Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Art and Graphics (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Show your sketching! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119120)

Nullifidian 01-26-2012 05:36 PM

Re: Show your sketching!

Rare off chance I had some free time again
Not really a sketch anymore, started out as one but ended up painting over it and this came out.

midnghtraver 01-29-2012 05:53 PM

I'm an elephant.

Roooaarrrr

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/a...28320884_o.jpg

Mau5 01-31-2012 09:04 PM

Rofl. Facepalm

Spenner 01-31-2012 09:47 PM

Not bad for 27 minutes SNICKERSNICKER

Spitfire, you've gotten very good. Keep it up B)

Mau5 01-31-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 3628683)
Not bad for 27 minutes SNICKERSNICKER

:D

Spenner 02-2-2012 06:24 PM

Just a 10 hour sketch. Done in illustrator. If I had more time (I had one day due to some uncanny circumstances) it would be far more realistic.

flipsta_lombax 02-2-2012 07:31 PM

Looks awesome! Illustrator has an miraculous way with vectors, I just can't get over it. Anyways, the only thing I can pick up that seems off is the the text warping in "distortion", more so in the "dist" part. Seems a bit like it's floating, but not overly noticeable. "JOICO" as well.

Nice work, nonetheless.

yo man im awesome 02-2-2012 07:44 PM

This took me a whole 20 minutes. Now bow before my awesome might.

/thread

GROVEL BEFORE MEEEE

Spenner 02-2-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax (Post 3629818)
Looks awesome! Illustrator has an miraculous way with vectors, I just can't get over it. Anyways, the only thing I can pick up that seems off is the the text warping in "distortion", more so in the "dist" part. Seems a bit like it's floating, but not overly noticeable. "JOICO" as well.

Nice work, nonetheless.

Agreed. But as well. I had to match the reference as best I could ;/

I shouldn't have had as strong of highlights under JOICO but meh. I think I did pretty well in the day and a half I spent on it :p

flipsta_lombax 02-2-2012 08:44 PM

Seeing the reference now, even its text looks off. You've done a great job on it, I take the critique of mine back. Amazing at how CLOSE the text fonts are between your work and the reference. I'm assuming finding them took the longest in your project.

TheThong 02-2-2012 08:45 PM

yo man im awesome, I love the detail. :P

Sketchy painting counts right? Here's a Narwhal.

Spenner 02-2-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax (Post 3629873)
Seeing the reference now, even its text looks off. You've done a great job on it, I take the critique of mine back. Amazing at how CLOSE the text fonts are between your work and the reference. I'm assuming finding them took the longest in your project.

Thank you :D I had to make the text from scratch, unfortunately. Making them took the longest ;P didn't bother with finding them, I tried taking a cleaner photo and looking it up on whatthefont.com, but nothing came up 100% exact. Nevertheless it's done and I'm happy it's done @__@ thanks again

Cute painting TheThong

who_cares973 02-2-2012 08:57 PM

yeah the text seems to float over the rest of the image

Spenner 02-2-2012 09:06 PM

Oh right, that reminds me DUH I forgot to add highlights and tones to the text, no wonder.

WELP, too late, printed/mounted/submitted, onto the next project.

LongGone 02-12-2012 12:45 AM

Something I quickly did with a mouse cause I was bored, had a few ideas in my head

Another one I did, also by mouse. I should polish execution but I did all these in a rush oop

NeoMasterPie 02-12-2012 02:24 AM

lee what the **** goes through your head sometimes

Gray Fox 02-18-2012 09:40 AM

Just messing around, I want a happy meal now

Mahjix 02-20-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 3629782)
Just a 10 hour sketch. Done in illustrator. If I had more time (I had one day due to some uncanny circumstances) it would be far more realistic.

This. Is. Amazing.

I have always wanted to do something like this but in a more painted style. This is pure amazingness. Mega props.

Spenner 03-7-2012 01:59 PM

This is just a trace/cheating/whatever for class but I'll post it anyhow. I know the leaves look terrible, I don't care!!! I'm short for time.

I must admit, I learn quite a bit from tracing, gets you right face to face with tones and value and all that fun stuff.

Done in Corel Painter

leadafro 03-9-2012 05:48 AM

Something stupid I did with my new tablet.

My first digital portrait (Back when I used a mouse) :)