Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   I'm Rusty Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151882)

psychoangel691 05-2-2020 02:11 PM

I'm Rusty Tournament

Welcome to the one tournament where I'll actually let you tell me what division you think you belong in! That's right YOU get to tell me (though be reasonable).

A lot of us are coming back from a long hiatus and playing in our old divisions is rough, I wanted to make a little competition where people could play based on where they're currently at rather than where they were at their peak.

So here's the deal, there's not going to be any placement prizes since it'd be too easy to cheat, however, I will give everyone who participates through 15,000 credits. Main purpose of this is for some good competition and hopefully to help some of us rusty peeps back to our former glory.

This will be a non-elimination, cumulative score tournament, I think this is the better option for getting back into shape. Rounds will be 4 days long with a total of 8 rounds, the divisions are still set for 7 but if I need to make adjustments based on sign-ups I will. Doing short sign-ups they close Monday, May 4th at 11:59 pm server time, though I will add anyone in during 1st round. The tournament will start May 5th at 12 pm sever time.

If you are someone who is not rusty and you'd still like to play, you are more than welcome to join in your normal division, I encourage it! The more competition the better!

Use the lovely signup button here http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ent/signup.php as usual, and leave me your division in the thread.

I think that's everything, any questions/concerns you can always ask here, in DMs or on Discord.

Adding in some of the questions I've gotten here:

Can I place myself higher? Of course! If you want to push yourself I'm all for it.
Can I play with a different playstyle (one hand, index, etc) and be placed based on that? Yep! just be sure to use that playstyle for the whole tournament and please be sure to place yourself appropriately. We still want good competition, not just someone blasting everyone.
Can I sign up on multiple accounts to try more than one division? Sure!

psychoangel691 05-2-2020 02:21 PM

Re: I'm Rusty Tournament

If you do not give me a division I will just place you based on your normal division.

FlynnMac 05-2-2020 02:22 PM

Division 0 (Jk Division 5)

Arere 05-2-2020 02:23 PM

Can I be put in d6 to get a preview for OT 13?

Logman6656 05-2-2020 02:23 PM

im in division 1 I want to get better at this game so yeah

psychoangel691 05-2-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arere (Post 4728941)

Sure can!

Joupawesome 05-2-2020 02:31 PM

I think ill just join as d5 since i dont think ill improve that that fast anymore, interested how this tournament will turn out!

SubaruPoptart 05-2-2020 02:32 PM

Can I be put in D7 also as a preview for OT13 : )

RenegadeLucien 05-2-2020 02:32 PM

In as D4.

Sanjixcon 05-2-2020 02:33 PM

I'd also like to try D7

ositzxz369 05-2-2020 02:37 PM

put me up as D3

SubaruPoptart 05-2-2020 02:41 PM

I had a cup of coffee and I'm feeling the effects of coffee for the first time (it usually chills me out for whatever reason) and I feel like my profile picture now it's fantastic

kapamoo 05-2-2020 02:41 PM

please put me in d1

psychoangel691 05-2-2020 02:49 PM

I'm trying to figure out where to place myself. I've been playing at a D3 level but at the same time I know I have some skills that a D3 player wouldn't have so I don't think it'd be fair but at the same time I wouldn't handle D4 well lol

psychoangel691 05-2-2020 02:51 PM

Another thing for those who may be at their normal level for their normal play and don't necessarily need to do a lower division thing. If you play a different playstyle like one handed, index, etc from your norm you can join in a division matching your skillset for that playstyle. Just be sure to stick to it for the whole tournament.

Ultimate Mike7 05-2-2020 02:52 PM

Put me into D7. D1 on my 1-handed please!

URL 05-2-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arere (Post 4728941)

Can I be put in D6 to maintain rivalry with my last two tournaments' archnemesis?

psychoangel691 05-2-2020 02:55 PM

Yep!

People are welcome to bump up rather than down if they prefer that's perfectly okay too :)

psychoangel691 05-2-2020 02:56 PM

Don't forget to go click the signup button if you wanna join though, keep looking out for a few names but they haven't Popped up yet lol

Hakulyte 05-2-2020 02:57 PM

Can you be in multiple divisions ?
Thoughts on making improvements possible in earlier rounds ?