to get the Algorithm March on Wikipedia sometime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrissi
To be honest....

I'm old-school emo. I cut myself before anyone had ever used the term "emo" to describe those who cut themselves. But this was like, for a year, when I was a teenager. God I hate teenagers. At the time, it was a "deep" way of expressing the idea that since I couldn't control how I felt inside, I'd control how I felt outside, which meant, cause me pain, and cause me to feel something. I'm sure that's the idea going through a lot of emo's heads. But now that the whole thing has been trivialized into one big joke, well, trying to derive any deep meaning out of it is laughable.

in other news they changed ice punch attack in pokemon from phisical attak to special attack because it not actually a real punch jus ice this is good becaus ice punch never really phisical im glad they got it right

I still love all members of TGB.

Panic4Me 05-26-2007 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purebloodtexan (Post 1547216)
It's been mentioned that most emos cut themselves and usually act depressed when they probably have the best home life. So if this is how y'all act now, I'm curious as to what y'all would do if a disaster occured, and what you would use to cut yourself.

really, that is something i would agree with partially, there are ''emo'' people that i've met, and really, their home life is actually pretty good compared to some stuff i've seen, and experienced. some just find the least little thing wrong and build upon it to try and give them a reason to be depressed. i think it's kinda sad when i see that. i mean, some may be all upset when they dont get something they want, or one little thing happens. and seriously, some reasons they come up with are retarded. personal experience and a reason to feel that way: both of my parents died, and i am somewhat ''emo'' if i had a label. doesn't mean i walk around feelin all depressed all the time and using that as a reason. when u take something like that and use it as a reason to be depressed or whatever, you're basically just letting everyone know something that's wrong, and opening yourself for other people's pitty. i mean really, have a good reason if you're going to say you're ''emo'' and depressed.
and just to be clear, im not trying to put down any ''emo'' kids or talk bad about them or nothing. so yea...i'm done

purebloodtexan 05-26-2007 11:10 AM

Also, any TGB members remember this thread?

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=63798

g4z33b0 05-26-2007 11:11 AM

Why is this still in Chit Chat? How could anyone forget that thread?

And if emo is a music genre then stop trying to be a music genre.

FFR - 1 vs. tashia[[is emo]] - 0 GG.

/wrists for emphasis

tashia[[is dead]] 05-26-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g4z33b0 (Post 1549080)
Why is this still in Chit Chat? How could anyone forget that thread?

And if emo is a music genre then stop trying to be a music genre.

FFR - 1 vs. tashia[[is emo]] - 0 GG.

/wrists for emphasis

you cant honestly call me emo. im not emo.

purebloodtexan 05-26-2007 04:13 PM

Then I have a few questions:

1) Why are you posting this thread if you're not emo?
2)
Quote:

i love cold nights
Quote:

haha im pretty lame other wise
Quote:

Interests: moshing. music. mac'n cheese. bubble tape. photography. walking. boys. love. coke zero. pandas. sleeping. rain. storms. ramen. sitting in the middle of the road. reading. writting.string cheese. veggie pizza. you. febreze. texting.
You're definitely bordering on emo.

pntballa18 05-26-2007 04:14 PM

Bubble tape is gross =\

Nyokou 05-26-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tashia[[is dead]] (Post 1549769)

Your god damn screen name says otherwise.

Or is it just for attention?

pntballa18 05-26-2007 04:15 PM

Sitting in the middle of the road is gross =\

QT-kenny 05-26-2007 05:19 PM

yeah emo is really not a label its music like the used= the bird and the worm

FluorescentArmy 05-26-2007 05:28 PM

"Emo" is a teenage fad that needs to die. The "emo" music lacks any skill in the composition of it at all. A bunch of angsty teenages wrote it, I mean come on, what else could it be about besides how they are "hated" and "misunderstood by society". No, you just don't understand society. We don't care how you feel, we don't care what you do to yourself, we don't care how much you want attention, we just don't care. Stop being such a ****ing pussy and realize that if you want people to respect you, you've got to ****ing do something for them to respect you for. Sitting around and bitching about life isn't something respectable. Your screen name says tashia[[is dead]]. You're obviously alive enough to post this so I assume you mean you are dead to society or someone "special". No. It's stupid to become so attached to something that you feel dead once it leaves you. Everything dies, and until you prove it's existence, Heaven is bull****. On the note of being dead to society, the whole anti-social thing that's associated with emo is just lame. As previously mentioned, we don't care how non-friendly you are, it just makes us pissed off. I don't care how loud you can talk between songs at the shows. Personally, I feel the urge to rip every one of your throats out just for this. I come to the show for music. You come out of social desperation or to "non-conform". You can't non-conform. Everyone conforms. Look at you, a bunch of "non-conformers" coming together to non-conform. Sort of sounds like conformation to me.

/rant

bluguerrilla 05-26-2007 05:33 PM

I miss the good ole days when "Q and not U" was emo and there wasn't much else in the category.

ChaosMaster1 05-26-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tashia[[is dead]] (Post 1549769)

Your friends look emo/goth/punk rock, and you look somewhat emo.
Plus your background is pink and black(most common emo colors at my school)

You really need to meet RB_Dreamscanner, thats a real emo if i've seen one!

_GunShotAmy_ 05-26-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purebloodtexan (Post 1549778)
Then I have a few questions:

1) Why are you posting this thread if you're not emo?
2)

You're definitely bordering on emo.

dude, shes not bordering on emo. people dont have to be emo to like to mosh and stuff. Must emos dont have black and pink backrounds, you just think it. Just because of her screen name doesnt have anything to do with anything, maybe its a joke between her friends. do you know that? No you dont, so dont assume she's emo, when you dont know her, or one bit of her.

_GunShotAmy_ 05-26-2007 06:02 PM

Your friends look emo/goth/punk rock, and you look somewhat emo.
Plus your background is pink and black(most common emo colors at my school)

You really need to meet RB_Dreamscanner, thats a real emo if i've seen one!

just because her friends look emo or whatever you want to say, doesnt mean she is.

fido123 05-26-2007 06:03 PM

Emo=Depressing monotonic slow-beat music, very chromatic

Poser-Emo (damn you tweens) = MCR, FOB and many more bands...god I loath those tweens so damn much!!!

Your thinking of poser-emo probably which really go under pop-rock.

spinal_compression 05-26-2007 06:05 PM

Guys the threadstarter is right.

IMO
Emo = Emotionally challenged music.

Many people think...
Emo = Emotionally challenged MySpace kids who like to feel sorry for themselves instead of...

I'll stop there and save the next 30 seconds of my life for something more useful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fido123 (Post 1549967)
Poser-Emo (damn you tweens) = MCR, FOB and many more bands...god I loath those tweens so damn much!!!

Yes. In that case i've never seen an true emo band and just poser emo bands.