Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

Velocity 12-17-2010 11:23 AM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3372102)
Instead of making that part of the database can't you just put that in the replay text?

That's what I mean.

Shikari 12-17-2010 05:04 PM

Not a great deal, but maybe it'll be good for profiles: Raising filesize limit from 512KB to, I don't know, 1 MB. Or a 700-ish number.

Izzy 12-17-2010 05:20 PM

Velocity says there has been storage space issues recently. I think limiting file sizes is one of the easiest ways to combat this problem. Probably wont change until they have a ton of extra space.

TC_Halogen 12-17-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shikari (Post 3372488)
Not a great deal, but maybe it'll be good for profiles: Raising filesize limit from 512KB to, I don't know, 1 MB. Or a 700-ish number.

You can use JPEGs for profiles too - the one on my profile is pretty detailed but it's only around 470KB.

I heard from someone on staff that there was going to be plans on some sort of a storage expansion to 3TB total space?

Shikari 12-17-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3372516)
You can use JPEGs for profiles too - the one on my profile is pretty detailed but it's only around 470KB.

Yeah, I thought JPEGs were smaller than PNGs, but I was wrong. That profile image I showed at DF's chatroom is bigger at JPEG than PNG, but I'll try it anyway.

foxfire667 compressed this image to 507 KB, but FFR keeps saying that "filesize is too large".

Izzy 12-17-2010 06:07 PM

In general jpegs are smaller file sizes then equivalent uncompressed png's, but isn't always true.

jimerax 12-17-2010 07:18 PM

usually pngs look a lot better than jpgs though.

spm515 12-17-2010 11:24 PM

Just had a good idea but the coding involved might be complicated. Make a varient on the auto-fail system that deals with points instead of accuracy. I.E. I'm in a tourney and need to get x amount of points to stay in. I set the point autofail to that amount and if at any point in the song it is no longer possible to acheive that goal it quits.

Izzy 12-17-2010 11:30 PM

I could write the psuedo code for that if we used Raw Score...

Velocity 12-17-2010 11:50 PM

My engine already has points autofail.

bmah 12-17-2010 11:56 PM

For some reason, if I press the enter key when using the search function for Velo's engine, then try to search a song, my results will always remain blank. That is, until I either restart the engine or play a song and go back to the main menu. (I pressed the enter key because I thought that would execute my search, but it doesn't.)

Also, the arrow buttons when scrolling through the genre wheel seem less responsive; I have to click a few times (or click within a few seconds of each other).

Finally, if you were looking through the settings menu while you are loading a song, and that song loads, the game will commence, despite the fact that the settings menu is still in the way. You can't remove the settings menu until you press the "settings" button again which is only available at the main menu. If one hasn't decided on the settings, the settings menu should disappear if a song has loaded (presumably with the previous settings you've had).

XCV 12-18-2010 01:03 AM

(past most of the boring object-creation)

NumGoods * 25 + (NumAvgs + NumMisses) * 40 + NumBoos * 5 = CurrentScoreDeficit
Lbl thisdoesn'tneedaname
If Keytap {
NumArrows * 50 - CurrentRawScore = ScoreDeficit
If ScoreDeficit > MaxScoreDeficit {
Fail()
}
}
Goto thisdoesn'tneedaname

Some minor errors in the code, I'm sure, and it's written in some bat**** combo of calculator BASIC and JS, which is the way I think, but eh the idea gets across

Course, if Velocity just copies and pastes whatever he does in his engine, then that's totally unnecessary.

Izzy 12-18-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3372811)

But I don't think it's the way he is asking. His idea is rather complicated.

spm515 12-18-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3372811)

I don't quite get how it works though. I tested on 'Infection'. The AAA score being 886450. So I set the points autofail to 886449, meaning that if I get anything less that perfect it should fail me, but it didn't. Conversely I set is to 10,000 and reached that amount and also didn't fail like the accuracy autofail would.

Edit: How would this coding work as far as lag btw? Running a multistep calculation at every keystroke can't be good. vROFL is gonna start crashing computers.

Izzy 12-18-2010 01:53 AM

Once the game is loaded it is running from your own cpu. It would be a negligible amount of calculation for any computer made in the past 5 years. It could easily lag on older computers though.

duddychuck@yahoo.com 12-18-2010 03:02 AM

6 key engine please :D

colt.45 12-18-2010 03:48 AM

Just a suggestion but maybe, the amount of arrows we've hit TOTAL, out of all of our games ever played.

Not sure if this would be possible at this point, but just an idea!

Velocity 12-18-2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3372825)
For some reason, if I press the enter key when using the search function for Velo's engine, then try to search a song, my results will always remain blank. That is, until I either restart the engine or play a song and go back to the main menu. (I pressed the enter key because I thought that would execute my search, but it doesn't.)

Also, the arrow buttons when scrolling through the genre wheel seem less responsive; I have to click a few times (or click within a few seconds of each other).

Finally, if you were looking through the settings menu while you are loading a song, and that song loads, the game will commence, despite the fact that the settings menu is still in the way. You can't remove the settings menu until you press the "settings" button again which is only available at the main menu. If one hasn't decided on the settings, the settings menu should disappear if a song has loaded (presumably with the previous settings you've had).

I haven't added enter key search as you stated, the reason why it fails after using a enter key, is it's trying to match songs including the line break.

Genre arrows have indeed slowed down, not sure what's causing it, but I'll look into when I get home.

The autoclose of settings broke at one point and needs to be fixed, should be easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spm515 (Post 3372896)
I don't quite get how it works though. I tested on 'Infection'. The AAA score being 886450. So I set the points autofail to 886449, meaning that if I get anything less that perfect it should fail me, but it didn't. Conversely I set is to 10,000 and reached that amount and also didn't fail like the accuracy autofail would.

Score is done differently, it's a total amount that you have missed in raw scoring, one way to view this is to hover over the score while playing a song to display the raw score missed. This is also the number that shows up on the score screen as missed. If you were to set the score fail to 1, you would fail out for anything besides perfects as anything else adds to the lost total.

8 Hour Whore 12-18-2010 07:09 AM

I want that Perfect/Good/Avg/Miss/Boo pull down on the replays to be implemented in the real thing.. Make it optional or something.. Would be awesome cause I fail at seeing my goods cause I actually have to read "good" in order to know it happened.

Velocity 12-18-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 3373106)
I want that Perfect/Good/Avg/Miss/Boo pull down on the replays to be implemented in the real thing.. Make it optional or something.. Would be awesome cause I fail at seeing my goods cause I actually have to read "good" in order to know it happened.

Both replays and the engine use the same swf. In the settings it's called "PA Window"