Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Art and stuff v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=139594)

Renevatia 11-1-2014 03:39 PM

Art and stuff v2

Seems like its so hard to get critiques these days on the internet. Is there an oversaturation of digital artists now?
Or is there another interactive medium that I should be on besides deviantart ?
What do people use these days anyway? Help please, so ronery.

Update (more recent stuff that I like)______

Wayward Vagabond 11-1-2014 03:41 PM

Re: Art and stuff v2

i actually dont know if there is anything besides deviantart. i mean there are subforums for art in various sites but i dont think ive come across anything thats like deviant art where the sole purpose of the site is art.

not getting critique sucks though i know what you mean

noname219 11-1-2014 03:49 PM

I've seen a lot of professionals use Behance to post their portfolio and keep contact using LinkedIn and/or Facebook. Oh and Instagram too.

Renevatia 11-1-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4227264)
I've seen a lot of professionals use Behance to post their portfolio and keep contact using LinkedIn and/or Facebook. Oh and Instagram too.

I do use facebook, no one ever bothers to look at it. Maybe its because i suck at socializing/ marketing, I guess I never felt like it was a crucial thing.

edit:

Updated OP with some of the more recent stuff. Ive been slowly trying to move back to slightly anime style drawing...again. Ive always wanted to, but just didnt feel like I had enough skill to do it before.(also kind of a homage to where I started).

Wayward Vagabond 11-2-2014 12:21 PM

those headphones look really really good

Zageron 11-2-2014 02:15 PM

http://www.cgsociety.org/
largest on internet

Renevatia 11-2-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4227574)
those headphones look really really good

Thanks ;o, they also sound pretty good lol.

Will be streaming some speedpaint right now
http://www.livestream.com/renevatia

Cgtalk is big but theres even less interaction on there than deviantart. Though, I am taking a look into it.

Ohaider 11-2-2014 11:57 PM

this is awesome as fuck...
i've seen a lot of artists get recognition from facebook "like" pages or whatever and instagram
also society6 if you're down with selling your art prints on like phone cases and t-shirts and stuff. if i were an artist i'd be stoked to see someone using a phone case with my art on it lmao

j-rodd123 11-3-2014 12:11 AM

your art is fantastic. I have no valid criticism from a professional standpoint as I am not an artist, but your stuff is amazing, keep it up!

Gundam-Dude 11-3-2014 07:05 AM

If you keep both a Behance and LinkedIn profile with updated work, there are certain groups/communities that you can join (or request to join) that offer weekly/monthly portfolio review webinars which are pretty helpful if you want critique for industry professionals. I don't know any off the top of my head that I can name, but I'm sure they're easy to find with some looking around.

I guess for example, I was invited to join the Association of Registered Graphic Designers awhile back, and I usually get emails with all the group updates, many of which are portfolio review webinar dates.

Nice to see that you're still around doing what you love though :cool:

Renevatia 11-22-2014 11:21 AM

sketch

trying some stuff.

top 11-24-2014 01:27 AM

LMFAO i fuckin thought the headphones were an actual picture taken by camera

you're still amazing

Ghakimx 11-25-2014 03:18 AM

this expresses how I feel about Renevatia's art.

Anyway, here's some pieces I did:

Fast 30 minute acrylic ink self-portrait.

flower done using the stipling method (dots and shit)

Some photoshop work with the theme of "beyond nature" put into it. Quite impressed I could do this in like a few hours.

top 11-30-2014 02:20 AM

coooool ps

Ohaider 12-8-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renevatia (Post 4227259)

what the fuck x_x love

Nyokou 12-18-2014 10:44 AM

Gorgeous. Love the cityscape the most.

Renevatia 12-21-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghakimx (Post 4238272)
Some photoshop work with the theme of "beyond nature" put into it. Quite impressed I could do this in like a few hours.

I like the dot art, its so time consuming though.
You might want to try a higher contrast if you do get another chance to do that.

third one, are those your brushes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohaider (Post 4243785)
what the fuck x_x love

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyokou (Post 4247853)
Gorgeous. Love the cityscape the most.

I am actually somewhat uncomfortable doing cityscapes and only did that one because someone suggested it as something out of my comfort zone for practice. I turned out to quite like it as well.

Heres a new one. TERA online fan art, kind of.

Ghakimx 12-22-2014 10:51 PM

@Renevatia Yeah stipling looks really good but I think of it as something that stresses me out and yet is therapeutic. I might consider doing it for a portrait though.

I can't exactly remember how I did the snow piece but I think I used some pre-made brushes. For the snowflakes, I just customised the preset brushes. For the ink, I just Googled ink splats and used them, lol.

Renevatia 12-23-2014 06:14 AM

lighting/contrast studies.