Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

Coolboyrulez0 01-31-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submission Closed)

Hey, can't always be politically correct.
I just felt like speaking my opinion and I'm fairly certain I'm correct in my assessment.

samurai doesn't suck at JS > "jumpstream was nice"
kommisar whose last legit score was in 200X > "16th patterns are awkward"
kjwkjw > "jumpstream is awkward" i dont know you but cool, you are wrong
megamon > "some patterns are icky..." once again who are you, what qualified you as a judge etc.? wrong also.

sorry if i come across as a douche (spoilers: i am), but i am offended that people question my JS patterns.

Also, thats "subjectivemanias", as Dossar calls it. Can't hit it? Pass it. It's fine the way it is.

MarioNintendo 01-31-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3628423)
Also, thats "subjectivemanias", as Dossar calls it. Can't hit it? Pass it. It's fine the way it is.

Hey.

I didn't play the file, so I pretty much don't know what I'm talking about...

Jumpstream is a valid pattern and has its share of possibilities, but it has to be used right just like every other pattern, doesn't it? I believe it's possible that the judge found the patterns awkward because they were awkward jumpstream - not just because it was ordinary jumpstream.

Is it too fast of a pattern for the BPM? idk. Was the song asking for that pattern? No clue. But I just wanted to throw out this idea that the judges might've had a problem with the actual charting, rather than just the general pattern itself.

sticklydude 01-31-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3628434)
Is it too fast of a pattern for the BPM? idk. Was the song asking for that pattern?

We both used jumpstreams. About ~200 bpm. His just had more depth from what i've heard.

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO VIEW MEASURES ON DDREAM. My sm editor mode is being gay.

MarioNintendo 01-31-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sticklydude (Post 3628436)
We both used jumpstreams. About ~200 bpm. His was just had more depth from what i've heard.

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO VIEW MEASURES ON DDREAM. My sm editor mode is being gay.

I think in the view option you have the grid mode which you can tool around with... Other than that, DDReam doesn't support measures a lot :(

Anaru 01-31-2012 05:23 PM

Oh huh. Judges don't like hands & quads. ;c

MarioNintendo 01-31-2012 05:36 PM

I just played Punch You since CBR sent it to me after I asked him if he agreed.

I have to say the chart IS well made and is NOT inaccurate. If we look outside the jumpstream part which seems rather controversial, everything has been well crafted and made as clean as possible. Onto the jumpstream itself, every note is justified.

However, I believe the question is not about the patterns being too awkward and whatnot. They're fine. The actual "awkward" deal seems to be in the layering of that part.

I THINK what the judges meant by awkward is that the jumps go to sounds that are hard to distinguish from all the other synths. Of course, when you listen closely, you can all relate what sound goes with what, that I can agree. However, it would've been much less awkward if the jumps had gone to the actual BEATS going on behind the music. You can hear them, for example, at 43.461s, 43.610s, 44.058s, 44.207s, and so forth.

Picture this. You literally gotta hammer your keyboard to master the file. When you press for the jumps, it has to sound hard at this speed. This is why the judges disliked the file; it could've been done another way that suited more this mood.

If you were going for elitepr0 difficulty, CBR, I can understand that my idea might shock you a bit, as I'm suggesting to remove a couple jumps. However, the stream itself is hard enough to warrant a solid 11, so I think no one loses here. I suggest you try out what I'm suggesting just to see if it makes sense. I did it in my editor and it played a LOT better.

edit: and that's NOT because I suck at this game ;-P

Anaru 01-31-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3628423)
Hey, can't always be politically correct.
I just felt like speaking my opinion and I'm fairly certain I'm correct in my assessment.

samurai doesn't suck at JS > "jumpstream was nice"
kommisar whose last legit score was in 200X > "16th patterns are awkward"
kjwkjw > "jumpstream is awkward" i dont know you but cool, you are wrong
megamon > "some patterns are icky..." once again who are you, what qualified you as a judge etc.? wrong also.

sorry if i come across as a douche (spoilers: i am), but i am offended that people question my JS patterns.

Send me the file! I want to see this jumpstream. :)

MarioNintendo 01-31-2012 05:41 PM

ask CBR, I'm not dangling around his file without his permission.

Coolboyrulez0 01-31-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3628456)
ask CBR, I'm not dangling around his file without his permission.

sure send it to him, too lazy.
you got the link

Anaru 01-31-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3628462)
sure send it to him, too lazy.
you got the link

Played your file!

I can see why some people would say the JS patterns are weird or awkward because a lot of them have anchors that (might) be hard to hit for people with weaker left hands or weaker right hands.

But the patterns are dumb or stupid lol. There's more pressure for the right or left hand during certain sections but that's about it. :p

hi19hi19 01-31-2012 07:08 PM

99% of the time, "awkward JS" comments come from hidden 8th anchors.

Look for those, if you have hidden 8th jacks that are longer than like, 5 arrows, there's your problem.

DossarLX ODI 01-31-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3628529)
99% of the time, "awkward JS" comments come from hidden 8th anchors.

Look for those, if you have hidden 8th jacks that are longer than like, 5 arrows, there's your problem.

This is very true. The concept of anchors didn't even appear until rather recently when Halogen first used the term, then I immediately noticed how stupid these patterns are.

hi19hi19 01-31-2012 07:29 PM

I've been using that theory of hidden 8th jacks in JS ever since I was working on Boisterous Little Oscillator (and I'm sure others have had that notion before me too) but it's nice to finally have a name for it lol

The other source of awkward JS is hidden 1-hand gallops.
If you cover side of the file and just look at them hand by hand, if you have stuff like 1 2 - 2 1 - 1 2 - 2 1 over and over again, it's going to get annoying fast

Choofers 01-31-2012 09:44 PM

it's because most players are bad at js

qqwref 01-31-2012 10:38 PM

More like, most experienced SM players find JS boring because they've played a lot of JS files...

who_cares973 01-31-2012 11:02 PM

Ffr consists of mostly experienced sm players, yep

Anaru 01-31-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3628732)
Ffr consists of mostly experienced sm players, yep

division of ffr

1) admins/mods
2) the stepmans ~eLiTe cLuB~ (they usually have orange or black usernames cause they're 2 cool for ffR)
3) ffrians (these guys usually have blue names and come in all shapes and sizes)
4) peoples (these people have black names)
5) 1.5 million unused accounts
??) solo ( these guys play with 6 keys :!:)

Choofers 01-31-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3628712)
More like, most experienced SM players find JS boring because they've played a lot of JS files...

nope I can js all day ERRYDAY

00Razor00 01-31-2012 11:28 PM

1h 54m js challenge

justin_ator 01-31-2012 11:44 PM

I played that, not repetitive at all, let it into FFR!