Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   What game took you the longest to beat? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=64179)

orly101 03-29-2007 09:14 PM

What game took you the longest to beat?

just wondering, just name the game what you think took the longest.

OMFG....DRAGON QUEST 8 TOOK ME FREAKIN 85 HOURS TO BEAT IT LOL!

Starshot 03-29-2007 09:18 PM

Re: What game took you the longest to beat?

The Longest Journey

My GOD, that game took a freakin' while. Enjoyed every minute of it, though.

lXD 03-29-2007 09:25 PM

longest series - all 4 dot hacks took me about 75 hours to beat

longest game - kingdom hearts I took me about 35 hours

ToshX 03-29-2007 09:33 PM

Yeah, I've beaten four of the five dot hacks and, combined, that took me nearly 70 hours as well(well, I played a lot after I beat it too :/).

Major thing that speeds it up is getting those speed scrolls and always fairy orbing the dungeons :/

Also, you can just level from 1 to 30(or whatever a high level is in the specific game you're playing) just by going into level 25 maps at level 1 and whacking the 400HP mages.

PinoySkillz 03-29-2007 09:44 PM

Wing Commander for SNES. I think I started it when I was ~11yrs old. I couldn't beat it. 9 years later I played it on an emulator and finally beat it in 2 days bahahaha!!

MystictheHedgehog 03-29-2007 11:16 PM

Er...to beat? As in fully or what?

Final Fantasy IX took me bout 200 hours total to do everything possible in one run through...then add 10 hours for the Exacliber 2...then add the 30+ hours I have as I work on my Level 1 challenge

_Ashuku 03-30-2007 06:00 AM

Star Ocean 3 took me till the end of time nah jk but It was pretty long

MYZZ 03-30-2007 06:32 AM

zelda link to the past
started playing like when i was 5 and finished it when i was about 12
the game kept reseting the save memory so i could only do by playing the whole game non-stop

Tonberry_Kid 03-30-2007 08:47 AM

Longest game I've played is FFVII...I have 99:59 on the counter...But, I dunno what game took me the longest to beat.

TS_SonicMaster 03-30-2007 10:08 AM

The game that took me to longests complete (not even fully yet, so much stuff to do, have to play twice or 3 times through to get everything) was Tales of Symphonia. 200+ hours racked up on it. Probably 150-160 hours of battles due to hardest mode and no extra exp bonuses from when you beat the game and continue it.

inflames07 03-30-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonberry_Kid (Post 1403110)
Longest game I've played is FFVII...I have 99:59 on the counter...But, I dunno what game took me the longest to beat.

Same, I can play FF7 forever. My time counter is way up there.

ninjafury 03-30-2007 10:30 AM

Mine definitely has to be Xenogears; the game took me forever to beat since I didn't know where to go half the time when I was 11. I beat it later on when I got older and when I started over but the game is really long and has to be the hardest RPGs I have ever beaten.

Tonberry_Kid 03-30-2007 11:08 AM

The game that's taken me the longest was ToS also...I have about...75-90 hours ranked up on one single run.

iTaCHoKo 03-30-2007 11:49 AM

-SoTC[I took long breaks][Took about2-5 months]
-Red ninja[Snake Charmer messed me up][.......5 days?]
-BattleField 2:Modern Combat[Didn't really get into it][...2 months]
-Scarface[about a week or two]

yyeeeep!

Squeek 03-30-2007 12:09 PM

My first file on Tales of Symphonia says 102 hours. That save file was my grade-mongering file. I didn't have enough Grade when I beat the game the first time to buy everything I wanted from the Grade shop for my second run, so I went ahead and just continuously killed enemies right outside Iselia for massive Grade.

That led into my second save file, which has over 50 hours on it because that was the save file I used to get to level 250 on all of my characters and all of the sidequests finished as well.

Rareone 03-30-2007 12:53 PM

well i would have to say
Final Fantasy XII [about a week]
Halo 2 [6 hours on legendary]
Battlefield 2: MC [5 hours roughly]

Raveren 03-30-2007 01:02 PM

Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.

I had played that game for about a half a year, about once every evening or so, and have yet to beat it. It's just there's SO many side missions...I don't even see a possible 100% completion without devoting my life to it.

I maxed out the time counters on FF7 and both KH's, I was going for 100% there, as well as FF10 and 10-2, though I haven't gotten it on those.

Moogy 03-30-2007 01:31 PM

Shin Megami Tensei III: 85 hours

Xenogears took me 72 hours on my first playthrough, but I beat it all in one sitting. 46 hours on my second.

As for games I've actually spent the most time with, I'd have to say Disgaea, FFT, SO3, and DMC3.

DarkbearX 03-30-2007 01:34 PM

'probably' FFVII. I spent a lot of time on Wild ARMs 2 also, so one of those two.

The game I spent most time with is undoubtedly Chrono Cross though; best game evar.

Tokzic 03-30-2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raveren (Post 1403374)
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind.

yeah i basically came into this topic ready to say that

"Okay, I have to deliver this package to Balmora - but this poor man is missing his ring! Perhaps it is in this barrel - wait a moment, a man has approached me that suspects that man has been withholding a debt payment! If I wait on top of this lighthouse (which has a person who believes there is a murder mystery occuring in the town in it) at midnight, I may be able to catch him hiding the money!"

Three hours later...

"Okay, it would seem everyone in the village is content. Where was I? Oh, right, delivering this note."

REPEAT FOR ALL THIRTY TOWNS/CITIES IN GAME

I would be surprised if I put less than 500 hours into that game.