Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The PS3 Is Here. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=26009)

Chromer 05-16-2005 04:05 PM

The PS3 Is Here.

Yes people, the link below shows what the new PS3 will look and be like. Personally, I almost blew a load but I have enough restraint. So discuss and talk about how kickass it's going to be. :)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614619p1.html?fromint=1

blargherness 05-16-2005 04:15 PM

RE: The PS3 Is Here.

i think it looks ugly, for a game console, but i can tell its gonna be wicked big. it looks like a mix between a scanner and a printer...(no not a photocopy machine....actually it kinda does...........except for it being so small. but im just weird to see that.)

jewpinthethird 05-16-2005 04:28 PM

Why are all the console companies making their consoles white?! It's pissing me off. All my electronic products are black. Black TV, black computer case/keyboard/speakers/monitor, black vcr, ps2, black GT4 logitech steering wheel...why the hell are they suddenly changing everything to white?

I dont care much for the design of the PS3 either. What's all this round top jazz? Electornics are supposed to be angular and cold...lacking personality.

Chromer 05-16-2005 04:33 PM

It's also in silver and black Jewpin so don't worry. And it could change like the PSP did.

deposition 05-16-2005 04:50 PM

Too bad the CPU is only 3.2GHs.. I thought Sony's PS3 with its cell technology would do better.

lightdarkness 05-16-2005 04:54 PM

Even though it's one 3.2, it out performs the XBox 360's 3 processors.

PS3 = 2.18 Teraflops
XB = 1 Tereflop.

Welltall 05-16-2005 04:59 PM

Damn sexy, damn sexy indeed.

Musical_Master 05-16-2005 04:59 PM

Impressive.

Seven controllers is sorta over-doing it, though.

suicidalmuskrat 05-16-2005 05:10 PM

not bad. I like to be able to stack my systems. And I would've liked to see what they think the price point will be, although I certainly knew they wouldn't. It looks great, but I'm almost certain I won't buy one, not for quite a while at least. (unless the Revolution completely blows, in which case I'll start saving now for a PS3)...that controller looks retarded. Sorry, but it really does. Also, does anyone have a link to some video of this? Or are there any dimensions given anywhere? If it's small, then that's good.

Moogy 05-16-2005 05:19 PM

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/playsta...of-blue-103703

CPU: Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for edundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU: RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)

Memory:
256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth:
Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM: 22.4GB/s
RSX: 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)
SB: 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance: 2 TFLOPS

Storage: HDD - Detachable 2.5” HDD slot x 1

I/O: USB: Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick: standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD: standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash: (Type I, II) x 1

Communication: Ethernet - 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller:
Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP)
Network (over IP)

AV Output
Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
HDMI: HDMI out x 2
Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc media: CD, PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R,CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side), PlayStation2 DVD-ROM, PLAYSTATION3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PLAYSTATION3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

dancingmaniac3 05-16-2005 05:40 PM

holy crap. it came out 10 x cooler than any of those "designs" that people estimated it woud be like. Its simple on the outside, yet powerful and extremely advanced in technology on the outside. Once again, Sony > Microsoft in game console. Period.

UbEr_RaVe 05-16-2005 05:42 PM

It's gonna kick ass.

Moogy 05-16-2005 05:52 PM

Re: RE: The PS3 Is Here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancingmaniac3
holy crap. it came out 10 x cooler than any of those "designs" that people estimated it woud be like. Its simple on the outside, yet powerful and extremely advanced in technology on the outside. Once again, Sony > Microsoft in game console. Period.

Revolution will still be better.

Nintendo > All.

blargherness 05-16-2005 06:07 PM

RE: Re: RE: The PS3 Is Here.

Quote:

Revolution will still be better.

Nintendo > All.
you have no idea how much i agree with that :P ya know...unless then your being sarcastic...then i dont.....

UbEr_RaVe 05-16-2005 06:09 PM

RE: Re: RE: The PS3 Is Here.

Nintendo is better than all of 'em, but Sony is better than Microsoft.

BTW, Revolution = Fake.

flcloutlaw 05-16-2005 06:25 PM

Nintendo used to to greater than all gaming companies but there falling behind....i mean DS sucks, the only fun game on it is wario ware touched and obviously mario DS is good because Mario 64 owned. i must say N64 and models before that were AMAZING!! and gba's sucked...gba with the backlight was good. but off of nintendo. SONY WILL ALWAYS AND FOREVER BE 10 X BETTER THAN ANY MICROSOFT PORDUCT!!! and the controllers for the PS3 are just horrible...the handles on them are way to big, sony is trying to hard to make them "sleak". If i do get PS3 ill prolly end up usen my PS2 controllers because they just seem more conveinent. XBox 360 looks really bad...good graphics but i still DESPISE XBox controllers. ulch i think we should all decide on the perfect controller design and send it to all gaming company's i say the PS2 controllers are the best who agrees?

Anticrombie0909 05-16-2005 06:37 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW

WE WILL HAVE NO GODAMN FANBOYISM IN THIS THREAD

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A FANBOY THREAD, GO MAKE A THREAD TITLED "WHAT DO U THINK WILL B TEH BEST LOL", WHEREIN I WILL PROMPTLY FLAME YOU

As for the PS3. The design is actually quite sexy- I like it. I'm also liking the Wi-Fi compatibility with PSPs- I can see some real options opening up with that. The controller design makes me cry, though. That thing looks damn uncomfortable. I would be perfectly happy just using another iteration of the Dualshock- seriously, they're some of the best controllers ever made.

jewpinthethird 05-16-2005 06:59 PM

Re: RE: The PS3 Is Here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromer
It's also in silver and black Jewpin so don't worry. And it could change like the PSP did.

Cool! Now it's even more like the George Foreman grill!

I still dont like the design. It's like they gave their PStwo a helmet. Eh, but it isnt how good the actual console itself looks, it's how good the games are. It's just kind of a disappointment, the PSP was so beautiful, perhaps they used all their design talent designing the PSP.

magister_negi_magi 05-16-2005 08:45 PM

Blargherness was right, it looks a lot like a scanner...Does anybody have any idea how much these next-gen systems will cost?