Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stepping Stones of Stepmania released! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=136065)

intensez 03-29-2014 10:13 PM

Stepping Stones of Stepmania released!

Huge props to the original judges and Kraezy for getting this pack completely done! All others who helped make this pack happen thank you for your help.

I present.. Stepping Stones of Stepmania! Only delayed by what felt like a year lol!

File list:

Download Link(s)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/tcj70f
https://mega.co.nz/#!nppikYCT!mMjvj3...Qta0lSUHQKjCq0

Download Fix for Hajimari No Resolution

If you want to add another mirror be my guest

Have an enjoy; also remember the intention of this pack was to attempt to cater to NEW players. The challenge/heavy charts of a majority of these files cater to the players who have played for a while or excel at this tap tap nonsense. The "value" of each difficulty was not determined by me nor did I edit them so do not expect them all to be completely accurate. Thanks n enjoys

ps im sure theres some old sms thrown around on the charts. if this is the case private message me a link with the updated sm and i can make a "patch" link for those who want this pack with the intended sms

ilikexd 03-29-2014 10:17 PM

Re: Stepping Stones of Stepmania released!

1nd

yayy dlin

rCaliberGX 03-29-2014 10:32 PM

2st

time to play and cringe at my old files

edit: i cringed

Wafles 03-29-2014 10:52 PM

this'll be cool for a lot of people, good job finally getting this out :)

Riotpolice 03-29-2014 10:56 PM

downloading

ReikonKeiri 03-30-2014 01:00 AM

I have to be honest I'm disappointed with the overall difficulty of the pack. Just cause Staiain would fall asleep playing it doesn't make it easy. I'd rate most of these charts as VCs on FFRs scale. Granted the songs are mostly really fun for me I don't see beginners enjoying this pack at all lol. Looking back it's weird that I thought my two submissions might be too hard as they feel like they're in the easier half of the songs.

That said Ganryu is a fucking legend chart omfg. I thought I was the only one that knew Miyavi existed and to be stepped by my favorite stepartist holy shit. It's so god damn fun its ridiculous.

Also Want U Back has always been one of my favorite files, but I think I like the v1 more lol.

Still need to play some more of the files.

ilikexd 03-30-2014 01:07 AM

i hope horizon variations was the easiest

rCaliberGX 03-30-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReikonKeiri (Post 4107442)
I have to be honest I'm disappointed with the overall difficulty of the pack. Just cause Staiain would fall asleep playing it doesn't make it easy. I'd rate most of these charts as VCs on FFRs scale. Granted the songs are mostly really fun for me I don't see beginners enjoying this pack at all lol. Looking back it's weird that I thought my two submissions might be too hard as they feel like they're in the easier half of the songs.

That said Ganryu is a fucking legend chart omfg. I thought I was the only one that knew Miyavi existed and to be stepped by my favorite stepartist holy shit. It's so god damn fun its ridiculous.

Also Want U Back has always been one of my favorite files, but I think I like the v1 more lol.

Still need to play some more of the files.

i actually asked ji to remove all my files from the pack and now we have this lol. i think all of the harder files in this pack are from me :/

SpoOkyMagician 03-30-2014 03:34 AM

Err...

* finds second topic *

Oh... Whoops... I see what happened... Oh well... *downloads anyway*

~ SpoOkyMagician

Alioth 03-30-2014 06:39 AM

Mega Link for SSoS. The pack is pretty fun :D

XelNya 03-30-2014 07:08 AM

Sigh Hajimari is the wrong copy and I don't possess the real one. That's a major let down. I was looking forward to obtaining the real copy. Either that or my computer is just load retarded. I don't know what it was but the copy Ji ended up sending me never worked and I had overrode my copy of it.

I ended up making a lot of changes to it and it was one of my best :/

Oh well. I'll give this pack a whirl sometime before work soon or on my weekend.

Kraezymann 03-30-2014 09:24 AM

Oh yes! Downloading right now, and playing this afternoon!

Glad it's finally released. I hope no one has given up on the pack!

moches 03-30-2014 10:03 AM

omfg yes

downloading (and sharing with my friend who's beginner-level Stepmanian :D)

j-rodd123 03-30-2014 10:06 AM

lol this pack that took that long only has that many files, good job

moches 03-30-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4107528)
lol this pack that took that long only has that many files, good job

hey, a release is a release! :P

PrawnSkunk 03-30-2014 02:03 PM

Sannin No Dragon Slayer has an incorrectly named banner and background. Someone might want to make a sweep to make sure every file is paired correctly.

dAnceguy117 03-30-2014 02:16 PM

downnnloadinggg

Kraezymann 03-30-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 4107594)
Sannin No Dragon Slayer has an incorrectly named banner and background. Someone might want to make a sweep to make sure every file is paired correctly.

I see that. A few of them aren't up to snuff. The graphics are all there but the files don't have the paths in them. I'll fix them up and re-release.

EDIT: Wow there are actually some with paths to graphics that don't exist.

moches 03-31-2014 12:06 PM

Faint is fun as fuck, holy shit

will report back after playing more files

moches 03-31-2014 10:51 PM

A Broken Heart Can Mend - really chill file, great for practicing hands and 24th bursts. pretty fun

Across The Nightmare - fun! once it got to all of the solos it got pretty interesting.

Adept - really sexy, even if it takes a while to get going. maybe a little hard for beginners (side-eyeing the 24th trill and the 32nds)

Always Yours - see above. super fun - this is basically Chiptune Superstar's cuter little cousin - but gets a little intense near the end

Blah Blah Blah - just show me where your dick is aaaaaattttt (ps I actually prefer the easier chart a little)

Clumsy Thoughts - this file makes me so happy. it's just so cute

Daybreak - beautiful. i teared. Fission makes fantastic piano files

Faint - YES. ALL OF IT. it's more geared towards intermediate players in my view, but still fun as fuck.

Favorite Daughter - short and sweet. not a particularly technical file, but the flow throughout feels okay. jacks at the end are a nice attempt at climax theory, but perhaps inappropriate in the context of a beginners' file - or maybe completely appropriate since they'll give people motivation to play through again!

Feel The Flow - holy fuck Kaneh this is really fun - the minijacks going to the drums in particular made me bounce up and down in my seat. gets a little hard near the end

Flower Flag - not as fun as Feel The Flow but still solid. nice layering choices, nice rhythms