Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Username Changes (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143794)

TC_Halogen 01-29-2016 03:04 PM

Username Changes

So, I'm assuming that we're not going to just set a bad precedent and allow it for a single user, right? Because _.Spitfire._'s profile redirects to the profile search page, and Nullifidian is a forum moderator with all of the same things that he had before.

So yeah, explanations please -- because there are a number of users, myself included, who want a name change.

rushyrulz 01-29-2016 03:15 PM

Re: Username Changes

Request TC_Halogen language on R^3 be changed to debit13 language.

TC_Halogen 01-29-2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4402279)
Request TC_Halogen language on R^3 be changed to debit13 language.

ffs no lol

but i'd totally be down for using Halogen- instead of TC_Halogen (which already exists and I hold the account access, so there's no risk after deleting the account and switching names)

but yeah, like... there's a bunch of people who would want this and it's kinda not fair to see someone get it very quietly; you don't do that

YoshL 01-29-2016 03:18 PM

name changes.

edit - looks like scores are unaffected by this as well.

i'd love a name change though lmao

XelNya 01-29-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4402280)
ffs no lol

but i'd totally be down for using Halogen- instead of TC_Halogen (which already exists and I hold the account access, so there's no risk after deleting the account and switching names)

but yeah, like... there's a bunch of people who would want this and it's kinda not fair to see someone get it very quietly; you don't do that

Inclined to agree.

Though, more than anything, I'd just want my time spent on the site transferred over rofl.

It's funny to look at my current profile, see it's at like 3.something years

When it's really 10.52

Need to side comment that if it can be done there needs to be an immediate way to limit it after one free use tho. (One free because someone already got it free and fair is fair.)

One Winged Angel 01-29-2016 03:26 PM

max would be able to provide more/better detail than I'm able to, but given that he isn't online atm, I'll mention that I spoke with him and he told me he was running through the process with tristan + fixing things that needed to be corrected as they came up, with the end goal being a script that will allow any user to change their name automatically

YoshL 01-29-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4402287)
max would be able to provide more/better detail than I'm able to, but given that he isn't online atm, I'll mention that I spoke with him and he told me he was running through the process with tristan + fixing things that needed to be corrected as they came up, with the end goal being a script that will allow any user to change their name automatically

this is very dangerous lol, should put a limit on # of changes

One Winged Angel 01-29-2016 03:28 PM

I'm sure some sort of limit is going to take effect because everyone could imagine the chaos otherwise

rushyrulz 01-29-2016 03:31 PM

Make a user wait 6 months or pay 500,000 credits to get a name change.

TC_Halogen 01-29-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4402287)

ah! ask and you shall receive then, I'll very much take that as a satisfactory answer!

rushyrulz 01-29-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4402290)
Make a user wait 6 months or pay 500,000 credits to get a name change.

I mean it. If you let people change their names willy nilly for free, it will not be a good day.

YoshL 01-29-2016 03:59 PM

also probably have a page that logs name changes so people can see exactly who changed their name to what. for example, if someone decided "hey I want the name ._Spitfire_. now" and changed it to that, there would be a little bit of a troll problem, given that people also have very old alt accounts that may easily fit a time constraint put on the name change

Xiz 01-29-2016 04:10 PM

BUT AJ IF YOU CHANGE TC_HALOGEN WHAT WlLL OUR GUILD ON BOOBS & SOUL BE CALLED OMG I CNAT HANDLE THIS

Charu 01-29-2016 04:12 PM

But spitfire was such a neat name, wow.

Also, will never change my name.

Nevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Charu 01-29-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4402305)
BUT AJ IF YOU CHANGE TC_HALOGEN WHAT WlLL OUR GUILD ON BOOBS & SOUL BE CALLED OMG I CNAT HANDLE THIS

LMAO... secrets OUT

XelNya 01-29-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4402297)
I mean it. If you let people change their names willy nilly for free, it will not be a good day.

Make it vet perk with a like 300k credit cost

Problem solved and vet means something again kinda.

Tho again, first one should be free to a select group of people, namely the ones who have been here a while.

assuming max decides this is worth implementing.

TC_Halogen 01-29-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4402305)

NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM ASSHOLElol

rzr 01-29-2016 04:46 PM

Do you know how much I hate my 15 year old self for making the name rzr? What the fuck is that? I wish I could change it, but I think it should be reserved for veterans, or like rushy said a fee (perhaps a donation of 5$, or credits, or whatever) would help limit, plus knowing each other there would be a great deal of trolling lol

MarioNintendo 01-29-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4402307)
But spitfire was such a neat name, wow.

indeed

choof 01-29-2016 04:55 PM

this should be a one time thing, at the most, twice
probably won't change my name tho