Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Resending or postponing submitted files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121031)

bmah 11-4-2011 01:45 AM

Resending or postponing submitted files

Update 9/26/15: Postponed files requested in this thread will result in an updated status of "Postponed" in the Batch Search Engine.

I've seen too many files with fixes gone unnoticed, or files that were released when the simfile artist wanted more time to make changes.

The main purpose of this thread is to keep tab of any file that you may have resent, whether it's a minor fix to an already accepted song, a fix to a conditionally queued song, or for other reasons. Please state if you've resent a song that was previously submitted. Some users send an email without any related posts or notices; I'll still try my best to find everything sent - but be aware that there's a risk your file may go unnoticed in such cases.

A secondary purpose of this thread is to allow you to have the opportunity to postpone an accepted file you may have in the queue. If you plan on making fixes, but aren't quite ready yet, please let me or jimerax know, and we'll hold it off. But don't forget to make those said changes sooner than later!

The existing queue/batch thread is too cluttered to provide the attention that the following files require. I am hoping that this thread can create some clarity to files that are likely to be changed from their original submissions. This way, when songs are released to the FFR game, they represent the stepchart that YOU WANT - without the hassle of finding out after a song's release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Judgment System
POSTPONING ACCEPTED FILES
- Postponed files will be listed on the Batch Search Engine with a status of “Postponed” in addition to the postponement end date.
- Stepartists are allowed to postpone any accepted file they have in the queue if they want to send file fixes in the near future, but are currently unable to do so. They must declare the length of time to postpone.
- The maximum allotted time for postponing a file is 30 days. If the stepartist fails to make any fixes after the declared time period, the file(s) will be taken off the postponed list and will become eligible for release as is. Stepartists cannot postpone a file more than once.
- When fixes are sent for a postponed file, the email must state the changes applied.

POSTPONED FILES
Pending

ichliebekase 11-4-2011 02:29 AM

Re: Resending or postponing submitted files

Thank. You.

I actually mentioned this in the batch thread a while ago but it got ignored. Glad to see action taken.

hi19hi19 11-4-2011 06:38 AM

I've posted already that I'm planning on making minor changes to Rainbow Road and Night Walker.
Don't add them until I do, please :)

alloyus 11-4-2011 07:21 AM

I don't even submit files, but since the fixes affect me as a player, thank you so much for this thread~~~~~

bob bob 11-4-2011 01:25 PM

sent a quick fix for The Earth blew up

DossarLX ODI 11-4-2011 01:40 PM

Just sent a shifted version of Miss Candy on TV to fix the "8th note" problem

Another reminder: For Mourning The Lost, use the recolored version that I sent, not the original submission (because that one was rough with the color notes)

bmah 11-4-2011 10:24 PM

updated to post #6

ninjaKIWI 11-4-2011 10:27 PM

You didn't add Hi19's postponed files.

bmah 11-6-2011 12:46 AM

Updated: Powerpuff Gabberz is accepted! :)

DarkZtar 11-6-2011 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3563316)
Also, a request for DarkZtar: can you find an mp3 for Imaginary Sky that has a better ending to fade-out? You can apply a fade-out using Audacity instead of cutting the song abruptly.

Done and sent. Also got a better quality mp3 of the song.

bmah 11-6-2011 03:24 AM

Thank you! updated

Coolboyrulez0 11-6-2011 11:33 AM

sent in aisles (from conditional queue) fixes which adds 2 secs silence and fixes pr / removes ghost notes :)

Silvuh 11-6-2011 10:52 PM

Yaay for this thread. Certainly good getting this in a separate little spot.

Finally just sent in my fixes. TWILT and tightrope city only have a few notes different ... I was a little more strict in the opening of Transparent White now, but the difficulty should still be balanced. story of dreamers also has a new .mp3 I sent that sounds better, and the cut is a tad different (added in the two seconds of silence and stepped the opening notes, and one spot is a beat-and-a-half longer).

Soo yep, arf. That should all be good.

Choofers 11-6-2011 11:52 PM

oops, the batch notes said to send fixes so I did

w/e

bmah 11-7-2011 11:55 PM

Updated, as well as added my own fixes from the hard batch. Remember to send fixes from the hard batch quickly guys!

iironiic 11-8-2011 07:57 AM

Resent Amen Iraq and Obscene with fixes. Still didn't like Obscene too much but Amen Iraq is better in my opinion haha.

Xayphon 11-8-2011 12:37 PM

Sent fixes for both Rotary Slicers and The Bird's Poisoned Bathwater

Ziergdsx18 11-9-2011 08:43 PM

Sent some minor tweaks/fixes for Magical Higan Tour 2009 & Tsugihagi Construction.

DossarLX ODI 11-10-2011 01:11 AM

Just resent Miss Candy on TV and Just Why with 2 seconds of silence in the beginning

Edit: Also just sent in a fix for Slashmaid [Instrumental]

bmah 11-10-2011 07:23 PM

updated to post #19

ninjaKIWI 11-10-2011 07:38 PM

I was wondering, what'll be happening with i love (orange things)? Excluded from the batch?

HammyMcSquirrel 11-11-2011 10:14 PM

Sent an updated .dwi last night with a sync fix on a few sections in Powerpuff Gabberz.

ninjaKIWI 11-12-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI (Post 3565670)
I was wondering, what'll be happening with i love (orange things)? Excluded from the batch?

Guys? I just need to know so that I can plan accordingly.

DossarLX ODI 11-12-2011 01:18 PM

jimerax said that he'd be gone for a week or something, so I don't know if you're going to get an answer to that.

Edit: Here was the post http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=239

foilman8805 11-14-2011 01:18 AM

If my file (Alone Again At 4AM) gets accepted after the pending review, I will go ahead and add the 2 second silence in the beginning of the file.

bmah 11-14-2011 01:20 AM

You might as well do it now. jimerax will be away for about a week and he ultimately decides on whether the fixes are acceptable or not*.

*specifically referring to conditionally queued files; normally accepted files with fixes sent don't really get preliminary checks until the file is nearly about to go in-game

foilman8805 11-14-2011 01:43 AM

Okay, silence added and I'm emailing it to the FFR batch email right now.

Nullifidian 11-14-2011 01:53 PM

I'll be sending fixes of do i smile, system doctor and pandora by the end of this week. I forgot to send them out last weekend and now I'm not near the computer the fixes are on.

megamon88 11-14-2011 07:48 PM

Sent fixes for 404th of July and All Y'all Bitches.

bmah 11-14-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3568319)
Sent fixes for 404th of July and All Y'all Bitches.

ok, but 404th of July wasn't accepted

Remember, the hard batch required an average of 6.5/10 to get a file in, and 404th averages at around 6.3/10 unfortunately. ):

megamon88 11-14-2011 10:18 PM

Whoops, must've miscalculated; I thought it got 6.5 on the dot. Oh well, it would've made everyone rage at the file anyways :P

hi19hi19 11-14-2011 11:18 PM

Sent fixes for Night Walker.

I'd still like clarification on the status of CmR, currently it is marked:
CmR (hi19hi19) - [!]a bit more note syncing on some parts
And I'm unsure what this is referring to, as the sync seems right to me when I checked it in DDReam.

bmah 11-14-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaKIWI (Post 3566371)
Guys? I just need to know so that I can plan accordingly.

This actually hasn't been decided yet, and since jimerax's away for a while, you won't hear the last of it until then. But I can almost guarantee that the file was too easy to be accepted into the batch.

However, since that is most likely the case, you might as well just leave it and save it for another regular batch later on. The only real issue was the difficulty for this particular batch, so it'll match fine with any other batch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3568512)
And I'm unsure what this is referring to, as the sync seems right to me when I checked it in DDReam.

Like ninjakiwi, you'll have to wait for jimerax to return. He made that comment himself. Sorry guys. ):

woker-X 11-15-2011 12:05 AM

sent fixes for my files (Wolf by Night and Earthquake on the Southern Texas Canyon)

bmah 11-15-2011 12:35 AM

Updated to post #32. Unfortunately, the files you're sending woker doesn't seem to be arriving in the inbox...

megamon88 11-15-2011 12:38 AM

You missed All Y'all Bitches :P

Nullifidian 11-15-2011 01:39 PM

totally unrelated post but, hi19, your avatar is amazing.

bmah 11-15-2011 11:16 PM

I've now got both of your fixes, woker.

ninjaKIWI 11-18-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3568542)
This actually hasn't been decided yet, and since jimerax's away for a while, you won't hear the last of it until then. But I can almost guarantee that the file was too easy to be accepted into the batch.

However, since that is most likely the case, you might as well just leave it and save it for another regular batch later on. The only real issue was the difficulty for this particular batch, so it'll match fine with any other batch.

In that case, I was wondering if I might be able to strike a deal with you guys. Since it technically did receive an accepted score, maybe you'd allow it to be sent as a re-submission next batch?

bmah 11-18-2011 04:47 PM

Don't think it'll count as a resubmission.

Also, if you've been lurking around, jimerax just returned today and started posting again. Here's what he said about your song:

I Love (Orange Things) (ninjaKIWI) - The file seems fine but doesn't meet difficulty requirement, resubmit to regular batch.

Nullifidian 11-18-2011 04:47 PM

FFR does not negotiate with terrorists!

jimerax 11-18-2011 05:39 PM

For files that passed primary judgement of hs batch, you can specially submit them as [resubmissions].

ninjaKIWI 11-18-2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3571640)
For files that passed primary judgement of hs batch, you can specially submit them as [resubmissions].

YES thank you so much. This is exactly what I was hoping for.

bmah 11-18-2011 11:50 PM

nice

foilman8805 11-18-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3571551)
Don't think it'll count as a resubmission.

Also, if you've been lurking around, jimerax just returned today and started posting again. Here's what he said about your song:

I Love (Orange Things) (ninjaKIWI) - The file seems fine but doesn't meet difficulty requirement, resubmit to regular batch.

Any word on Alone Again At 4AM?

bmah 11-19-2011 12:12 AM

Not yet. I'll ask jimerax.

DossarLX ODI 11-19-2011 12:15 AM

I have a recolored file of The Bird's Concrete Nosedive that I'll be sending soon

Ziergdsx18 11-19-2011 12:20 AM

I'll fix up the 48th's that JX suggested on Higan Tour and send them in very shortly.

hi19hi19 11-19-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3568512)

Still wondering this, now that JX is back.

jimerax 11-19-2011 12:33 AM

ok I will reply to these shortly.

DossarLX ODI 11-19-2011 12:50 AM

Alright, I just resent The Bird's Concrete Nosedive.

jimerax 11-19-2011 06:50 AM

Alone Again At 4AM - queue'd
CmR - It was almost ok, I added some note-syncing and queue'd. I'll send you the file if you want, you can re-fix it if needed.

ps The Bird's Concrete Nosedive looks a lot better.

Nullifidian 11-19-2011 11:48 AM

Sent fixes for do i smile?, Pandora and System Doctor.

hi19hi19 11-19-2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimerax (Post 3572084)
CmR - It was almost ok, I added some note-syncing and queue'd. I'll send you the file if you want, you can re-fix it if needed.

I would like to take a look at what you've done. Chances are I'm fine with it but always better to make sure. You can use the e-mail address I send things to the submission gmail with, or a forum PM.

Xayphon 11-25-2011 03:29 AM

Sent another fix for Rotary Slicers

Tried to fix everything JX mentioned

hi19hi19 12-9-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3572231)
I would like to take a look at what you've done. Chances are I'm fine with it but always better to make sure. You can use the e-mail address I send things to the submission gmail with, or a forum PM.

Still this for the CmR file. I haven't received an email or PM yet and I would really like to see the final version please.

megamon88 12-29-2011 10:02 PM

Sent a long overdue fix for All Y'all Bitches. Should be good to go now.

bmah 01-6-2012 01:07 PM

Long overdue update.

ninjaKIWI 02-8-2012 12:21 AM

Postpone Gruntilda's Lair and Phalanx until I send fixes please.

EDIT: Also requesting the thread title be renamed to "Resending or postponing accepted files". It's a little unclear as is.

bmah 02-8-2012 12:56 AM

Well not everyone submits accepted files, you know. I'll still get files resent that aren't accepted from time to time because some people don't read the rules regardless.

rushyrulz 02-8-2012 02:06 AM

resending fixes on {Evolution} Out Stage as soon as I get back on the computer that has it.

ichliebekase 02-8-2012 04:44 PM

Sent a fix for =.The Ocean.=
Received a straight 8 rating as a reference for the OP.

Choofers 02-9-2012 08:47 AM

sent fixes for my half, fixed all of the issues the judges had (e.g. hand placement, 32nds being 24ths, that potentially nasty trill at the end). just a heads up, I'm not going to step the strings during that empty part, it too weird of a change (I did step it at one point but ugh, it felt terrible)

I also kept a couple parts 24ths because, even though they are 32nds, they represent the song better imo

who_cares973 02-9-2012 10:29 AM

i agree with not changing some of those 24ths

DossarLX ODI 02-11-2012 11:10 PM

I sent a fix for Super Signal Force.

MarioNintendo 02-12-2012 07:32 PM

I sent a fix for all my files but posted it in the queue thread my bad

bmah 02-12-2012 08:32 PM

Updated.

trumaestro 02-13-2012 07:10 PM

Resending both Trisection v2 and Nightrain:

Trisection v2:
-Removed other chart
-Minor PR and layering tweaks
-added 32nd gallops to m38
-changed 24ths to 16ths in m34
-changed some of the ending jumpstream
-Made last two notes a single gallop rather than jumps; makes max combo divisible by 3..

Nightrain:
-Removed other chart
-Changed opening roll from 24ths to 32nds
-Removed note at b7.50

MarioNintendo 02-22-2012 01:24 PM

If you guys wanted to put "In Flux (5 Note Piano Prelude)", two things;

1. Please include the full title;
2. Even though I already sent a fix for it, some parts still don't look right, so I'm delaying it for now. :)

00Razor00 02-22-2012 01:53 PM

Sent a fix for teraholic.

Although the hand usage wasn't pointed out by anyone in some areas, I decided to add them in for consistency.
Moved a couple of patterns around for ~maximum flow~

that's about it.

MarioNintendo 02-22-2012 07:21 PM

I replayed .357 magnum and ended up scrapping all of the hands. The chart plays like butter now. :) I only left the 2-3 quads for dramatic effect!

Sent at the submission email.

bmah 02-23-2012 03:01 AM

updated

Nullifidian 02-23-2012 01:46 PM

I'm in the process of adding fixes to my files of the latest batch so keep those on hold I guess. I'm kinda busy at the moment so expect fixes like next week or something

Silvuh 02-29-2012 05:01 PM

Alright, so now that it's almost time for a file from the new batch to be released, I'll get these sent in ...

Sent updated .dwis to the FFR Submissions e-mail for Flight of the Bumblebee, michi shirube, Release, and Yellow Leaves.
Most of the edits were really tiny, except for Yellow Leaves where I messed with a lot of the layering to go to the main melody more.

Daybreak should be postponed. Haven't tried to make fixes on it yet, because I didn't instantly figure how to make it work.

kjwkjw 03-3-2012 08:34 AM

Sent a fix for Banned Forever. The chart should have 2,023 notes.

DossarLX ODI 03-17-2012 08:41 PM

Edit: Just sent an updated version of Satanic Unicorn Orgy. It has 957 notes.

MarioNintendo 03-21-2012 05:32 PM

I sent a fix for In Flux (5 Note Piano Prelude). I don't know how many arrows there are in the new version, but it says in the name of the zip file that it's a fix.

This file is not to be postponed anymore, thanks!

bmah 03-21-2012 05:35 PM

updated

ninjaKIWI 03-23-2012 12:11 PM

Postpone Princess Lolitits please.

MarioNintendo 03-24-2012 12:44 PM

Aw crap, nevermind In flux, I forgot the 2sec silence again and I'm too lazy to do it right now. D: