Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR's Top One Handers (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=95819)

Ponygonpwns 07-11-2008 04:08 AM

Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Finally, under 5000 average rank! Yes, I'm one handed. One handed three fingers to be exact. So, can I be added onto the list?
Average: 4,980.1447
Check my level rank stats if you want to verify my average, Bynary. I wouldn't mind. This took me a while to accomplish so yay at finally reaching my goal of under 5000 average rank!

Bynary Fission 07-11-2008 10:54 AM

Congratulations! You've been added. :)

I also updated the tier list, adding 8 Hour Whore to Tier 4, and Dazer to Tier 3. I'll update the rank list in a few days, along with everything else.

~Bynary Fission

championanwar 07-11-2008 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
70 skill tokens
ranks 1272..
plus, first attempt at {Blaze}
im climbin that ladder

8 Hour Whore 07-11-2008 08:05 PM

My first attempt on Blaze was 32-0-0-4
I don't know how or why.. But I cannot FC a song without booing anymore.. I think my Keys are double tapping
I even got a boo on free space lol
Thats no joke

Bluearrowll 07-12-2008 10:14 AM

I think the song "Dimensions" should be added onto the list. It is a "Challenging", 3:57 in length in rock.

It has chains, jumps, small stream section, lots of good stuff.

8 Hour Whore 07-12-2008 01:49 PM

I refuse that song..
Gah.. Took me 6 tries to FC it!
with bad PA..
I don't like songs I can't FC on the first try..

Bynary Fission 07-13-2008 01:26 AM

Updated the list. -Live Free- got knocked off, but I added three new people: lenoff, SK8R43, and datenshi-requiem (I've notified them that they've been added). So much improvement from you all. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside. :]

~Bynary Fission

EDIT: @ Blue: It's a bit early to be adding new songs. In mid-late August or so, I'll expand the list further, possibly adding a chain category. If so, Dimensions will go in.

lenoff 07-13-2008 01:32 AM

:D ! woot !

Wyde 07-13-2008 11:24 AM

Shame I have no real way of looking back on any of my best scores for the tier point requirements, or I'd have some proof to very quickly attain some tier points. :( Well just to try and get something in just to appear active in this thread, here's a couple of things I pulled off recently:

Woo 10 points?

Bluearrowll 07-13-2008 11:37 AM

That {Red Alert} Is awesome.

Dronak 07-13-2008 02:07 PM

I know my average rank has been slipping. It was under 2000 before, but not any longer. It's a little hard sometimes to keep playing regularly and make enough improvements on songs to get a better average rank. I suspect I'm reaching my limit of what I can do at my age (older than many people on here, I think) and hand-eye coordination abilities, even with the help of speed mods and the av-miss fix. Also, as more songs get added, especially harder ones, my rank tends to get pulled down simply because of that -- about the same scores with more songs = worse average. I'm still on the list though, so that's nice. I'm not doing that bad for a one-hand player. :)

As far as the tier points go, I stink. I counted up only 17 points, *far* from getting a placement in the tiers. A few requirements are still hard for me to judge, like combo all rolls/trills/etc. type additions to combo requirements. I'm not sure how to determine those, especially since I have to pay attention to just playing the songs and trying to do well on them, which is very difficult for the harder songs (i.e., most of the ones on this list, apparently). I did notice that I was close to the 1-point combo needed on a bunch of songs, but that doesn't earn me any points. Perhaps I'll pick up some more on those in the future, but I don't see myself getting a tier ranking any time soon.

In any event, it's nice to see these rankings and tiers for one-hand players. I think most people end up playing two-handed, which seems to be commonly accepted as better than one-handed, so it's nice to have some comparison with only people who play the same way I do, especially since I generally can't compare to the best two-handed players in the game. Thanks for the update. Maybe I'll try for some of the tokens here when I have time, if I think I can do any of them.

Bynary Fission 07-13-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyde (Post 2334845)
Shame I have no real way of looking back on any of my best scores for the tier point requirements, or I'd have some proof to very quickly attain some tier points. :( Well just to try and get something in just to appear active in this thread, here's a couple of things I pulled off recently:

Woo 10 points?

Actually, if you subscribe, you will get a breakdown of all your scores, stating your number of perfects, goods, averages, misses, and boos, in addition to listing the best combo you've gotten. That's what I use to calculate my TPs, anyways.

~Bynary Fission

Dronak 07-13-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2336185)
Actually, if you subscribe, you will get a breakdown of all your scores, stating your number of perfects, goods, averages, misses, and boos, in addition to listing the best combo you've gotten.

Interesting, I didn't know about that. That could be useful. Fortunately, I've kept a spreadsheet with my personal best scores since shortly after I started playing FFR. I typically only keep screen shots of my first FC or PC/AAA, so I don't have images for most of my best scores. I used my best score spreadsheet to count up the few tier points I do have. I could probably provide a cleaned-up copy of my spreadsheet if others wanted to do this, too.

Edit: Possible points to clarify in the tier points section -- (1) that you only get one point amount per song, for the highest/hardest thing you can do; e.g., FCing {Red Alert} results in 2 points, not 3 (2 for FC plus 1 for 250+ combo), (2) how "clean" the scores need to be; there's mention of averages = 1.8 goods, but does that only count on things like "20 or fewer" requirements, the ones that earn more points than a FC? Do my sloppy FCs and/or combos still earn me points?

championanwar 07-14-2008 11:18 AM

I SDG'd Jurs OP.. add mah scores naooo

Bynary Fission 07-14-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by championanwar (Post 2338973)
I SDG'd Jurs OP.. add mah scores naooo

You've got to tally them up yourself. Dronak said he uses a spread sheet to keep track of his scores, ask him for a copy. That would be the best way to keep track of your TPs if you are not a subscriber.

~Bynary Fission

Bluearrowll 07-14-2008 03:06 PM

741 8 MAX Forever 4,185,140* 2663 42 4 0 14 2709 48

Average: 199.5719

You have FC'd 99.64% of all public songs.
You have AAA'd 34.53% of all public songs.

Ponygonpwns 07-14-2008 04:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Even though this wasn't on the tiers, I'll post it anyways. After about a year, I finally FCd Beethoven Virus and got V1 from it. Is this a good score? I'll post tier scores later.

EDIT: Would it be okay if I were to post pictures of my level ranks for tier points or do I have to earn them again?

Bynary Fission 07-14-2008 04:51 PM

Good score. :)

Nope, you don't have to post them here. Just calculate them yourself and tally them up. Use your levelrank feature to do so.

~Bynary Fission

Crashfan3 07-14-2008 05:00 PM

Yo! Bynary!
I mashed my way up to 4587. Now can I be on the list? :3
And of course, I'll keep going further. I want to try and break 3000.

Bynary Fission 07-14-2008 05:03 PM

*Attention: The list is now full. To get on, you must lower your average rank enough to beat the person in 30th place.*

About time. ^_^

Yep, you've been added. I'm sure you could get your average rank down to at least 2000, if not lower. Keep going!

~Bynary Fission