Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150828)

mellon_collie 04-1-2019 12:33 PM

Re: TWG CLXXXIV: Sunnyvale's Finest Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4669794)
Reading this side by side is pretty funny, not gonna lie.

What am I supposed to say? "Great reasoning buddy you got it"? rofl

The only thing anyone knows for sure on D0 is their own alignment, so of course I'm going to read people based on how they read me when we don't have anything else to go on yet.

Funnygurl555 04-1-2019 12:34 PM

do you think anyone's scummy

mellon_collie 04-1-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4669798)
do you think anyone's scummy

If this was directed toward me: at this point in time, not particularly. I'm hoping things will become a bit more clear to me when everyone chats in voice later. I do think Lar's reasoning is pretty flimsy. But I'm not sure if that makes him scum, or if that just makes him Lar and he has to find issue with the way I respond to everything for some reason.

MixMasterLar 04-1-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

thesunfan
Yesterday at 6:42 PM
STOP
Stop posting that
This is pretty towny of SunFan here, unless DPB is his partner or whatever

Which i don't believe for a second sooooooo I think SunFan looks good here

Funnygurl555 04-1-2019 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4669799)
If this was directed toward me: at this point in time, not particularly. I'm hoping things will become a bit more clear to me when everyone chats in voice later. I do think Lar's reasoning is pretty flimsy. But I'm not sure if that makes him scum, or if that just makes him Lar and he has to find issue with the way I respond to everything for some reason.

is mml frequently suspicious of you?

the sun fan 04-1-2019 02:25 PM

Zenith, if you're out there, do you plan on joining discord anytime soon?

Hakulyte 04-1-2019 02:28 PM

unvote

I don't have a solid vote and I'm out of time. Not enough information imo.

I'll let you guys figure things out on an even field at least.

This shouldn't happen in later phases hopefully.

Funnygurl555 04-1-2019 04:00 PM

raeko

Xelicopter 04-1-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4669800)
This is pretty towny of SunFan here, unless DPB is his partner or whatever

Which i don't believe for a second sooooooo I think SunFan looks good here

YOU TOWN READING SUNFAN FOR THIS, IS VERY WEAK.

/WHIRRRRRL

Xelicopter 04-1-2019 04:11 PM

OR RATHER, IMPLYING A TOWN LEAN OFF IT. DON'T WANNA PUT WORDS IN YOUR MOUTH.

/WHIRRRRRRRRL

Funnygurl555 04-1-2019 04:13 PM

/whiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllll

Xelicopter 04-1-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4669814)
/whiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllll

ON A MAGIC HELICOPTER RIDE

A WHOLE NEW /WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL

the sun fan 04-1-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelicopter (Post 4669815)
ON A MAGIC HELICOPTER RIDE

A WHOLE NEW /WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL

ok ok
this one fucking got me

Xelicopter 04-1-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4669816)
ok ok
this one fucking got me

WAS TEMPTED TO GO FURTHER.

/WHIRRRRRRL

mellon_collie 04-1-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4669801)
is mml frequently suspicious of you?

pretty much every game. The only exception I can think of right now is the last OOTC game, he wasn't suspicious of me. But pretty much every other game yes. And it's always for the way I'm "acting" and not because of votes, actions etc. Lar thinks he knows exactly how I would react in every single situation for some reason

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4669811)
raeko

what's the reasoning behind this?

Funnygurl555 04-1-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4669819)

you seem defensive

there's still some time before eod, but i thought i should put a vote out before then

mellon_collie 04-1-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4669821)
you seem defensive

there's still some time before eod, but i thought i should put a vote out before then

apparently I am both too defensive and too casual in my responses

maybe look for something more concrete somewhere else?

Funnygurl555 04-1-2019 05:05 PM

it's really hard to do that when nothing in the game's going on

im bored

Wineandbread 04-1-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4669760)
Boo

booooooooooo

Worry not, I have arrived

temporarily

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4669774)
I cannot take this exchange as a valid intention while thinking at the possibilities.

I found Haku's confusion to be confusing. For me it would be extremely reaching for finding sunfan sus in that exchange alone; I didn't even understand what the "I believe there is truth in there somewhere" was referring too until I looked way back

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4669784)
Doesn't seem weird to me??? Taking it as theme meme it is it looks like they where posted right after I left voice.

How serious is SunFan's vote here because I didn't take it to be what he was going to ride to the bank on.

It was also Boats and that was like....2 years ago? Probably? Meh.

I'm not sure why but I liked this post, in a town-leany way. But now that I'm looking back I have some reservations that I didn't before

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4669672)
Hi Pozzai it is I, Raeko :mrgreen:

I think I like you too. You seem to be picking up on subtle things and started analyzing the game already. I would be expecting townies to be trying to start a town circle and that's what it appears you are doing.

Also, I am a girl and you can use she/her instead of they if you want ^_^

To address the raeko/pozzai thing, the bolded I found a bit awkward. There's nothing really inherent wrong with it but the wording was... forced? I'm not really sure myself, I could be biased from the accusation.

fwiw I don't think raeko has done anything particularly scummy after this. Her retorts are all in line with how I would expect someone to respond to those accusations. (except one post addressing charu which I'll cover below)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4669680)
I like the reasoning you have but having played with Raeko I think she would be the opposite in this case. If she was turn she would start complaining that you're going for the mislynch. I think it's at best a null read.

She does this all the time. If you call her town you are 100% always in her town pile. Question that and you're a scum lean. If you want proof I promise the next solid scum pick she'll have is me because of this post.

A - too early for a town circle; nothing has happened.
B - looking for townies day 0 is extremely easy to fake
C - You say Town Lean goes into a Town Circle but my definition of "lean" is closer to a null that you have a particularly feeling about. Say I have town lean on Pozzai right now (which I do): What I mean by that is he is for all intent and purpose sitting null but I like what little I see and would "lean" him over to the town side of the room.

So if that's what the term means I would in no way invite a Town Lean into my Town Circle because Town Circle Drive is the block party where only the cool absolutely towns get invited to.

This is semantic and kind of reaching. I don't think "nothing has happened" warrants blame for forming a town circle (or at least leans depending on your definition), in situation of whatever discord text/voice chat I missed before I subbed in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pozzai (Post 4669663)
I think their annoyance outburst in regards to people dicking around is more likely to come from a town and they didn't turn defensive when called out by Duk3 going "found the wolf".

Scum would be fully okay with the goings on and would imo tend to be inclined to respond to a call out because it might "seem scum to just ignore it" while town dgaf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pozzai (Post 4669792)
In all fairness they did respond to me saying that the read I gave on you, they'd flip in your case specifically, so I don't think there's anything inherently 'wrong' in how they're going about it?

People read specific people differently, what I gave was a "in most cases my experience is that this is town" ie, 90% success rate or whatever. Lar said they agree, but you fall in the 10% category not covered.

I like the second post you made here clarifying your initial observation

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4669828)
apparently I am both too defensive and too casual in my responses

maybe look for something more concrete somewhere else?

Concreteness is a bit difficult to find in d0 which you acknowledge yourself

Though looking back, I didn't feel like you necessarily had to defend against Charu in that particular quote back a few posts, in this one particular respect I agree with funnygurl that you are being somewhat defensive (I can't really acknowledge pozzai's observation of your casual dismissal yet, though perhaps I will go back and check)

I'd like to hear Zenith's thoughts when he has a chance

MixMasterLar 04-1-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelicopter (Post 4669812)
YOU TOWN READING SUNFAN FOR THIS, IS VERY WEAK.

/WHIRRRRRL

I think it's fair to say that I wouldnt lynch him d0 for him doing something small that seems town to me.

Quote:

pretty much every game. The only exception I can think of right now is the last OOTC game, he wasn't suspicious of me. But pretty much every other game yes. And it's always for the way I'm "acting" and not because of votes, actions etc. Lar thinks he knows exactly how I would react in every single situation for some reason

Quote:

And it's always for the way I'm "acting" and not because of ... actions.

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

All I am going to add here is that I think my normal complaint is you don't hardly post most games, which I admit is not an issue this game or last. I always feel like I have to poke you into doing anything and a good 99% of the time it's very defensive with as short of posts as you can possibly get away with. People have to drag out your reads which you are never prepared to give and if you name one scum it is always always always the guy who poked you.

Which is me more likely then not.

And I will freely admit you are town those games much more then not. I don't know if I have ever gotten into it with you when you where actually wolf but it is with this expectation that I found your response off in a way that seemed like you where more or less handwaving it away. That simply doesnt sit well with my gut.