Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Rushy's Carnival! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=97248)

Commandersa1 08-6-2008 02:00 AM

Re: Rushy's Carnival!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 2446823)
this is assuming i submit.

You better submit... -__-

My only motivation to actually try in this tourney is to beat you in a flash game tourney. D:

Tasselfoot 08-6-2008 04:00 AM

why would i want to motivate you? besides... there are no puzzles. therefore, it isn't my true specialty.... which is tournaments that involve both. i'm vulnerable in just flash games. haven't come close to losing in one that involves both. destroyed in omnipwn, both CTs, polymath, and fun/kjw's. fractal's was way too close for my liking. and i don't really remember what happened in house's... cause it sucked.

XUioX 08-6-2008 07:19 AM

Ill join

rushyrulz 08-6-2008 11:17 AM

No, I meant bets! ALL PRIZES WILL GO THRU GAMBLING! lol thanks, guys. I'll change it. Tass, there will be puzzles too. I guarantee it. Flash games is just my way of saying assorted games on Kongregate. Everyone who's thinking about joining should join. This tournament isn't like some humdrum whore an FFR song tournament. I actually have some really fun games in store, what does it hurt? There's no fee to join, you don't have to be uber competitive, but if you want to be, you might win some credits.

I'm paying out to 6th place btw. There will be tiebreakers if needed. This tournament will go on until someone reaches 100 points. When that happens, it's over and I pay out.

Tasselfoot 08-6-2008 12:52 PM

i don't mean puzzle games. since there are a million walkthroughs for everyone of those... a 3 year old could beat the hardest puzzle flash game. i mean PUZZLES. like in the tournaments i listed.

and having it go until someone reaches x value isn't a very good way of running it... what if you have someone who wants to submit at the end, or gets to the event late but could compete still? yet they're blocked out randomly by someone who reaches 100 before they can? it's much easier to track for everyone if it's a set # of rounds. i'm assuming at least 10, given the 100 points for 1st.

edit: also, your wording is weird... you say round 1 ends on the 12th... does it actually END? or is it just that round 2 STARTS on the 12th/13th? aka, do the rounds actually end, or could i submit a round 1 score during round 6?

rushyrulz 08-6-2008 03:08 PM

It ends. The scoring would be unfair if someone joins in off the street and starts getting 10 points on every round because there's no competition. The only reason I'm allowing people to come in at any time is just for the fun of the tournament. I'm not going to give a prize to someone who joined in round 5. I'm advertising this in my signature so that more people join and I'm giving people a week to get in with the leading group, its just like a normal tournament, except I'm just allowing people to join late.

Not to mention the amount of people complaining if someone came in and won the tournament after they joined in round 3.

My format stands.

Commandersa1 08-6-2008 03:25 PM

I'm not going to let someone who joins this tourney late, beat me. ;)

Xandertrax 08-6-2008 06:18 PM

I'm joining now. Will post scores later.

Tasselfoot 08-6-2008 06:36 PM

meh. not a fan of flash game tournaments where the rounds end. if nobody is being eliminated, there's no reason to end a round.

whatever... to submit or not to submit, that is the question.

Xandertrax 08-6-2008 08:24 PM

Will improve later.

tangomango 08-6-2008 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
slight improvement =)

Fractal_Monkey 08-7-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 2439180)
You can join in whenever you want

Hi. Need some gaming fodder?

rushyrulz 08-7-2008 09:53 AM

lol get 6 shots in a row like this and you'll win!

Kynosaur 08-7-2008 04:54 PM

In - when does this round finish?

FrozenAngel91 08-7-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kynosaur (Post 2455763)
In - when does this round finish?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 2439180)

This tournament starts right now. You can join in whenever you want, but you will start with 0 points. The end of round 1 is on August 12, exactly one week from now.

There you go :P

hi_top 08-7-2008 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in.

Kynosaur 08-7-2008 11:49 PM

Oh yeah, thanks Frozen.

I read that the first time I visited the thread, but forgot it, then missed it the second time >.<

FrozenAngel91 08-7-2008 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kynosaur (Post 2457374)
Oh yeah, thanks Frozen.

I read that the first time I visited the thread, but forgot it, then missed it the second time >.<

Yeah, I make stupid mistakes like that all the time too. Your score better be better then mine, I need something to shoot for :P.

tangomango 08-8-2008 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't get how you can get 90K.

Commandersa1 08-8-2008 01:31 AM

Long rounds are boring when you get a good score in the first 30 minutes of the round. :(