Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Who influenced you on FFR and how? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140704)

Mahou 01-29-2015 12:41 PM

Who influenced you on FFR and how?

Who on FFR inspired you to get better? Who made you strive to push you beyond your limit? Who do you have lots of respect for? I'm curious.

For me:
One winged Angel: probably the first well known pro I've talked to. Amazing Accuracy and we'll rounded player.
Zyphoror: best bud and great SM player.
Choof: great sm player, keeps it real. Probably 3rd favorite d7 player.
Ilikexd: before he got carpall, he was amazingly fast and hit d7 pretty quickly.
Etiennesm: surprised me and makes me happy to see that he dominates in many different playing styles.

Xayphon 01-29-2015 12:54 PM

Re: Who influenced you on FFR and how?

-Laggy- used to inspire me the most

edit: also leonid (around 2011-2012ish or so), first guy I was seriously competing with in terms of skill level, but I ended up loosing as he astronomically skill boosted himself to another dimension or something

at that point I just kept trying to push myself

_Zenith_ 01-29-2015 01:08 PM

For me, it wasn't any elite player because back in the day they never really shared their knowledge unlike today where most of D7 would give you insight on any problems you might face during improvement.

Players who I have met during tournaments like sanzath, dell2150, megamon88, etc have helped me all improve because they would constantly poke and nudge me to improve on scores that I could improve but felt like I couldn't. They made it challenging and fun at the same time.

Mahou 01-29-2015 01:16 PM

Xayphon, I forgot to put your name in the box. You were still playing FFR when I joined this community and I believe you quit SM right around that time as well.

I wish that there were more people I could look up too. Having someone there makes me push myself and most of the people who look up to rarely even play FFR as much as they used to; but that's life.

rushyrulz 01-29-2015 01:23 PM

NSane was probably my biggest influence on FFR. We IMed over AIM every day for probably 2-3 years sharing scores etc.

SKG_Scintill 01-29-2015 01:32 PM

TC_Halogen, because I wanted to be in the TC team. That worked out.

blindreper1179 01-29-2015 01:34 PM

I am my role model, hence why I don't get better.

Mahou 01-29-2015 01:35 PM

Oh yeah. Tera played a huge role too. I believe he was the first pro I heard of when I actively joined, but I didn't get to message him because he was on hiatus during that time. I actually bought his keyboard when I first joined, but I ended up getting something different. Then I just transferred over to mechs.

Charu 01-29-2015 01:52 PM

Would have to be Halogen for me.

I just remember really aspiring to be like Halogen, heh.

Mahou 01-29-2015 01:55 PM

Charu, you're the man.

Guest15937 01-29-2015 01:56 PM

Bynary Fission

Fantasticone 01-29-2015 02:31 PM

Bahamut-X

Deadlyx39 01-29-2015 02:31 PM

My inspirations come a bit from not too long ago, mostly because when I was playing on my old account back in '08-'09 I didn't know anyone. The only influence I have from back then is my sister, and that was just so I could be better than her.

Since I came back, my main influences have been Ilyair and Portalbob340, mainly because they were the two to push me to play on the spread setup, as I had played 4, 8, 6, 0 on my keypad beforehand.

For competitive influences, probably Funiax, mainly because I see his scores and I envision to try and be better than him.

psychoangel691 01-29-2015 02:39 PM

It wasn't one specific person for me, it was having Dragon's Fury. When it first came together everyone was super supportive and there was always friendly competition going on. That drove me to want to get better. I started losing interest in the game once the team died out and a lot of those people disappeared.

iCeCuBEz v2 01-29-2015 02:50 PM

anyone better than me

which is a lot of people

badman7772 01-29-2015 02:55 PM

I was never one to be inspired by the legends to get better. I just kinda played as well as I could and never gave a damn. Other hobbies though I'm that way, but FFR, not so much.

mrpreggers 01-29-2015 03:06 PM

arch0wl's 1.3 quasar AAA got me started
-laggeh-'s FGO AAAs made me want to get better
same with Elite Ninja's videos
kmay was a really good rival before the site crash
a japanese user i can't remember the name of (really bummed out about that) showed me how fun dumps are and how much they can help you improve
o2jam_guy taught me how to be fckin mcdonald king

Buta-san 01-29-2015 03:32 PM

AutotelicBrown, sorie or any other newbie that gets top 50 within 6 months or so. Idk if these people, already having rhythm game experience, come and bust er ones booty or if they just happen to find interest in ffr and rhythm gaming and still bust er ones asses.

Because of this, I try once in awhile to get better. But every time I do, I realize how much I suck.

gold stinger 01-29-2015 03:45 PM

Team Pony encouraged me to post on the forums & get to where I am now in terms of skill, because we started becoming represents in the official tournaments (and I did really well in my first tournament).

After that it was a majority of top players Dossar Staiain GammaBlaster OWA Brandon & Choof to name a few.

MissouriQueen 01-29-2015 04:23 PM

Shashakiro with his destiny video, what a good memory:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2dnBklHBmsY