Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   GH: Live/Rock Band 4 Discussion Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=141137)

Deadlyx39 03-4-2015 07:33 AM

GH: Live/Rock Band 4 Discussion Thread

I swear I hope these leaks are real. Guitar Hero and Rock Band are two of my favorite games of all time.
Here it is

Words can't describe how happy I'll be if they come out.

gold stinger 03-4-2015 08:57 AM

Re: There might be a new Guitar Hero and Rock Band this year

wasn't the companies responsible for Guitar Hero responsible for releasing 1 game per year in contract, as well as disbanded in 2010? I find the chances of it are extremely unlikely. Harmoix is probably hinting at another musical title that doesn't involve guitar hero or rock band, if anything.

Red Blaster 03-4-2015 09:01 AM

I doubt GH will ever actually come back.
Even the pc community is fairly extinct now.

Not to mention what the cost of the new, assuredly terribly built, peripherals will be.

gold stinger 03-4-2015 09:51 AM

On top of that, it would cost a terrible amount of money to get the original staff back together to produce the same quality of games that we grew up to love back in the 00's. Also, there's no guarantee that some people from the team will ever come back, even given the situation, meaning they'd have to be replaced. If they ever did come back with a game, it would almost be on the same level as the 'Duke Nukem Forever' experiment.

Deadlyx39 03-4-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4285039)
On top of that, it would cost a terrible amount of money to get the original staff back together to produce the same quality of games that we grew up to love back in the 00's. Also, there's no guarantee that some people from the team will ever come back, even given the situation, meaning they'd have to be replaced. If they ever did come back with a game, it would almost be on the same level as the 'Duke Nukem Forever' experiment.

Honestly I don't know how Guitar Hero would do, but I firmly believe that Harmonix at least will do a good job of making Rock Band 4. They have had a lot of success with other things like Dance Central so it's not like they haven't been doing anything, nor were they disbanded.

On the grounds of making new equipment, both companies always do have the option of making any existing peripherals still usable. So they still could do that.

Wayward Vagabond 03-4-2015 11:10 AM

I want another DJ hero

Red Blaster 03-4-2015 11:16 AM

When it comes to console, which is where these would primarily be aimed at, I think rhythm gaming has had it's run and it's over. Don't get me wrong, I want a new GH more than anyone, but it just doesn't seem feasible as there isn't an audience to market it to. If they made it it'd almost certainly be at a loss to the companies involved.

j-rodd123 03-4-2015 11:22 AM

pass

Deadlyx39 03-4-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4285054)
I want another DJ hero

Yeah, maybe at Midnight in a Perfect World...

Red Blaster 03-4-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 (Post 4285063)
Yeah, maybe at Midnight in a Perfect World...

Insight
Foresight
More sight
The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight.

Jousway 03-4-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4285054)
I want another DJ hero

+1

Deadlyx39 03-4-2015 03:19 PM

Honestly though I just want all three rebooted. I still play to this day all the latest releases of Guitar Hero, Rock Band and DJ Hero. It would be something I'd love to see, especially if the old equipment is usable.

Deadlyx39 03-4-2015 03:21 PM

Charu 03-4-2015 03:47 PM

Just ask KgZ

He works for the god damn company that made those games, lmao.

Of course if it's like any other company, probably is under a contract to not say anything.

reuben_tate 03-4-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4285056)
When it comes to console, which is where these would primarily be aimed at, I think rhythm gaming has had it's run and it's over. Don't get me wrong, I want a new GH more than anyone, but it just doesn't seem feasible as there isn't an audience to market it to. If they made it it'd almost certainly be at a loss to the companies involved.

That's what I was thinking when I first saw this thread title. I mean, it's rare to even hear people talking about rhythm games anymore (outside of still-existing rhythm gaming communities of course).

I feel like they're gonna have to do massive advertisement ahead of time so that they can try to get everyone hyped for it and make them remember that rhythm games are a thing.

However, at the moment, I'm not too optimistic about the success of these games if they are released.

Deadlyx39 03-4-2015 04:29 PM

Currently all I know is these leaks and the fact that there might be an announcement at E3. I'm praying this is real though

gold stinger 03-4-2015 06:59 PM

This is me not getting my hopes up.

badman7772 03-4-2015 07:08 PM

It won't sell. All people wanna do now is play FPS games and it won't change anytime soon.

Poison- 03-5-2015 09:35 AM

http://ign.com/articles/2015/03/05/r...4-and-xbox-one