Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Why most people don't finish video games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120119)

Reincarnate 08-19-2011 12:19 AM

Why most people don't finish video games

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.....html?iref=NS1

leonid 08-19-2011 12:27 AM

Re: Why most people don't finish video games

nubs

DotKritic 08-19-2011 12:27 AM

I personally look at online gameplay. If its online gameplay is like COD or BF, I go straight to online play.

Frank Munoz 08-19-2011 12:28 AM

I don't even play console games anymore.
Only game I play is basically ffr, and some other game.

~kitty~ 08-19-2011 12:37 AM

I complete most of the games I start. I'm one of the ones that complete games, and if it has side-quests and such I would usually complete those as well. I didn't know there were so many people who didn't complete games, though.

DossarLX ODI 08-19-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Munoz (Post 3523651)
I don't even play console games anymore.
Only game I play is basically ffr

Pretty much this

MrGiggles 08-19-2011 12:47 AM

I don't finish games I don't like playing, otherwise I usually play to completion and occasionally 100%.

Maybe this helps explain why most recent titles have maybe 6-8 hours of actual playtime before you beat them.

yo man im awesome 08-19-2011 12:52 AM

This is really depressing... Especially since I can't stand multiplayer of most games... The farthest I tend to go with multiplayer is playing with people on the same console.

OneHandNow 08-19-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3523646)
nubs

nubs

supermousie 08-19-2011 12:56 AM

I'd only complete a game to 100% if I REALLY liked it. Most of the time, I only play to the end of the story.

phe0nixblade 08-19-2011 01:02 AM

i only buy or download shit i know ill play so i've beaten just about everything i ever had

Izzy 08-19-2011 06:57 AM

It's not just video games for me either. I seem to find everything less interesting than I used to. I even try watching or playing the games I used to love and they seem so terrible.

Coolboyrulez0 08-19-2011 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 3523720)
It's not just video games for me either. I seem to find everything less interesting than I used to. I even try watching or playing the games I used to love and they seem so terrible.

Same here, something I just sit on the computer for a few minutes pondering what exactly I should play because everything just seems to not be as fun as it used to be.

Izzy 08-19-2011 07:22 AM

You guys should watch the last episode of south park where Stan gets a disorder called cynicism and starts to hate everything.

Jousway 08-19-2011 08:40 AM

here you have this FREE LAND JOURNALIST or w/e he is saying I dont know what, but basicly the thing is the games these days are just plain shit like I dont care if I need to spend 6 whole days on completing games aslong as the game is fun and not ****ing repeating like for example he used red dead redemption, the so called game of 2010 or w/e guess what I also played it and it when like this
first 3 hours: hey this is quite fun
after 3 first hourse: WHY THE SAME BORING SHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
so I never finished it, and besides you have anoying bugs EVERY WERE that piss you the **** off like these so called "main stream" games usally have 70% more bugs that indie games.
if people would actually work on quality games with quality gameplay and not be lazy like **** with the same gameplay over and over and over and over which is donkey ball sucking boring I would be interested in so called "main stream".
till then **** so called "main stream" I'm going back to indie games

supermousie 08-19-2011 08:45 AM

Come on, Aldentron makes more sense than you. Chillax, then try post again.

speeddemon 08-19-2011 08:48 AM

As long as there are still a few willing to create wonderful long RPGs i'll be fine, but it would be very depressing if i no longer had a game i could only actually complete after sinking 100+ hours into it. It's so much more satisfying than beating some pathetic 10 hour ultra linear campaign. That being said i do love multiplayer, and when it comes to console FPS games i don't bother with the campaign, because that's not really what they're for imo.

who_cares973 08-19-2011 08:59 AM

I don't play games I don't plan on completing.

who_cares973 08-19-2011 09:09 AM

The average age of a gamer is 41 lma. This article is all kinds of bad and is plain insulting

XxMidigamixX 08-19-2011 09:20 AM

what a bunch of hipsters