Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR's Top One Handers (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=95819)

Ponygonpwns 07-25-2008 05:33 PM

Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Wow, FCing Rock songs is boring. :/ 42% FCs yays! :D

Guest15937 07-25-2008 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Burning Sun Get!!!!!!

Bynary Fission 07-25-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest15937 (Post 2389915)
Burning Sun Get!!!!!!

I should probably add this...you can't get tokens unless you're on the list. You can place the token in your sig, since you technically met the reqs for it, but it will not record them until you secure a spot on the top 30.

~Bynary Fission

Bluearrowll 07-25-2008 06:16 PM

Cruel.

datenshi-requiem 07-25-2008 07:34 PM

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s32/v1k1ng/am.jpg

^^ SDG on AM-3P

<3

Redorigami 07-25-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2390175)
I should probably add this...you can't get tokens unless you're on the list. You can place the token in your sig, since you technically met the reqs for it, but it will not record them until you secure a spot on the top 30.

~Bynary Fission

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 2390211)
Cruel.

This.
Really, you should let people get tokens recorded in the OP whether they're on the list or not :(
That's just mean Bynary :<

Bynary Fission 07-25-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redorigami (Post 2391758)
This.
Really, you should let people get tokens recorded in the OP whether they're on the list or not :(
That's just mean Bynary :<

Where else would I keep track of their tokens? :(

~Bynary Fission

Ponygonpwns 07-26-2008 12:35 AM

Just add him in the list of the Burning Sun token, and remember to put it in when he goes in the top 30.

Dronak 07-26-2008 01:10 AM

I made a little improvement in average rank today by playing some difficulty 8 (out of 12) songs that didn't have great ranks. I managed to add Resurrection In Progress and Courage FCs to my list (maybe not so clean, but still 0 misses), and knock Hanabi out of my worst ranked songs, improving it by ~3000 ranks or so.

I'm currently 4 FCs away from 200, but it may be hard for me to get there. I've already FCed almost everything through difficulty 6 (I think Infinite Blue is the one exception), and much of 7, with only a few at 8. I'll have to try working on the difficulty 7 ones more, I guess; songs at 8 tend to push my ability a bit too far, at least if they're on the harder side rather than the easier side.

irionman 07-26-2008 01:45 PM

did it finally

Bluearrowll 07-26-2008 02:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
haha congrats.

Now it's time for my next token, and i'm stepping up the difficulty a bit.

Token: AAA v5

Requirements: AAA any 5 DIFFERENT songs in a row.

And my unlock of course. :p

(Just so you know, you could choose to AAA 5 FGOs, a FGO FMO VC C VD, or even 4 easiest and 1 beginners in a row lol)

Dronak 07-26-2008 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluearrowll (Post 2393073)
Token: AAA v5

Requirements: AAA any 5 DIFFERENT songs in a row.

Here's my unlock of this token, and yes, I chose some of the easiest songs in the game to do it. I might not be able to get it if I tried to use harder songs. Sometimes I can't FC on demand; getting a PC/AAA on demand is even harder. I'll add it into my signature after the first post is updated with it and the token image.

Ponygonpwns 07-26-2008 07:48 PM

So, after FCing Red Dress [Heavy] and The World As We Know It, I have 7 7s (lol) left to FC. Which should I go for first? The songs I have left are Shin Trigger, The Final Fantasy, August (Hyper Euro Twin Turbo Mix), F, Bicycle Break, 4F73R M3 (FFR edit) and Synesthetic FFR Edit. Which is the easiest? Also, washing your hands in soap and water before playing FFR really helped me FC songs, so try that and see if you get better at a song that has been pissing you off. :D Also, yes I have Synestheic FFR Edit in secret, if you wanted to ask.
EDIT: Got the August FC! (17-3-0-0 hate average count, oh well)
EDIT2: Also FCd The Final Fantasy! (37-3-0-5, hate the score :/ lol average count is the same in this and August)
EDIT3: Anyone got tips on FCing that one part in Shin Trigger? The one around the 550 combo
EDIT4: Never mind, FC'd Shin Trigger. (13-2-0-0, could be better)
EDIT5: FC'd F! (30-2-0-2, boos from the part with the purple and pink notes, same with averages) 3 7's left!

Soul Slayer 07-26-2008 08:20 PM

You guys are gods, seriously.

Ponygonpwns 07-26-2008 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
FC'd Synesthetic FFR Edit with a score of 26-2-0-3. I hate the background and the blue noteskin. :P 2 7's left: Bicycle Break (4:34) and 4F73R M3 (3:09). Why did they have to have 7s with songs 3+ min? :/
EDIT: FC'd 4F73R M3! 1 7 left! (Score: 39-1-0-1, the ending 15-20ish jumps gave me the boo, average was random)
EDIT2: ;_; I got 1 miss on Bicycle Break with boos > averages, getting my 1 Miss Token. Rank 1 away from 1337, lol.
EDIT3: Going for Bicycle Break FC at night, parents are bugging me too much right now. :/
EDIT4: YES! YES! **** YES! I just FC'd Bicycle Break with a score of 26-0-0-2. Not improving because this song is hard to get good PA on. Now to FC some 8s.

Dronak 07-26-2008 10:41 PM

After struggling through most of my worst-ranked songs, I actually managed to get new personal bests on a bunch of them, improving my average rank by roughly 100 spots. Not a huge improvement, but better than I've done for a while, and hopefully enough to keep my place on the list. ;) I'm hoping to get my average rank down under 2000, but I'm too tired to try to improve it more now. Also, I was checking the tier points lists to see if I got high enough combos to pick up a few more points, and it looks like I've earned 4 or 6 more (see question 1 below). I'm still nowhere near the bottom tier, but it's progress nonetheless.

Some questions: (1) For X-Dreamer Final Cut, it says 1 point = get under 3 misses on jacks and 2 points = combo all jacks. Would an FC earn 2 points then? If so, then I have 6 more points instead of 4. (2) For the skill token count, are the "beginner" ones included? I may lose points if they're not. (3) How is something like average rank counted? It changes, so if you're near a cut-off rank, you could be gaining/losing 1 point as your average rank fluctuates. Granted, this isn't a big deal for tiers -- it seems unlikely that 1 point would cause the difference between tier placings -- but I am curious. (4) On related noted, is it OK to count points based on our best scores? That's what I've been doing, but I can't necessarily easily repeat those scores. Also, what if a non-best score would earn more tier points? I have gotten as high as a 367 combo on Silence (2 points), but my best total score only has a 153 combo (1 point). Again, I'm far from a tier, so it doesn't matter that much, but I'm wondering. Thanks.

P.S. -- I hate when new best scores don't get recorded. I've gotten six of them lately, and it's annoying because it's hard for me to improve on songs at those difficulty levels. Oh well. Someday I'll get better scores again that actually get recorded.

Zageron 07-26-2008 11:09 PM

As for improvement. I almost AAAd NeoMAX today.

First time playing in 7 months, and I AAAd it up to the last 60 notes. Where I proceeded to miss, get two goods and a boo. ;_;

sarahxjane 07-27-2008 07:07 AM

My average is better.
:)

Just sayin'

Redsky139 07-27-2008 09:33 AM

Congrats on getting under 2000 av rank, sarahxjane! I'm hoping to sneak under 1500 by the end of the month.

Binary - there will come a time in the next year or so that you will need to be close to/under 1000 av rank to make this list. The one-handers are coming... :)

Bluearrowll 07-27-2008 04:16 PM

SarahxJane improved a bit :O