Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   New Years Tournament! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121662)

NocturneAunamic 12-31-2011 01:22 PM

Re: New Years Tournament!

1.8x in please.

j-rodd123 12-31-2011 01:49 PM

Sure i'll go D4, play between 1.7 and 1.8, usually 1.7 tho

Zekramcross 12-31-2011 01:53 PM

Can you switch out zekramcross for salinas0990 since that is the account I'll be playing on?

justin_ator 12-31-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfireskunk (Post 3602731)
*Keeps his fingers crossed for bonus points for doing the song on much slower mods!*

You're pretty close, but I won't give more info until tonight. You guys can expect the twist to be posted at about 11 server time, an hour before the round starts. :] Placing the few of you who just signed up right now.

Elite Ninja 12-31-2011 01:55 PM

in b4 double the speed mod >:]

AlexDest 12-31-2011 01:56 PM

i'll be in

x1.975

SD_Tsugamush 12-31-2011 02:33 PM

here ya go

x_lambourghini_x 12-31-2011 02:41 PM

I would like to join.

SD_Tsugamush 12-31-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x_lambourghini_x (Post 3602950)
I would like to join.

gotta post ur speedmod bro

megamon88 12-31-2011 03:40 PM

Change my speedmod to 1.9, I started using that and it's working out really well.

Arbliterator 12-31-2011 07:40 PM

D1 looks a bit empty, any chance I can join in for fun only while playing one-handed? I can get some scores in if needed. 1.95x

Charlotte Kelly 12-31-2011 07:46 PM

How good of a player do you have to be?

yo man im awesome 12-31-2011 08:13 PM

I'm staying the night at my cousin's house, and this compute basiclly ony has the capacity for this. I'll begin helping tomorrow ^.^

justin_ator 12-31-2011 09:17 PM

It's all good, I can handle it tonight =] I will add the few of you who asked to join. Expect that twist in about two hours =]

I've actually decided to end sign-ups tonight, as it's going to be so much extra work to try and add people until the end of the first Round..

I'm pretty excited about this. lol I hope this thing works .-.

Placements will be done in a minute, will edit this post when they are.

Reshiram 12-31-2011 09:30 PM

Can you bump me up to D6?

It looks a bit empty up there, and with my ERB score I've started to get a bit of confidence back; I might have enough in the tank to make a decent run...

justin_ator 12-31-2011 09:40 PM

Sounds good to me, best of luck. Divisions are finished, if you aren't placed or have a complaint about the placement I'll be happy to look over it again, just please LET ME KNOW. Just over an hour left .-.

XxMidigamixX 12-31-2011 09:46 PM

Welp, wish I brought my kb with me to play FFR on my wii rofl. Oh well, that would wait until Tuesday lol

reuben_tate 12-31-2011 09:47 PM

donated 10k. ^_^

justin_ator 12-31-2011 09:48 PM

Thank you reuben :]

justin_ator 12-31-2011 11:05 PM

At this time, I can no longer change speedmods for users. I will be using the value that you posted when you joined.

This is what the speed-mod portion was for.

The twist is going to be a potential score bonus for anyone who wishes to experiment with their speedmods!

We're going to be using a formula to determine a player's raw score for the song that they played. Values of speedmods (both the player's normal and what they used) are input into this formula, along with their actual Raw score. Based off of their performance, they can actually gain points by playing at a higher/lower speedmod!

The formula looks as such:
r+((|s1-s2|/.05)*[((0.001-(0.00005*(g/50)))*h))*.3]

Where:
r = Player's Raw Score
s1 = Player's Typical Speedmod Setting
s2 = Player's Used Speedmod Setting
g = Number of Goods (rounded down)
and h = the total possible raw score for that round's song
[(~)*.3] = The .3 is ONLY for those using a lower speedmod.
It looks complicated, but it's really not rocket science! Here is the explanation.

Using a spoiler system to make things more manageable since it's a complicated order of operations deal lmao

A player's raw score (r) is kept intact, regardless. You will never lose points.

Added to that, is:

The difference between what a player typically uses (s2), and what they used on that particular song (s1). This number is then divided by .05, to determine how many .05 intervals away from their typical speedmod the user's play was.

This is then multiplied by:

.1% (MINUS .005% for each number of 50 goods a player gets in their score) of the TOTAL POSSIBLE RAW SCORE for that song. [this value obtained in this step is the total amount of Raw Bonus Score a player will receive for each interval of .05 that the player changed their speedmod]

There is one catch though:
If you play lower on speedmods, you will only receive a portion of the bonus raw, since most people have an easier time reading slower speedmods and will typically play at their normal maximum. You can still play lower, but you won't be receiving quite as much score boost.

Also, another point:
For those who still manage to AAA on a higher/lower speedmod, that effort doesn't go to waste. A SMALL percentage of that leftover Raw Bonus will transfer to the next round to help you out, in amounts proportional to the raw scores' proportions (so you don't transfer 7000 raw bonus from a long hard song into a 10000 total raw song cause it's short or something, obviously). This could be a huge help to some in later rounds!

Last thing:
This is COMPLETELY optional. It's set up to give a slight advantage and motivation to do it, but if you can do well enough without it, you will do just fine as is and are not going to be forced to play on other speedmods.

If for some reason this fails and things get ridiculous, I apologize. I tried to develop something that would work, and all I can do now is test it and see how things go. If it isn't working, we will be forced to revert back to normal tournament rules unless I can modify it to make things reasonable again. I ask that if that becomes the case, PLEASE be patient and understanding...

You will be able to check your scores yourself, using a spreadsheet I will provide here. Due to the nature of this idea, if you wish to use different speedmods you will probably want to experiment to see what kind of scores you can get. Here I will explain how to do that.

First, open this document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UVsU0k5ZzJmeUE
This is an excel spreadsheet that is set up with how to calculate your score. Once on this page, go to File (on the page) and then Download As. Then, download it as an excel file (if you don't have excel, talk to me about it) and go ahead and open it [in excel].

From here, you need to input some things: in the proper division space, insert your perfects, goods, avgs, misses, and boos. This should automatically put in your Raw score, make sure it matches up haha! Then, from there, input your normal speedmod and your USED speedmod for that song. It will then give you the proper difference between the two, as well as the number of .05 intervals you increased/decreased. This should ALSO give you the number of 50 good intervals. ROUND THIS NUMBER DOWN TO THE NEAREST WHOLE NUMBER. The additional raw score will now be correctly calculated, as well as the new total Raw Score, the score that will be used in the tournament. :]

Also, if you play down on speedmod, use the values in the lower box rather than the upper box (as described earlier, playing lower will still help you, but not nearly as much as playing up!).

You can calculate scores for your own benefit, as well as to check my math (we're not perfect!), but you do not NEED to post them with your score unless you wish to. I'll be doing ALL scores myself (unless yo man does some as well), so posting them is simply for your guys' benefit.

If I missed something, I will try to mention it shortly. Experiment with some scores and the spreadsheet for the next hour, and ask questions if you need to!